La Doyenne *spoiler*

123457»

Comments

• RichN95 wrote:
    You'd never see someone like Basso doing something so crazee!

I've seen him try to swim. That was pretty crazy.

Yeah, but that's just crazy. Cavendish's shenanigans are crazee! That's a whole different level of crazyness.

Sorry, crazee-ness!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    [iain\bernie\Coroneymede\boring people] What about sprinters? [/iain\bernie\Coroneymede\boring people]

Wow, I'm in illustrious company

You mean the boring people, right?

All of them are, aren't they?

I hope your not suggesting that sprinters are boring? Have you not seen that photo of Cavendish sitting on a bike on the roof rack of a stationary car. You'd never see someone like Basso doing something so crazee!

I heard that after a particularly wild Liquigas team night out Basso and Nibali once dressed up as chefs, boiled a shoe and then ate it, now that is crazy.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • I heard that after a particularly wild Liquigas team night out Basso and Nibali once dressed up as chefs, boiled a shoe and then ate it, now that is crazy.

No, that's stupid. Cavendish, like all sprinters (except maybe Tyler Farrar...) is crazee!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    I heard that after a particularly wild Liquigas team night out Basso and Nibali once dressed up as chefs, boiled a shoe and then ate it, now that is crazy.

No, that's stupid. Cavendish, like all sprinters (except maybe Tyler Farrar...) is crazee!

Sprinters are relatively sane. Have you ever heard The Schleck Brothers cover of "[snooker]Cycling Loopy Nuts Are We"?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Saw this on CN...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vinokou ... e-vino-way

Really? I didn't see Iglinskiy hand a bag of used notes to Nibali...
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Sprinters are relatively sane. Have you ever heard The Schleck Brothers cover of "[snooker]Cycling Loopy Nuts Are We"?

The Schlecks are not crazee, they are DULLLLLL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxEgmenK ... re=related

Oh and they like meat, which is why they are so good at Amstel or something?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Sprinters are relatively sane. Have you ever heard The Schleck Brothers cover of "[snooker]Cycling Loopy Nuts Are We"?

Andy and Frank are sad. For sure pro cycling's saved a village somewhere in Luxembourg from having this couple of redneck village idiots types
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Dave_1 wrote:

Andy and Frank are sad. For sure pro cycling's saved a village somewhere in Luxembourg from having this couple of redneck village idiots types

Be fair though, if cycling hadn't been able to draw on redneck village idiots and farmers sons we wouldn't have had much of a sport over the years.

Totally agree re the Schlecks though. All their quirky stuff smacks a little too much of Steve Davis doing something for comic relief to show he's actually quite interesting. I'd probably just look the other way if it wasn't for the fact that so much of their cycling has that Laurel and Hardy feel to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

I hope your not suggesting that sprinters are boring? Have you not seen that photo of Cavendish sitting on a bike on the roof rack of a stationary car. You'd never see someone like Basso doing something so crazee!

Of course not. Sprints are boring.

Sprinters may well be crazeeee. Or annoying. Or boring.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    And speaking for the defence-

Sprinting is the best part of cycling. Can anyone here name a boring sprinter?
  • iainf72 wrote:

Of course not. Sprints are boring.

Sprinters may well be crazeeee. Or annoying. Or boring.

Well, I'm not sure I would say sprinters are crazeeee, that's a whole different level. That's Voeckler and Voigt territory!
  • Tusher wrote:

Tyler Farrar. Not crazee at all.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Tusher wrote:

Petacchi?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Pettachi is unboring in an Italian way....

Farrar is a good shout though - though in fairness, he's a cr*p sprinter!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Pettachi is unboring in an Italian way....

Yes, cr*p he might be, but he still is a sprinter! And if you had a choice of inviting him or the Schlecks to a dinner party, you'd invite the Schlecks, right? As long as there was lots of meat, obviously...
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    ddraver wrote:

Yes, cr*p he might be, but he still is a sprinter! And if you had a choice of inviting him or the Schlecks to a dinner party, you'd invite the Schlecks, right? As long as there was lots of meat, obviously...

I'd invite Farrar every time. He may be boring, but he seems like a nice enough guy. Also I'd be spared the sight of Andy and Frank going to the loo together all night, and Andy boasting that Frank is the most interesting person at the dinner party, definitely in the top 10 anyway.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Farrar over the Schlecks??
    There's no contest, Tyler would win every time.
    He's polite, interesting, deep and would make a fascinating dinner companion.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,737
    EBH? ;).
  • Tusher wrote:
    Farrar over the Schlecks??
    There's no contest, Tyler would win every time.
    He's polite, interesting, deep and would make a fascinating dinner companion.

Fascinating? All he would talk about all evening would be his transition lenses! Yes Tyler, we know they adapt to different light conditions and filter out harmful UV rays, but it's not really a problem in the dining room, is it?
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    [iain\bernie\Coroneymede\boring people] What about sprinters? [/iain\bernie\Coroneymede\boring people]

Wow, I'm in illustrious company

You mean the boring people, right?

All of them are, aren't they?

Isn't that the Sidi advert? Oh wait......

Anyway nothing is as boring as the Schlecks, it's like watching paint dry. Actually I like paint so it's not all like that.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Peoples selective memories are hilarious! :D
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Peoples selective memories are hilarious! :D

I can't even remember what this thread is supposed to be about! :wink: