Question Time-Cake Stop stylee. LeicesterLad

124»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Questions for Rick Chasey..........

1. You have to make one wish, but you cannot benefit from the wish, what would it be ? Oo tricky one. Trying to think up some kind of smart ars* answer but can't. Without wanting to sound like a Miss World contender (but doing so anyway), probably wish that everyone could be free of unnecessary violence or something.

2. If you could go back in time, where and when and why ? Tricky. From the little I know of history the past always seems worse than now. Maybe I'd like to go a few years back so I could be a grad coming out of uni in the '05 /06 boom years. Would have saved me a lot of hassle and grief.

3. Whats your favourite colour? erm, not sure? Giro pink?

4. What is your ideal job, anywhere in the world ? Oo so many to pick. Would love to be THE pro-cycling journo go to man. Those economist roles at big banks sounds nice - indulge your own economic curiosities and get paid a fortune. No-one seems to pay attention if you're wrong. Not much travel, home at the same time most nights. [/b].

Questions for DMC:

1 - favourite place in the world you've visited that's not home.

2 - Worst place you've visted in the world outside of the UK.

3 - what one material thing would you want in life if you could have any?

4 - your ideal job.

1. Kristiansand in Norway in the summer.
    2. Angola, heartbreaking.
    3. A nice stainless Rolex submariner.
    4. A Park Ranger in one of the big North American parks.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    ^^^^^^^^^^ You two are starting to sound like you're on a first date. Put someone else in the firing line.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388

1. You have to make one wish, but you cannot benefit from the wish, what would it be ? Oo tricky one. Trying to think up some kind of smart ars* answer but can't. Without wanting to sound like a Miss World contender (but doing so anyway), probably wish that everyone could be free of unnecessary violence or something.

2. If you could go back in time, where and when and why ? Tricky. From the little I know of history the past always seems worse than now. Maybe I'd like to go a few years back so I could be a grad coming out of uni in the '05 /06 boom years. Would have saved me a lot of hassle and grief.

4. What is your ideal job, anywhere in the world ? Oo so many to pick. Would love to be THE pro-cycling journo go to man. Those economist roles at big banks sounds nice - indulge your own economic curiosities and get paid a fortune. No-one seems to pay attention if you're wrong. Not much travel, home at the same time most nights. [/b].

Questions for DMC:

4 - your ideal job.

Is that it? All that complaining ans that's all we get? Gaalll!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ddraver wrote:

Questions for DMC:

4 - your ideal job.

Is that it? All that complaining ans that's all we get? Gaalll!!

"Ever feel like youve been had ?" , dmclite 2012 and johnny Rotten 1978.
  • Aggieboy
    OK newbie, step up to the plate. I'll change the title name as and when to next chosen person.

1. Have you got any scars? If so, how did you get it/them?

2. One track you'd definitely like played at your funeral.

3. Favourite MILF.

4. If you could go on a course to learn a new hobby or skill, what would you choose?
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Aggieboy wrote:
    OK newbie, step up to the plate. I'll change the title name as and when to next chosen person.

3. Favourite MILF.

4. If you could go on a course to learn a new hobby or skill, what would you choose?

1) I have a few - one on each eyebrow, the left from being hit in face with cricket bat when wicket keeping as a kid, the other from walking into a banister at home as a kid. D'oh. A couple of others on hands from falling off the bike.

2) No deep reason and probably not very appropriate for a funeral but Golden Brown by the Stranglers or otherwise In Memory of Elizabeth Reed by the Allman Brothers.

3) Hrm if I had to pick only one would probably be Diane Lane.

4) Cabinet making, would love to make bespoke furniture for a living - it would be much more fulfilling than sitting in front of a computer most of the time.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Come on Nathancom. You have to ask questions too.
  • Aggieboy
    nathancom wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:

3. Favourite MILF.

1) I have a few - one on each eyebrow, the left from being hit in face with cricket bat when wicket keeping as a kid, the other from walking into a banister at home as a kid. D'oh. A couple of others on hands from falling off the bike.

2) No deep reason and probably not very appropriate for a funeral but Golden Brown by the Stranglers or otherwise In Memory of Elizabeth Reed by the Allman Brothers.

3) Hrm if I had to pick only one would probably be Diane Lane.

4) Cabinet making, would love to make bespoke furniture for a living - it would be much more fulfilling than sitting in front of a computer most of the time.

You're older than I thought. :wink: Your 4 for someone?
  • nathancom
    I'm late to this party...ok, who is left to ask?

My questions are:

1) What personal achievement are you most proud of?

2) If you could be any famous person instead of yourself who would it be and why?

3) When was the last time you blubbed like a baby?

4) What personal bad habit do you feel most ashamed of?
  • Aggieboy
    nathancom wrote:

My questions are:

2) If you could be any famous person instead of yourself who would it be and why?

There are loads just pick one or I will if you like.
  • nathancom
    Yeah go for it.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

My questions are:

Kendal Black Drop please step forward to answer and then ask your 4.
  • 1) What personal achievement are you most proud of?

Probably joining a cave/mountain rescue team. My first call out involved searching for a crashed light aircraft and then stretchering the pilot off the hill. That was a satisfying night.

This one is a tough question, certainly the hardest of my four. I would have loved to have been a great musician/song writer though, so I will say David Byrne, ex Talking Heads. Ask me again tomorrow and I'll probably give you a different answer though.

I probably cry a bit too much, but usually just shedding the odd tear when I read a sad story. The last time I blubbed like a baby was a couple of years ago - relationship problem, enough said.

Either smoking (which I'm struggling to give up) or my laziness when it comes to tidying my stuff up.

Now I have to think of four more questions, and pick a random person to answer them.
  • Questions for team47b:

1. If you had to leave Portugal and move back to the UK where would you choose to live?
    2. Other than cycling what hobby gives you the most pleasure?
    3. What book would you recommend to the Cake Stop?
    4. What food from the UK do you miss the most?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Sorry for the delay in replying we run on a different timeframe here, 1974 :D

1. If you had to leave Portugal and move back to the UK where would you choose to live?

1 Easy answer would be The New Forest as it was where I was from, but I think I could try Glastonbury and live on ley lines, tofu and free range cous-cous.
    2 Sketching and Sesqipedalianism (polysyllabic holophrastic verbalism) well, it's an hour innit.
    3 Labyrinths by George Louis Borge, an Argentinian writer who was a professional idler, short short stories, a style which takes the De Stiil via Baroq to the point of parody, genius, only book I enjoy re-reading. Or the Garden Gang by Jayne Fisher aged nine.
    4 It used to be Marmite, but you can now buy it here, so I think pea fritter and chips or any other UK health food.

Four questions for puma

1 favourite time of the day and why?
    2 Your most unusual sandwich ingredient?
    3 If you could wake up with a new talent what one would you pick?
    4 What cartoon character would you be?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    team47b wrote:
    Sorry for the delay in replying we run on a different timeframe here, 1974 :D

1 Easy answer would be The New Forest as it was where I was from, but I think I could try Glastonbury and live on ley lines, tofu and free range cous-cous.
    2 Sketching and Sesqipedalianism (polysyllabic holophrastic verbalism) well, it's an hour innit.
    3 Labyrinths by George Louis Borge, an Argentinian writer who was a professional idler, short short stories, a style which takes the De Stiil via Baroq to the point of parody, genius, only book I enjoy re-reading. Or the Garden Gang by Jayne Fisher aged nine.
    4 It used to be Marmite, but you can now buy it here, so I think pea fritter and chips or any other UK health food.

Four questions for puma

I haven't been following this, but I got a PM, so I have had to catch up.

I'll answer the questions.

A: The first cuppa, in the morning, which is usually mint tea, and this time of year fresh mint tea from the garden. It washes the clay of sleep away and get the old system moving.

A: I'm afraid I don't have one. You can't beat a double fried egg sarny with salt and pepper and brahn sauce, so why complicate it with monkeys?

A: I would love to be able do read minds, really do it not silly Derren Brown tricks, but really get into the minds of folk. I might then be able to understand my missus.

A: Scooby Doo. He was the brains of that outfit, oh yeah, he'd come across all innocent with Yoiks! And the Scraggeeeees, and Uh Oh's but he knew where it was at, oh yes. He don't fool me.

Four for Hoopdriver.

1. iPods, good idea or the devils own creation?
    2. Samantha Fox or Linda Lucardi? And why?
    3. If you where Clarke Kent, would you reveal your secret identity?
    4. Would you like to learn how to unicycle?
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    edited May 2012
    Three people of any era, living or dead, to invite for dinner: Mark Twain, Sir Richard Burton (the explorer) and Lola Montez. I' not sure how we'd all get on around the table but it couldn't fail to be an interesting meal. I know I am limited to three guests but I'll be cheeky and nominate Clancy of The Overflow to tend bar. He's fictional, I know, but what a great guy to have at the bar.

Last time I cried: I'm not exactly a waterworks kind of guy, being of dour flinty Yankee stock, and to be honest I don't remember. I did feel pretty shake and emotional on 9-11 upon hearing some people i knew were in the plane that hit the Pentagon.

Anything to change in life, big or small: I'd have made a lot more of the opportunities I had presented to me in my early 20s. A lot more.

Tickets to any sporting event, any time, any where: Brooklyn Dodger vs New York Giants at the Polo Grounds on 3 October 1951 to see Bobby Thompson's "shot heard round the world" home run in the bottom of the ninth inning to give the New York Giants the National League pennant.

oh - wait - hang on, I see I have answered the wrong set of questions. I got a PM, saw the questions in the OP and thought we were all doing the same ones. Here goes for the others:

iPods (and iPads) are a great thing! I travel a lot and it is wonderful to be able to carry a selection of movies of my own choosing rather than have to watch the rubbish the airlines dish out.

Samantha Fox or Linda Lucardi - I must betray my ignorance here. I am guessing this is an English variant on the Gilligan's Island inspired question often put to American males - Ginger or Mary Ann. I was always a Mary Ann guy. I don't know if that answers the question...

If I were Clark Kent would I reveal my secret identity? How do you know I'm not Clark Kent?

Would I like to learn how to ride a unicycle. No, I'd rather acquire the ability magically without the bumps, bruises and silly pratfalls!
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Questions for Leicester Lad

Where in the world would you most like to travel - and how would you most like to get there?

You have been granted a wish to ride in any year's edition of the Tour de France (and the fitness to make a good showing) - which year would that be, any why?

You see a speeding Cadillac drive off Beachy Head - which four people would you most like to imagine were sitting inside it?

Its the big day. They are testing the drop just outside your cell window and the warder drops by to ask what you'd like for dinner that night. What do you tell him?