Silly Commuter Jersey

13»

Comments

• yocto
    yocto Posts: 86
    Sorry to jump in so late.

With the FCN you could have a patch that you button on. For example along the back of the jersey towards the bottom (where the rear pockets are) you could have the letters ‘FCN’ with a space to button on the number. The number could also be reflective (?). Rapha do a reflective (hi-vis) button-on patch http://www.rapha.cc/long-sleeve-city-riding-jersey Something a bit like this (with regards to the patch). The patch could be double sided to save on the number of different patches produced. We could have the option to choose which number(s) we wanted when purchasing a jersey.

Of course this would just add to the overall cost. Just an idea…
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    None of your FCN's change?

Exactly I've got 4 bikes that I can ride in on.. plus different kit alters it to

I like the idea of the star for the winners of SCR of the year, but that's like a super target then :lol:

Next thing you know CJCP will be scalped by a girl on a brommie
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Maybe get high tec jerseys with LED display panels - change your SCR number as of ten as you like
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Clever Pun wrote:
    None of your FCN's change?

Exactly I've got 4 bikes that I can ride in on.. plus different kit alters it to

I like the idea of the star for the winners of SCR of the year, but that's like a super target then :lol:

Next thing you know CJCP will be scalped by a girl on a brommie

I, too, like the idea of the star.... :mrgreen:

@Green Brompton - meet, CP, a fellow Brommie rider. He's tall (Redwood tall), with tattoos and a beard.

Go get him. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Looking at yet more Twin Six socks I just realised they already have a Jersey of the same spec being asked for on here :lol:

Twin+Six+Cat+6+Jersey+2012_rear.jpg
    http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/twin-six- ... -1156.html
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    iPete wrote:
    Looking at yet more Twin Six socks I just realised they already have a Jersey of the same spec being asked for on here :lol:

Twin+Six+Cat+6+Jersey+2012_rear.jpg
    http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/twin-six- ... -1156.html

I'm sorry but I would only be able to go for it if that 6 was in a blue circle
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    i do like it - but 60 quid???? for real?
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    If the quality is there its a reasonable price? Not sure how much a custom kit would cost?
  • Clever Pun
    iPete wrote:
    If the quality is there its a reasonable price? Not sure how much a custom kit would cost?

The lfgss custom was about £75 I think
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Clever Pun wrote:
    iPete wrote:

I'll knit them for you all at that price :lol:
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    The last price I saw for a custom was about £28, but I can't remember which website.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Clever Pun
    mrc1 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    iPete wrote:

£75 for a job lot, cutting your margins thin a bit there
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • rewound
    rewound Posts: 6
    Just a thought velcro... leave a gap somewhere and stick some of the self adhesive velcro bits to it and then buy a varierty of numbers. Just a case of finding the right velcro number for the day depending on bike / clothing / luggage / length of stubble!!
  • We just ordered 25 custom jerseys in various sizes S - XL as works team kit (London Revolution and other events, plus commuting), from Owayo. They were around £28-odd each, we did the design in-house. Kenton RC get theirs for £30 from a different supplier, but I don't think theres much to chose between them in terms of quality.
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I have used Owayo a couple of times - the jersey on my avatar was one of theirs. The minimum order size is pretty small - half a dozen or so I think. They also agreed to slight modifications for a small additional fee - names, motifs (my Welsh mate had a dragon on his neck) etc. Jerseys are pretty good quality - 3/4/ zip, wash well, not the most technical but a reasonable cut.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Clever Pun wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    iPete wrote:

£75 for a job lot, cutting your margins thin a bit there

You drive a hard bargain *puts knitting needles away*

I'd definitely recommend wildoo as I mentioned in the other thread.

There's a choice of fabrics/cuts but for a coolmax full length zip they start around £28 including a free design service. Minimum order is 10.

http://www.wildoo.co.uk/
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1