Silly Commuter Jersey

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    ToeKnee wrote:
    I like the idea of a SCR/FCN badge ... not sure if I've got the skills required to sew, or even iron, it onto a seat post though. ;)

Just stitch it into the carbon weave. You do have a carbon seatpost, right!?

:)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • I like the idea of a patch with your FCN number.

A silly commuting fact: In Finland, this activity is called Työmatkatempo, meaning Commuting Crit. Maybe it's because of the lower population density, which makes it near impossible to race anyone. We have to just time ourselves.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I like the idea of the hat. With FCN = [no.] written back to front on the inside of the cap so when you flip your cap up its there. All secret, like.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    None of your FCN's change?
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    you used to be fun
  • I like the idea of the hat. With FCN = [no.] written back to front on the inside of the cap so when you flip your cap up its there. All secret, like.

So would this cap fit over your helmet like a jockey?

Shouldn't the cap or jersey be hi-viz? Nothing says commuter more than hi-hiz :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    Ben6899 wrote:
    ToeKnee wrote:
    I like the idea of a SCR/FCN badge ... not sure if I've got the skills required to sew, or even iron, it onto a seat post though. ;)

Just stitch it into the carbon weave. You do have a carbon seatpost, right!?

:)
    Now if manufacturers started selling carbon seat posts with an FCN number woven in I might just get one ...
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • rick_chasey
    I like the idea of the hat. With FCN = [no.] written back to front on the inside of the cap so when you flip your cap up its there. All secret, like.

Please tell me you're joking, else I might cry.

smzyd_tour.jpg
  • I like the idea of the hat. With FCN = [no.] written back to front on the inside of the cap so when you flip your cap up its there. All secret, like.

smzyd_tour.jpg

But surely Rick if you wore the helmet over the cap then nobody could read your FCN :wink:
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    In the spirit of inter-forum relations, how about the slogan "We don't do Cake Stops" ;)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • rick_chasey

smzyd_tour.jpg

But surely Rick if you wore the helmet over the cap then nobody could read your FCN :wink:

Can you read the word liquigas on his cap?

I'm guessing you can read the omega pharma on Gilbert's cap too :P

Philippe_Gilbert_1741009c.jpg
  • I don't want to have to get up close and personal just to read somebody's FCN on cap obscured by a helmet. I want to spot them from 100 yards and sweep past them with imperceivable recognition :wink:
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    FCN on jerseys/caps is nice, but FCN's change, especially if you have more than 1 bike to commute on. I like the idea of discreet FCN x stickers for the bikes. Maybe make them reflective on black and small enough that they go on a seatpost/mudguard/helmet/backpack etc. You could even do them in mixed packs, e.g. -1 to 5, 6 to 10, 11 plus so that people could put the right ones on the right bike.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I don't want to have to get up close and personal just to read somebody's FCN on cap obscured by a helmet. I want to spot them from 100 yards and sweep past them with imperceivable recognition :wink:

But then you won't be SCR'ing and it won't count. As Rick said, you can't wear this jersey if you are doing SCR. Effectively it disqualifies you.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Unless we could find a very understanding jersey maker I'm pretty sure they'd class each of the different numbers on the jerseys as a different order and therefore each number would need a minimum order....
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    mrc1 - are you sure (probably are given that you have had your own made up)

I thought that if you use templates from a manufacterer's database you are ok. Its when they have to start creating templates and blanks of your own that it starts adding up...bigtime.

That's my recollection from uni, but then we only had printed tshirts (not bad quality, mind)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Just needs the number 6. You don't need your FCN. You know when you've been scalped. End of.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    iPete wrote:

blue circle though, yeah?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    cjcp wrote:
    Just needs the number 6. You don't need your FCN. You know when you've been scalped. End of.

Plus lots.

Putting the FCN number on the shirt wouldn't work as it changes all the time - and anyway we can all recognise a worthy target from a thousand yards.

I rather liked the OP's design. Black and white is the right pallette.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I'm with the CAT 6 brigade, and keep thinking about getting one of those tops.....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    What is the Cat 6 thing all about? That one has passed me by...
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    BigMat wrote:

It's another name for SCR: http://www.ecovelo.info/2010/12/07/category-6-racing/
    I believe the equivalent of 4th Cat in the US is Cat 5 so it's one higher than that :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    BigMat wrote:

It's another name for SCR: http://www.ecovelo.info/2010/12/07/category-6-racing/
    I believe the equivalent of 4th Cat in the US is Cat 5 so it's one higher than that :)
    Its one category higher than "Cat Douche".

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.co.uk/2010/ ... thing.html
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    UIL7H.png

yvhpb.png
  • bigmat
    Ah, so an Americanised description of SCR that is of no relevance to these shores?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    BigMat wrote:
    Ah, so an Americanized description of SCR that is of no relevance to these shores?
    FTFY
  • bigmat
    notsoblue wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    Ah, so an Americanized description of SCR that is of no relevance to these shores?
    FTFY
    :lol: - how about Yankified?
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    coriordan wrote:

I thought that if you use templates from a manufacterer's database you are ok. Its when they have to start creating templates and blanks of your own that it starts adding up...bigtime.

That's my recollection from uni, but then we only had printed tshirts (not bad quality, mind)

I'm not sure no :lol:

You may well be alright with a standard template style design - just wanted to sound a note of caution!

I like the socks but shouldn't it be Cat 5?
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    mrc1 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

I'm not sure no :lol:

You may well be alright with a standard template style design - just wanted to sound a note of caution!

I like the socks but shouldn't it be Cat 5?

I didn't dezign the socks! they are made by Twin Six who are probably Americanz!