got any riding ambitions for this summer?

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    1mancity2 wrote:
    delcol wrote:
    mine is to go back to whistler,, but with thing the way they are at the minute (jobless) i cant see it happening..

mancity i would give anything to have to go to work.. being unemplyed sucks.....

Yeah I know bud and I would hate it to tbh, but a job were you can ride a bike, hmmmmmmmm

Become a mountain bike instructor and move to the Aps!..I know I could do with a lesson (or 10) :)
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    end of the summer, Kielder 100
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    1mancity2 wrote:
    delcol wrote:
    mine is to go back to whistler,, but with thing the way they are at the minute (jobless) i cant see it happening..

mancity i would give anything to have to go to work.. being unemplyed sucks.....

Yeah I know bud and I would hate it to tbh, but a job were you can ride a bike, hmmmmmmmm

Become a mountain bike instructor and move to the Aps!..I know I could do with a lesson (or 10) :)

If only!!

I prefer to pass on my misguided wisdom for haribo :wink:
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Ghostt
    Ghostt Posts: 192
    Good to see others have got some ambitions other than just 'get out and ride'!

Well, I graduate this summer so... I intend to buy a cheap van, got a tasty full sus build lined up (begins with K and ends in nolly, won't say anymore) and finally go ride all these places I keep reading about.

More specifically? Get a whip nailed :D
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Ghostt wrote:

Well, I graduate this summer so... I intend to buy a cheap van, got a tasty full sus build lined up (begins with K and ends in nolly, won't say anymore) and finally go ride all these places I keep reading about.

Get an old Fiat Scuda / Peugeot Expert; just long enough to sleep in the back of right at the trail head :)
  • felix.london
    Ghostt wrote:

Sounds like a good plan! 8)

Trek Session 8
  • Ghostt
    Get an old Fiat Scuda / Peugeot Expert; just long enough to sleep in the back of right at the trail head :)
    Hopefully got a swb tranny lined up, room for two if you know what I mean :D
    Currently ebaying a sound system I can wire into it, plus a double matress. Luxury!
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot
  • 1mancity2
    Ghostt wrote:

Tail whip or Moto whip?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I think he just wants to be whipped. Kinky boy.
  • 1mancity2

Who dosn't :twisted:
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Firstly to keep riding - similar to mancity, our little 'un is due on monday... In preparation for the time off, i've ordered everything to build a carbon 456 up as a mess around / change from the enduro.

Then, want to get fitter !

Also want to progress my drops / jumps. Started doing them about 8 - 9 months ago. Want to be able to do the full Gisburn downhill run (bar the big fooka in the middle) by the end of the year :)

And when i've got those 2 things sorted, want to start entering some enduro races.
  • 1mancity2
    DodgeT wrote:
    Firstly to keep riding - similar to mancity, our little 'un is due on monday... In preparation for the time off, i've ordered everything to build a carbon 456 up as a mess around / change from the enduro.

Then, want to get fitter !

Also want to progress my drops / jumps. Started doing them about 8 - 9 months ago. Want to be able to do the full Gisburn downhill run (bar the big fooka in the middle) by the end of the year :)

And when i've got those 2 things sorted, want to start entering some enduro races.

Its easy! honest it really is.
  • DodgeT
    Might be, doesn't stop it scaring the fook out of me though :)
  • 1mancity2
    DodgeT wrote:
    Might be, doesn't stop it scaring the fook out of me though :)

Positive thinking, I can do it and you will, mental attitude, or is that just mental!
  • Ghostt
    1mancity2 wrote:
    Tail whip or Moto whip?
    Moto for now, then work on a few others. Would be nice to get a superman seat grab in at some point!
    1mancity2 wrote:

Reminds me of my trip to the Czech Republic that does :twisted:
  • 1mancity2
    Ghostt wrote:
    1mancity2 wrote:
    Tail whip or Moto whip?
    Moto for now, then work on a few others. Would be nice to get a superman seat grab in at some point!
    1mancity2 wrote:

Reminds me of my trip to the Czech Republic that does :twisted:

Turn your bars 90, the rest just follows
  • To nail the 100km Lord of the Loops ride in the Dark Peak MTB guide
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    ghost what k nolly are you after building up....??

cool i'l come over to the alps to teach felix all my bad habits..
  • Ghostt
    delcol wrote:
    She's a 2010 Endorphin, picking it up on Wednesday (fingers crossed) Ano black, toying with an all black build.
    I know they had a few problems around that time, think there was a batch of Deleriums with the swing arm welded on wonky or some such.

Link: http://old2009.knollybikes.com/bikes/endorphin (It's the '09 site, but the frame didn't change until this year)
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    South Downs Way... my house to Eastbourne. So 10 miles up to Cocking via Kingley Vale, then another 60 odd to Eastbourne and back on the train. I'm going to pick a summer day when the weather is good and there's a W or SW wind :D

And some skills! Don't really have any... definitely need some.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    yeah knolly did have some problems with their us frame builder which lead to them pulling their contract with them and moving out to aisia.
    i was looking at the new chilcotin but they kept on changing the dates on production due to problems with them breaking. the protoypes that is...

our kid has a delirium t.. and got the new delerirum last year that had shonky rearend and the seat tube was adrift and had to be warrenty replaced but due to the problems with their us frame builder they could not replace the frame and offered him a different frame or a refund he got his money back...

i just hope with them switching production out to aisia it sorts the problems they had out.. knolly are a decent brand with decent bikes...
  • SPARTdAN
    SPARTdAN Posts: 26
    Just got back into mountain biking since when I was a kid and only did stuff around local woodlands.

Going to hit up wales brecons with a mate and check out the dales. I need to get some new forks before that but decent 29er forks seem to be so expensive right now.

I bought a Giant Talon 29er 2, warning sticker on the front suspension not to use for DH, how do you think it'd hold up, would they break if I wasn't jumping?!
  • DodgeT
    SPARTdAN wrote:
    Just got back into mountain biking since when I was a kid and only did stuff around local woodlands.

Going to hit up wales brecons with a mate and check out the dales. I need to get some new forks before that but decent 29er forks seem to be so expensive right now.

I bought a Giant Talon 29er 2, warning sticker on the front suspension not to use for DH, how do you think it'd hold up, would they break if I wasn't jumping?!

Don't think you'd kill yourself. They'll be fine. Wont be the best of forks of course, but they'll get you up/down the hills.
  • kevsgsi
    kevsgsi Posts: 19
    Im planning on riding the canal from Reading to Bristol but i've only been back on a mtb for maybe a month so a bit more taining to do yet
  • SUPERSUTT
    SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
    John O Groats to Invergordon. The company i work for are doin a charity bike ride from John O Groats to Portsmouth in ten sections i asked to do the first section from John O Groats to Invergordon 113 miles
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    I want to carry on getting fitter and explore as much as I can.
    I'm now 12 months back in the saddle(on?) and the difference is amazing. I'm loving it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xkRSuAP ... ata_player

20 seconds in, I used to push up that hill, now I cruise up in the big ring 8) I am bordering on becoming a legend.

Seriously though, I want many miles this summer.
    Papa? Nicole
  • felix.london
    delcol wrote:

cool i'l come over to the alps to teach felix all my bad habits..

Sounds good to me. If I can replace my bad habits with yours that would be a good start

Trek Session 8
  • Get out on the bikes more often, go further, faster, find more local trails. Lose more weight!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    miss notax wrote:
    I seem to have a summer of riding challenges....

Snowdon the last weekend in April
    Mountain Mayhem in June
    Mega in July

I have no expectations of doing any of these in a good time / stylishly - the challenge for me is actually DOING them rather than beating anyone else!

And then nothing after that (recovering :lol: )! I'll probably do some more xc races as we move into the autumn / winter and I would like to better my last results, but that's a rather half-hearted ambition!!

Well, we managed Snowdon on Saturday - I hope my other two 'challenges' run as smoothly!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc