Just upped my average for 20 miles

Comments

• Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    You see it all the time on this MB the OP is talking about ABC then some lamo goes off at a tangent I be more worried about XYZ! :!:

Get a life Lamo's keep on the subject!

How many more times I'm not freaking interested on your lame unfounded fears of cycling on a feaking duel carriageway

Frick off and get a fricking life!

what an extraordinarily offensive, loud-mouthed yob you are. Get yourself down to Castle Combe and enter a 3/4 event with your awesome speed. You need to be taken down a peg or two...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Not wishing to take sides in your game but in the interests of fairness, which is surely is one of the definitions of a civilized society, check back to the point where he became offensive, I think you will find the reason why.

Disclaimer: Please don't think that just because I took the trouble to type this that I wish to be invited to join in. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    team47b wrote:
    Not wishing to take sides in your game but in the interests of fairness, which is surely is one of the definitions of a civilized society, check back to the point where he became offensive, I think you will find the reason why.

Disclaimer: Please don't think that just because I took the trouble to type this that I wish to be invited to join in. :D

and in the interest of fairness, you've also done your fair bit of stirring it.
    I am actually concerned for the lad (as much as you can be on a forum) , if he is as young as he comes across.. rural dual carriageways , going on his location , tend to be mini motorways and you only need to do some light searching to read of horrific incidents involving cyclists... that's all
  • BobScarle
    BobScarle Posts: 282
    I think it is probably fair to say that dual carridgeways are avoided by most cyclists wherever possible. Personally, I do not like riding on them as I do not feel comfortable. I am much happier riding around country lanes. However, if you are happy to ride there then so be it.

As far as average speeds are concerned, great, keep testing yourself and keep trying to improve. The problem is, that they are meaningless to everybody else unless they are riding the same course at the same time, ie a time trial.

If it will make you feel better, congratulations on your ride and your average speed. You certainly beat me as my best average this year is some 4mph slower than yours.
  • Pseudonym
    I think if he really is 14, then his username is just plain wrong.... ;)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    JGSI wrote:
    team47b wrote:

and in the interest of fairness, you've also done your fair bit of stirring it.
    I am actually concerned for the lad (as much as you can be on a forum) , if he is as young as he comes across.. rural dual carriageways , going on his location , tend to be mini motorways and you only need to do some light searching to read of horrific incidents involving cyclists... that's all

Sorry for the confusion, but to clarify I said "check back to the point where he became offensive, I think you will find the reason why" - I was the reason why!

I was taking responsibility for initiating the whole debacle by pointing out to him how negative you were being.

Carry on... :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Pseudonym wrote:
    I think if he really is 14, then his username is just plain wrong.... ;)

His username may be the reason for his aggression :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Birdlip hill in Glous 2 miles long 16%
    Hills are generally judged by their average gradient. But then maybe I shouldn't mention averages... :D

Too early to blame Wiggle?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204

As far a DC.s being damgerous your more likely to get knocked off your bike in a town!
    there is only one outcome in an accident on a dual carriageway. most deaths i hear are on dual carriageways. do you drive?
  • ineedalager
    ineedalager Posts: 374
    Yarda Yarda Yarda :roll:
  • ineedalager
    edited April 2012
    Yawn! :!:

I nearly got knocked off my bike last week after returning from my ride through the country side on the B roads ( for you Retards who think I only ride DCs) and I had to ride through my town to get to the other side ( for the retard that thinks I only ride in the town) I was on a mini roundabout and some fool on a scooter pulls on from the left heading straight at me! Lucky for me the blind B*****d saw me and stopped not a DC in site anywhere!

Now for all you lamo's who want to debate DCs go and start your own thread and call it I'm a pussy and I'm scared to tide my bike on a DC
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Welcome back, i was out riding and saw someone going up and down a DC tied to the back of a car dragging him along. I clocked his average speed at 22mph. Was it you???
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Yawn! :!:

I nearly got knocked off my bike last week after returning from my ride through the country side on the B roads ( for you Retards who think I only ride DCs) and I had to ride through my town yo get o the other side ( for the retard that thinks I only ride in the town) I was on a mini roundabout and some fool on a scooter pulls on from the left heading straight at me! Lucky for me the blind B*****d saw me and stopped not a DC in site anywhere!

Now for all you lamo's who want to debate DCs go and start your own thread and call it I'm a pussy and I'm scared to tide my bike on a DC
    So much anger. For an old boy you have got to calm down!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    From the same loony bin as thebigbee by the sounds of it.
  • Pseudonym
    it's like having a performing monkey....
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I see his spelling and grammar is no better, he must be putting all his effort into improving his average speed. :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    file.php?40,file=22180,filename=DontFeedTheTroll.jpg
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • ineedalager
    All the same lamos! Yawn
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    All the same lamos! Yawn
    I don't want to get pulled into this - but I really can't stop myself from commenting.

The main issue seems to be that you have found a section of road that gives you a very good average speed. While this maybe good for you, the figures on their own are meaningless if you were hoping for someone to comment and say 'great well done'. For all anyone on this forum knows, the DC could be undulating, very undulating, downhill, uphill etc

There are so many factors that impact 'average speed', from the weather (wind, rain etc), road conditions (tarmac, traffic), assent or decent etc.

The reason why there is such a reaction to your post, is that by quoting (possibly) inflated average speeds (as it's likely these are 'best conditions'), when I'm sure most Beginners are more around the 15mph mark for a 'normal ride'. But these Beginners who are averaging 15mph over normal terrain, which in fairness could be pretty hilly, and might actually be faster than you in the same conditions.. hence why it does come across as 'bragging' a little.

I really don't understand the DC obsession.. you appear to live in Wiltshire, so have lovely countryside all around you, but seem to choose hammering in it down a DC while cars and lorries fill your lungs full of carbon monoxide.

Do yourself a favour, find some lovely loops that avoid all the main roads and allow you to cycle (most of the time) in peace and quiet. And for when you want to find out your progress, either pitch up at Castle Combe for a bit of TTing (there is no need to enter a race - see: http://www.chippenhamwheelers.org/page/ ... be-circuit).
    And if you want to track your own progress better (or even compare to others), buy yourself a cheap GPS, Android/iPhone etc and register with Strava (http://www.strava.com)
    Simon
  • ineedalager
    edited April 2012
    All the same lamos! Yawn
    I don't want to get pulled into this - but I really can't stop myself from commenting.

The main issue seems to be that you have found a section of road that gives you a very good average speed. While this maybe good for you, the figures on their own are meaningless if you were hoping for someone to comment and say 'great well done'. For all anyone on this forum knows, the DC could be undulating, very undulating, downhill, uphill etc

There are so many factors that impact 'average speed', from the weather (wind, rain etc), road conditions (tarmac, traffic), assent or decent etc.

The reason why there is such a reaction to your post, is that by quoting (possibly) inflated average speeds (as it's likely these are 'best conditions'), when I'm sure most Beginners are more around the 15mph mark for a 'normal ride'. But these Beginners who are averaging 15mph over normal terrain, which in fairness could be pretty hilly, and might actually be faster than you in the same conditions.. hence why it does come across as 'bragging' a little.

I really don't understand the DC obsession.. you appear to live in Wiltshire, so have lovely countryside all around you, but seem to choose hammering in it down a DC while cars and lorries fill your lungs full of carbon monoxide.

Do yourself a favour, find some lovely loops that avoid all the main roads and allow you to cycle (most of the time) in peace and quiet. And for when you want to find out your progress, either pitch up at Castle Combe for a bit of TTing (there is no need to enter a race - see: http://www.chippenhamwheelers.org/page/ ... be-circuit).
    And if you want to track your own progress better (or even compare to others), buy yourself a cheap GPS, Android/iPhone etc and register with Strava (http://www.strava.com)

Here we go again read the fricking post I tried this twice in 6 months I'm not fricking obessed with DC's I only ride on them when I have to and other than these 2 I ride hilly routes the hillier the better.

It seems most of the new lamos who join the trail of crap about DCs have a inlaid fear of them!

It was a flat ride 20 mile read the whole post before your pass judgenmnet and for your info I do a hilly 20 mile loop which includes 968ft of climbing a 16% 0.8 of a mile hill another 1 mile easier hill at an average 18,7mph on there I go again bragging!

I found out from my club the hill I ride they use it in a hill climb event Salthrop hill just south of M4 J16 it's a killer hill and never gets any easier desipte the fact that I ride it 3 rimes and week and do hill reps on it! I put my hilly rout in to Bikehike and if some one can tell me how to poast a Bike hike file on here i'll do it.

For any other lamo's who are too lazy to read the whole thread and just want to obsess about DC I ride hilly country routes almosts all the time 100 miles a week. If you read the whole thing I said this before many times!

If you think a begginer who rides at 15mph avg can suddlenly manage 21mph for 20 miles if the conditions are better your sadly mistaken!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    What bike did you do this 20mph average on?

I see you are selling this: http://bit.ly/HtUVb6

Think the saddle needs to move forward a tad and needs a couple more spacers under the stem

Good luck with the sail.
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    ShutUpLegs wrote:

Think the saddle needs to move forward a tad and needs a couple more spacers under the stem

Good luck with the sail.

Looks a nice quiet bike their, must have been de-louded already.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    ShutUpLegs wrote:

Good luck with the sale.

:)

I heard the world champ banding got put on by UCI after the latest DC run.
  • ineedalager
    Lamo losers with nothing better to do!

Shutuplegs shutupface would be more like it complete loser!
  • ShutUpLegs
    Lamo losers with nothing better to do!

Shutuplegs shutupface would be more like it complete loser!

What new carbon racer have you pulled the trigger on INAL?
  • ineedalager
    andy46 wrote:
    I was pretty happy with myself last night for upping my average to 15.8 mph on a regular route of mine, seems like I've got a long way to go to get near some of you guys. :oops:

I was riding quicker than that on my Boardman Hybrid! :lol:
    I could do that on my MTB spell checker !:lol:
    Now I see why you need to take the piss out of my spelling cause your riding so slowly! :lol:
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    andy46 wrote:
    I was pretty happy with myself last night for upping my average to 15.8 mph on a regular route of mine, seems like I've got a long way to go to get near some of you guys. :oops:

Now I see why you need to take the wee-wee out of my spelling cause your riding so slowly! :lol:
    You are a classy fellow. I bet your mother is never disappointed that she went through the pain of childbirth to produce you...
  • ShutUpLegs
    I put my hilly rout in to Bikehike and if some one can tell me how to poast a Bike hike file on here i'll do it.

So after all this, you actually have no method of accurately recording your cycling times and distances?
  • andy46 wrote:

Now I see why you need to take the wee-wee out of my spelling cause your riding so slowly! :lol:

I could do your 18.7 average on my mtb, big deal! :P
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
This discussion has been closed.