Just upped my average for 20 miles

Comments

• My posts about what avg I've acheived are not here as a boost. I'm acheiving things I thought were imposssible for someone as old and unfit as I was.I still consider myself to b a beginner to road cycling only started in Oct 2011. But I had over 3 years on a MTB & Boardman Hybrid. I thought all road bikers were cycling around at 25mph didn't think I was riding fast enough to get a road bike. Turns out I was doing 17mph avg on my hybrid before I switched to the road bike so bit of a head start really.

My posts are meant as encouragemant to other newbs you don't have to be a 20 something and a superift athlete it just takes time rideing your bike to go quicker on it taclkle those hills there still hard work. Even when I was MTBing I tackled a couple of steep road hills on ny way to the Ridgeway or I didn't feel likeI done anything.

So what do I do if I go quicker not tell anyone incase I'm going to fast and i might offend someone! I going to go on try to improve my fittness and most of all my endurance and maybe I might throw a rack on my Hybrid and go touring. I wanna do a 100 miles I want to ride to the nearest coast resort and back 140 miles I wanna take on bigger climbs so loads to do!

The hater are all in my foe's list so I don't even have to see their negative crap!

Its not negative crap, its just stuff you dont want to hear, and yes if everyone made a thread about going a little bit quicker there would be 1000 pages of them. Didnt take me long to start hitting averages of 20, I didnt write a book about it.
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • ineedalager
    ineedalager Posts: 374
    That's the beauty of the foe button I can't even see the haters lastest post!
    lamo!
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    That's the beauty of the foe button I can't even see the haters lastest post!
    lamo!
    Stop being a douche.

Someone said 20mph average on a 20 mile course that has a good surface, is flat and straight was no big achievement. They are right, this not a reason to start a thread.

You also received a friendly warning from someone experienced about riding on dual carriageways and have taken that badly too...
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    Dual Carriageways give some wicked draught from the passing cars, it can be like a tail wind in both directions. Still a silly place to cycle if you can avoid it though.
  • ineedalager
    edited April 2012
    Oh I need your permission when to start a thread now do I! Jesus fricking Christ if you don't want to read the thread Push off!

Friendly condescending more like what a dick. I've driving longer than most of you were born I don't need some idiot telling me it's dangerous to ride a bike on a DC anyone who thinks it is might sa well give up riding, The same lamo thinks average mphs are pointless.

What is the easiest way to see if I riding slower or faster oh yeah look at the average!
    Funny thing is I think 21.1 avg for 20 miles is pretty good for a beginner and you have a pro rider who been laid off think it not so he he spends his time hating up peoples threads who are just trying to improve themselves.

I ask how I improve in the training section most you get it's no point unless your racing average speeds are pointless then I get the same 2 lamo's posting over here!

You don't get a draft from cars on a DC funny thing was it was ahead wind on way
  • Oh I need your permission when to start a thread now do I! Jesus fricking christ if you don't wanna read the thread Push off!

Feindly condisending more like what a dick. I've driving longer than most of you were born I don't need some idiot telling me it's dangerous to ride a bike on a DC anyone who thinks it is might aswell give up rideing, The same lamo thinks average mphs are pointless.

What is the easest way to see if I rideing slower or faster oh yeh look at the average!
    Funny thing is I think 21.1 avg for 20 miles is pretty good for a beginner and you have a pro rider who been laid off think it not so he he spends his time hateing up poeples threads who are just trying to improve themselves.

I ask how I improve in the training setion most you get it's no point unless your racing average speeds are pointless thenI get the same 2 lamo's posting over here!

You don't get a draft from cars on a DC fuuny thing was it was ahead wind on way!

Ofcourse you get a draft from passing vehicles on a D/C, I like the way that anyone saying something you disagree with is instantly on the ignore list. And if your happy with your average then fine, most people dont want to hear about your bragging.

Im fairly sure you said in an earlier post, correct me if I am wrong but you said you have been cycling in some form for a few years, at what point do you cease to be a beginner?
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    your wasting your time, Ben - the guy is a tool.
  • millymoose
    millymoose Posts: 117
    There have been some arses on here but this guy takes the prize!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Never mind average speed, try working on your spelling :wink:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    team47b wrote:
    I'm impressed by your 73 mile pootle! :D

I'm more impressed with his rushing home to the internet to tell everyone :roll:
  • ineedalager
    millymoose wrote:
    There have been some arses on here but this guy takes the prize!

Yeah there's 4 more on the end of the thread now!

Where a mod to clear all these haters out of the thread it seems more idiots who are interested in spelling and argueing than cycling!
  • ineedalager
    andy46 wrote:

Knobhead! I can spell that!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    andy46 wrote:

Knobhead! I can spell that!

You really are something else, did you have to look that one up?

Instead of being a tw@t on here, get yourself out and improve your average speed some more... I'm sure we all can't wait to hear about it :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • ineedalager
    Hey spell checker loser your already on the ignore list.

Another loser all they wanna do is argue not talk about cycling!
  • BruceG
    BruceG Posts: 347
    Hey spell checker loser your already on the ignore list.

Another loser all they wanna do is argue not talk about cycling!
    If they are all on your ignore list, why do you keep responding to them? Just a query
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I 've just caught up with this thread, as usual bringing up the rear..
    yes you can add me as well please.... I've the d road a few miles away, great to ride on and then get wiped out by some doped up drunken monkey of a Lithuanian truck driver... apologies to Lithuania by the way, there are also other Eastern European nationalities that can wipe you out in the blink of an eye.....
    stay off the bad assed roads and go racing....
    http://tinyurl.com/copv3cv
  • ineedalager
    edited April 2012
    YARDA YARDA YARDA!

Anyone who thinks it's more dangerous on on a DC than in a town knows sh1t about driving!
    Maybe you children should stick to the cyclepaths!
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    If you lasso a car on the dual carriageway you might get your average speed up to 21 mph!!!
  • ShutUpLegs

Anyone who thinks it's more dagerous on on a DC than in a town knows sh1t about driving!

Either substantiate that statement or retract it.
  • millymoose
    He can't - he is just going too fast! What a tool!
  • ineedalager
    edited April 2012
    nathancom wrote:
    If you lasso a car on the dual carriageway you might get your average speed up to 21 mph!!!

Read the thread lamo and you'll see its already above 21mph just another pratt who wants to be a smart arse but is to lazy to read the thread.

This MB is full of lamo's who are not interested in cycling they just wanna argue and hate up the place. stick to your My face and twit ter!

I'm not interested if you think it's dangerous to ride a DC Get a freaking life lamos!
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    sounds like we're all 'lamos' then.......except for you, obviously.
  • millymoose
    I'm going to 'rada' the thread - that may help!
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Anyone who thinks it's more dagerous on on a DC than in a town knows sh1t about driving!

But surely the difference is that being hit by a car etc in town gives the cyclist some chance of surviving the impact. Being hit on a DC by vehicles travelling in excess of 50mph is often fatal, hence the reason why many cyclists will try to avoid such roads - witness a number of recent tragedies in the world of DC TTs.

Whilst fatal accidents involving cyclists occur in all sorts of places, I would think that the proportion of fatalities on DCs is far greater than that for cyclists riding in towns.

Add me to your list :wink:

By the way - well done on the average although nothing to rave about given the course that you were riding.
  • ineedalager
    edited April 2012
    nochekmate wrote:

But surely the difference is that being hit by a car etc in town gives the cyclist some chance of surviving the impact. Being hit on a DC by vehicles travelling in excess of 50mph is often fatal, hence the reason why many cyclists will try to avoid such roads - witness a number of recent tragedies in the world of DC TTs.

Whilst fatal accidents involving cyclists occur in all sorts of places, I would think that the proportion of fatalities on DCs is far greater than that for cyclists riding in towns.

By the way - well done on the average although nothing to rave about given the course that you were riding.

You couldn't be farther from the truth if you tried. more people die on bikes in London every year than all the DC's in the country put together!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... recessions

http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/advicea ... gures.aspx

60% commuting in towns, 75% in towns or urbans areas! at junctions! I can't see a DC mentioned in any figures sounds more like towns and country roads are the worse places!

You are more likely to die under the wheels of a car or lorry in a town because they don't know your there, on a DC he can see you from a 100 yards away it's just common sense!

Now if I lasso you do think you might be able to keep up 22mph for more than 500 yards!
  • ineedalager
    edited April 2012
    You see it all the time on this MB the OP is talking about ABC then some lamo goes off at a tangent I be more worried about XYZ! :!:

Get a life Lamo's keep on the subject!

How many more times I'm not freaking interested on your lame unfounded fears of cycling on a freaking duel carriageway

Frick off and get a fricking life!
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    Your percentages are entirely predictable because the vast majority of cycle rides are in towns or urban areas. For a complete analysis we'd need to know what proportion of all cycle rides are on DCs, and compare that to the accident/death rate. Of course, not all DCs are the same (some slow, some fast, some encourage inattention from drivers, etc) and the risk probably varies with the time day.
  • nochekmate
    edited April 2012
    nochekmate wrote:

You couldn't be farther from the truth if you tried. more people die on bikes in London every year than all the DC's in the country put together!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... recessions

http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/advicea ... gures.aspx

60% comuting in towns, 75% in towns or urbans areas! at junctions! I can't see a DC mentioned in any figures sounds more like towns and country roads are the worse places!

You are more likely to die under the wheels of a car or lorry in a town because they don't know your there, on a DC he can see you from a 100 yards away it's just common sense!

Now if I lasso you do think you might be able to keep up 22mph for more than 500 yards!

You have totally missed the key words above - which I have highlighted for you in the hope that my point now makes some sense.

As for your final statement of achieving 22mph for more than 500 yards, the rides below suggests that I would have nothing to fear from your challenge.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/152906908
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/97733718

You will note that neither of them were on a DC either - I think that I could average far in excess of 22mph on the right strip and I am no world beater at nearly 49 years of age!
  • ShutUpLegs
    Frick off and get a fricking life!

How old are you, 14?
  • nochekmate
    If he was 14, his average would be quite impressive :wink:
This discussion has been closed.