Re: Pastey boys Cannondale Prophet (Finished again )

Comments

• pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    my new stans factory flow wheelset turned up today they are stans flow rims, ztr 3:30 hubs ,the front is the hd 20mm thru version and the rear will be fitted with 10mm thru adapters. spokes are black dt's with dt ally nips. they came with tape and valves pre-fitted which is a nice touch. also just bought a brand new fox rp2 rear shock which will save nearly 300 grams over the marzocchi roco tst r shock , the roco will go back on the azonic frame i took it off. when the new wheels ,tyres and shock are fitted i will have saved close to 2lbs off the bikes overall weight.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    here she is with new wheels, a pair of graphite nobby nics i had lying about and the new fox rp2 shock. bike is now much lighter although the tyres are on probation as i cant make my mind up.
    CIMG0002-10.jpg
    CIMG0003-9.jpg
    CIMG0006-10.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    It was looking great, but I think the graphite tyres have ruined it. Get some black ones!

Apart from that, it looks like a very nice build and suprisingly un-pasteyboy like.
  • pastey_boy
    leaflite wrote:
    It was looking great, but I think the graphite tyres have ruined it. Get some black ones!

Apart from that, it looks like a very nice build and suprisingly un-pasteyboy like.
    im in full agreement with the tyres, but i had to try. i have lots of pairs of tubeless tyres to chose from, will probably stick some ust rocket ron 2.25's on unless it carries on raining then i can put some ust nobby nics on. with any luck i will see how the new fox shock rides tomorrow, if its not as nice as the roco i will switch it over again. i needed a new shock for the azonic anyhows so either way im not bothered.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Nice work indeed Pastey.Love the paintjob.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • pastey_boy
    made a few small changes, after a ride around rivington on sunday i decided that the graphite coloured nobby nics are sheeeiiite so i have stuck a pair of tubeless mountain kings on that i found hiding in the shed, also got rid of the hope stem and replaced it with an easton ea70 as it looked out of place after i had removed other red components. the rp2 shock performed great in both modes and the lever is really easy to reach.the whole bike now looks more subtle and the new wheels feel nice and lively.
    IMAG0438.jpg
    IMAG0437.jpg
    IMAG0436.jpg
    IMAG0435.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Thats looking really nice now buddy, simple and stealthy. Definitely not a standard Pastey bike! ;)
  • pastey_boy
    Thanks for the kind remarks but but in an effort to mature as a person i seem to be losing my inner pasteyness. in an effort to rectify this situation i have added a couple pastey style upgrades to the bike, a pair of 2.25" schwalbe nobby nic tubeless ready tyres and ive put the red hope stem back on as its nice and red and seems to fit more with the red on the tyres. i have now finished messing with this bike and will only ugrade or change due to wear or breakage. this will be my do it all summer steed. my bad back has been responding to treatment and if it carries on improving i fancy another ti hardtail as i totally regret getting rid of the lynskey. i basically have all the bits bar the frame so i will give it a few weeks then start looking.
    CIMG0001-11.jpg
    CIMG0002-11.jpg
    CIMG0006-11.jpg
    CIMG0007-9.jpg
    CIMG0009-12.jpg
    CIMG0010-11.jpg
    CIMG0011-11.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    You said the Nobby Nics were shiite but you`ve now gone back to them......?

Preferred it without the red stem btw.

But it wouldn`t be your without some bling! :wink:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • pastey_boy
    You said the Nobby Nics were shiite but you`ve now gone back to them......?

Preferred it without the red stem btw.

But it wouldn`t be your without some bling! :wink:
    ive used normal black compound nobby nics before and they were great, the graphite coloured ones just dont have any grip when compared. to get the grey colour they must have altered the compound.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    i fancy trying some wider bars than the 711mm carbon havens i have fitted so ive ordered a set of renthal fatbars 780mm 38mm rise along with the matching renthal duo stem. the combination of the stems 10% rise and the bars 38mm rise should put the bars roughly where they are at the moment but the shorter stem will sharpen up the steering. if i find 780mm too long i can trim them a bit at a time until i find the ideal length. after a wet ride around rivington yesterday i can confirm that the blk/red nobby nics feel like a totally different tyre to the graphite version i recently tried, i didnt loose traction once compared to the graphites ability to feel like slicks on black ice. ive also ordered a new 1.5 inch red superstar headset as the nukeproof one fitted is making some rubbish noises, i did buy it second hand but it seemed ok when i fitted it.
    duo.jpg
    fat.jpg
    Tapertech-Reducer.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    edited July 2012
    here she is with the renthal cockpit fitted, bars are very very wide but i will see how they handle later on. stem is a nice piece of kit and feels very stiff for its weight. still waiting on the headset. ive put the roco shock back on whilst i try to figure out which shock feels nicer with this frame.
    CIMG00012-2.jpg
    CIMG00022-1.jpg
    CIMG0003-10.jpg
    CIMG0004-10.jpg
    CIMG0005-10.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • WebbyM3
    WebbyM3 Posts: 56
    Still looking tasteful, whats going on? ;)
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    as ever, a nice bike! :)
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • pastey_boy
    Due to old age im going back to a 2x10 set up as i need a granny to get me up the steeper hills. as with the back shifting the front will run through a sram doubletap trigger shifter, the front mech will be a shimano e-type bb mounted xtr m985 double ring specific model. inner ring will be a red blackspire super pro 26t and the middle will be a red blackspire super pro 34t the bash will be a hope 34t gunmetal guard. the red superstar headset is fitted and i have changed the charge knife saddle for a normal black with red lettering charge spoon, the knife has moved to my ti hardtail. as for the shock i have settled on the new fox rp2. also gonna chop the fat bars from 780 to 740mm. will post pics when bits arrive and are fitted.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    due to buying parts for my hardtail, i have some parts left over so im having a change of plan with the prophet. instead of the 2x10 sram set up im going for a 2x10 shimano setup. the m780 10 spd shifters from my hardtail will be fitted along with the new xt shadow plus rear mech and the dual specific xtr front mech mentioned previously. the hope bash and black spire rings landed today so i might do a bit of bike building tonight.
    xtrfp.jpg
    xtsp2.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Nice dale there buddy
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378
  • pastey_boy
    changing the prophet from a 1x10 set up to a 2 x 10 set up was not as easy as i thought it would be but with lots of patience, money and grinding im very happy with the end result. first problem was the front mech, the prophet can only take a bb mount e-type mech so i purchased the latest xtr dual specific model. when fitted the mount plate fouled both the swing arm pivot and the inner ring, so with a little grinding i managed to remove enough material from the mounting plate without ruining the integrity of it. second problem were the shifters i had been using ie the sram doubletap flat bar shifters, the rear shifter works superbly but the front will only pull enough cable to move a road mech so it would not work with my mtb f/mech so i either run an odd front shifter such as an x0 or xx or go for different shifters altogether. in the end i decided to try the new sram x0 10 spd gripshifters. just finished fitting them and i have to say they are awesome, they work perfectly with the xx rear and xtr front mechs and the action is very smooth and light. for chainrings i fitted a steel deore 24t granny and a 36t blackspire pro along with a gunmetal hope bashguard. now i can get out on it and not be scared of hills anymore. will post pics tomorrow when light.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    Here she is with her 2 x 10 conversion and other bits. Cant wait to get her dirty at the weekend.
    20120913_164333.jpg
    20120913_164345.jpg
    20120913_164354.jpg
    20120913_164404.jpg
    20120913_164413.jpg
    20120913_164422.jpg
    20120913_164431.jpg
    20120913_164437.jpg
    20120913_164449.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    The current wheels are going on my Ti HT so in their place I have a brand spanking new pair of 2008 Crossmax SX's which I got off ebay for a ridiculous £139 inc postage complete with skewers, adapters spoke tools and tubeless accessories. With the wheels being a nice matt grey colour they should suit the bike nicely. For the tyres I will fit some 2.25" UST Rocket Rons as i find them grippier than the Nobby Nics fitted The Rons also have much thicker sidewalls.
    Pics when fitted.
    15770.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Blimey that is a good deal! But grey? Pics on bike!
  • pastey_boy
    Blimey that is a good deal! But grey? Pics on bike!
    Fitting them tomorrow. The SX's were known for having a slightly dodgy bushing in the freehub but I can swap the nylon bush for a ceramic bearing, it's only £26 for the ceramic upgrade and that includes 2 ceramic bearings for the freehub body which should make the mechanism pretty much bullet proof. I'm also going to get a full ceramic bearing kit for both wheels, again the full kit costs less than £30 from the same guy. As for the grey colour, it should go with the bike.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • £30 for ceramic bearings! blimey that epicly cheap.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • pastey_boy
    sanchez89 wrote:
    £30 for ceramic bearings! blimey that epicly cheap.
    Some bloke on Ebay in the states http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TheHubDoctor?_ ... 7675.l2563
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • nice post i was very impressed with transformation of the bike looks very very good page 1-5 had me glued to the screen i could not wait to see the next picture of the bike :shock:
  • pastey_boy
    nice post i was very impressed with transformation of the bike looks very very good page 1-5 had me glued to the screen i could not wait to see the next picture of the bike :shock:
    I've got the new wheels on and in my opinion they look rather lovely and seem to suit the bike perfectly, I will get some pics before it goes dark.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • This is inspiring me to get mine stripped and powder coated. I thought about candy apple green but, I'm unsure now. I like the yellow on it but if it was all yellow I think it would look bland then.
  • pastey_boy
    wowtaylor wrote:
    This is inspiring me to get mine stripped and powder coated. I thought about candy apple green but, I'm unsure now. I like the yellow on it but if it was all yellow I think it would look bland then.
    Candy apple green would look awesome , The decal set on mine is available for a tenner, I reckon white graphics with black outline would look good. You have also got to think if all your existing components would go with the new colours.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy
    Here she is with her new wheels and tyres. The Stans flow wheels have gone to my titanium hardtail, I have stripped the original Stans decals and fitted custom silver and black ones, pic to follow.
    20121223_134925.jpg
    20121223_134940.jpg
    20121223_135000.jpg
    20121223_135013.jpg
    20121223_135048.jpg
    20121223_135102.jpg
    20121223_135125.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Does this have normal quick release for the back wheel?