State of play here

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Anyway, just nipping over to cake stop to release my inner scumbag perverse misogynist :-D

Going to have to do better than that to beat us cake stoppers.

You're a grown man right? Don't you think it's a little sad to see it as "us" in communting trying the "beat" "you" (and others) in cake stop.

You should be going away now. Look in the mirror, reflect on this.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Anyway, just nipping over to cake stop to release my inner scumbag perverse misogynist :-D

Going to have to do better than that to beat us cake stoppers. Have a look in Cake Stop, I dare you. I think you'll find threads such as these interesting to read.

Your cake stop needs YOU!! http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12839835
    Girls in commuting forums http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12840011

And my personal favourite,

The ultimate PC picture thread http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12839870

Oh don't worry, I'm a regular visitor to cake stop, I was having a dig at some of the OTT all men are perverts comments on 'those' threads. I tend to wander about wherever I like on here, I had no idea the us & them was so entrencehed on ALL sides, its all very silly.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

Going to have to do better than that to beat us cake stoppers.

You're a grown man right? Don't you think it's a little sad to see it as "us" in communting trying the "beat" "you" (and others) in cake stop.

You should be going away now. Look in the mirror, reflect on this.

Er DDD didnt you start all this?

At least with the LFGSS wars of 2009 it was actually interesting
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    Sssshhhhhhh I'm winning! :lol::wink:

Re. The LFGSS war, that was more intersting because we rode around in actual fear of being actually D-locked.. :lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sssshhhhhhh I'm winning! :lol::wink:

Re. The LFGSS war, that was more intersting because we rode around in actual fear of being actually D-locked.. :lol:

Yeh good work, have a look at what you might have done over at GiLS they'll be queuing up to add you too their xmas card lists.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    Power of the question. It is more potent than Awesome.

If one question, not even directly related, can cause this much discussion and potential for change then IMO there is validity in asking.
    Food Chain number = 4

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:

If one question, not even directly related, can cause this much discussion and potential for change then IMO there is validity in asking.
    Pretty poor form to gloat over a perceived victory for a principle you only really pay lip service to, DDD.

Classy.

ಠ_ಠ
  • DonDaddyD
    The post you are quoting is not an example of me gloating, it is me stating an opinion and personal view.

The post prior to that was joke.

For clarity.
    Food Chain number = 4

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Pretty poor form to gloat over a perceived victory for a principle you only really pay lip service to, DDD.

Classy.

ಠ_ಠ
    Easy fella, it's only Monday morning, you'll peak too soon.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • notsoblue
    dhope wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Classy.

ಠ_ಠ
    Easy fella, it's only Monday morning, you'll peak too soon.
    :lol:

No time for too much activity on here today, so I just thought I'd get a snipe in ;)

Seriously though, it irks me that DDD seems to feel validated by how the Girl's In "scandal" turned out. I'm no defender of the threads in question, but its a bit sanctimonious.

It irks me in the way that only someone being wrong on the internet can!
  • DonDaddyD
    notsoblue wrote:
    Seriously though, it irks me that DDD seems to feel validated by how the Girl's In "scandal" turned out. I'm no defender of the threads in question, but its a bit sanctimonious.

It irks me in the way that only someone being wrong on the internet can!
    To be honest it really isn't necessary for you to so publicly announce your personal opinion of another user. It's comments of a personal nature like thee above that lead to confrontation.

Also my comment about validity was in reference to the validity of asking the question and not my own personal sense of feeling validated.
    Food Chain number = 4

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    and we're back to square 1...

in other news king kong mated with godzilla, the baby Zillaking is to be shown soon as they've signed a deal with Hello...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • notsoblue
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    To be honest it really isn't necessary for you to so publicly announce your personal opinion of another user. It's comments of a personal nature like thee above that lead to confrontation.
    Thats a fair point. But you do put yourself out there, you should expect some negative feedback. Ignoring would be the best thing to do but I'd hate to think that silence would imply tacit agreement.
  • DonDaddyD
    You are right I do put myself out there and I do anticipate that there will be those who agree and disagree with what I've written. There will also be those who simply do not care.

In your case, how about attacking the argument not the man?

There was nothing in my post about my personally feeling validated, the reference of validity was in relation to the actual question. And I'm telling you that is what I meant.

But most importantly Strava
    Food Chain number = 4

• notsoblue
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You are right I do put myself out there and I do anticipate that there will be those who agree and disagree with what I've written. There will also be those who simply do not care.

In your case, how about attacking the argument not the man?

There was nothing in my post about my personally feeling validated, the reference of validity was in relation to the actual question. And I'm telling you that is what I meant.

I'm not really attacking you, I don't know you. On a forum I can only ever really criticise something you've said, not you personally. Unless you know someone outside of this forum, all they are is their posts here.

For the record, I get the impression you're quite a pleasant chap and would definitely enjoy a pint at the morpeth with you. But I still think you're being less than magnanimous after a debate in which you were pretty sanctimonious... :P
  • Don't see anything wrong here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJt8klnGPtk
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Lovely Weather!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,362
    So if DDD is Hammond, does that make NSB May or Clarkson :twisted:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • notsoblue
    rjsterry wrote:
    I think in this case it would make me some guy in the audience, heckling. :P
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I went for my advanced health assesment today.

As an added bonus I had a 25 year old shave my chest to attach the ECG electrodes. Imagine her shock and dismay and my delight.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Greg T wrote:

As an added bonus I had a 25 year old shave my chest to attach the ECG electrodes. Imagine her shock and dismay and my delight.
    Is that some sort of perk?

... add your own jokes here ...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,362
    Pics or... on second thoughts, I'm just about to get some lunch.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • MonkeyMonster
    notsoblue wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

If you let your hair grow it'd be curly so clarkson it is.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    JonGinge wrote:
    Is that some sort of perk?

Part of my package.

arf
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • notsoblue
    edited March 2012
    notsoblue wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

b801183d49d9a7a5491df449d78bceb3.png
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    notsoblue wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Given that I've been rather *ahem*, vocal, in the threads in question, I'm bagsying being Corina, the blonde bolshy German that whups their asses on the Nurburgring....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    After a bike crash years ago I had to have head xrays. To position my head for one of the shots the pretty young radiolagist had to kneel between my legs as I sat in a chair and reach up to my face.

I developed bone-itis.

She noticed

It was the only shot that didn't come out properly and had to be re-taken :lol:
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • MonkeyMonster
    notsoblue wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

b801183d49d9a7a5491df449d78bceb3.png

you mad bro?
  • Greg T wrote:

This much delight?
    19340d1232890055-bald-spot-my-leg-shaved-cat.jpg
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    That is massively inappropriate as it promotes crulety to animals.
    Food Chain number = 4