Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne -*Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Didn't he win that hilly pre-season stage last year in the pouring rain? Uphill finish too?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    Pross wrote:
    For me that's more impressive, especially coming from him.

Being dropped on the Poggio and coming back on Hincape's wheel is one thing - staying near the front on Vlaamse Hellingen is something else.

What's more impressive is Greipel attacking on a climb. Two years ago he couldn't get over a speed bump without being dropped.

And what is yet more interesting is that Greipel attacked on a climb when in other other race where Cav was NOT there, you would expect him to be desperatly trying to engineer a bunch sprint...

There is an aspect of "Sky can only race against the teams that are there" about this as well. No one else made an exciting move, so the race was boring.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    ^^^ Absolutely, if you have the guy likely to win 9 out of 10 sprints then really the other teams need to find tactics to ensure it's not a straight forward sprint. Sky did what they needed to do, others needed to make the race interesting. If they couldn't then Sky did what they needed to :)
  • kbk12-ttt.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    This is nt a comic strip Frenchie, what's your point? Are you suggesting that sky should not ride so that its more interesting, or are you posting articles without reading them again?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    This is nt a comic strip Frenchie, what's your point? Are you suggesting that sky should not ride so that its more interesting, or are you posting articles without reading them again?

I was about to reply but it isnt worth it. All I want to say on this run of the mill topic I have said above.

If I come across an interesting photo or article related to the thread I will post, its not complicated.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,558
    dougzz wrote:
    ^^^ Absolutely, if you have the guy likely to win 9 out of 10 sprints then really the other teams need to find tactics to ensure it's not a straight forward sprint. Sky did what they needed to do, others needed to make the race interesting. If they couldn't then Sky did what they needed to :)

In a nutshell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    It's almost a great marketing photo for Sky, but the WC is entirely blocked form view apart from two blurred arms and a leg! :D
    - @ddraver
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    How about this one?

423515_10150659115659873_194104484872_9118899_1025933303_n.jpg