20 Feckin Niners!....

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    edited February 2012
    Did you read my post?

Apologies - you edited that in afterwards, missed it!

Now... correct me if I'm wrong, but the sudden movement was the issue there, not the toe overlap. Had the toe overlap caused the issue you'd not have been able to get the wheel to 90 degrees in the first place - that being the whole point, it would have gone to about 15 degrees and hit your foot.

Actually, more toe overlap would probably have stopped that happening! Potentially caused other issues, but even so...
    I know, I have eyes, I can read.... Does that mean that there should be no content other than 29'ers?

Why shouldn't there be!? It's 29er month, not "half 29er month". If you don't like the content don't look!
  • njee20 wrote:

Now... correct me if I'm wrong, but the sudden movement was the issue there, not the toe overlap. Had the toe overlap caused the issue you'd not have been able to get the wheel to 90 degrees in the first place - that being the whole point, it would have gone to about 15 degrees and hit your foot.

Actually, more toe overlap would probably have stopped that happening! Potentially caused other issues, but even so...
    I know, I have eyes, I can read.... Does that mean that there should be no content other than 29'ers?

Why shouldn't there be!? It's 29er month, not "half 29er month". If you don't like the content don't look!

I didn't read the content becuase it bores me and is of no interest, BUT I was looking at passing my lunchtime with something to read about 'Other' than 29'ers!.... Jeeeezzzzz
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Pilch, has it arrived yet?

Yes! came yesterday, cant start the build till next week though as i'm on the laaaaaaash this weekend, hopefully be done for WS4
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • njee20
    I didn't read the content becuase it bores me and is of no interest, BUT I was looking at passing my lunchtime with something to read about 'Other' than 29'ers!.... Jeeeezzzzz

There are other websites out there than BM! Targeting a specific website when they are having a specific month devoted to a type of bike you're not interested in is pretty stupid.

Are you gonna start a rant because Road.cc had too many skinny tyres!?
  • njee20 wrote:

There are other websites out there than BM! Targeting a specific website when they are having a specific month devoted to a type of bike you're not interested in is pretty stupid.

Did you not read my earlier posts about Pinkbike, BikeMagic, Bike Radar, Dirt etc.... I didn't care to write them all out and I wasn't 'targeting' BM, I was using it as an example.... And you are clearly the stupid one for not reading my question (not rant) in the first place....

Why do you feel to then say if I'm going to start a rant on something completely irrelevant?... What is it with you self obsessed retards that feel you need to twist everything into a negative?

Why can you not just offer valued opinion on what the question was rather than a stupid flippant comment on something taken out of context?.... How old are you?.... Does it make you feel better by being so smug with your rather lame attempts at sarcasm?....
  • njee20
    I wasn't 'targeting' BM, I was using it as an example

But surely that's an invalid example because they were actively promoting the very content you wish to avoid?

Take BR - the most recent 10 MTBs reviewed:

- Camber 29er
    - Anthem 29er
    - GT Sensor
    - Charge Duster
    - Cotic BFe
    - Ragey 74
    - Whippet
    - Genesis iO
    - Mongoose Slayton
    - Giant XTC 29er

That's three 29ers. Hardly global domination!

Edit: and of those 3 there's one carbon hardtail, one entry level 'trail' FS and one more expensive one, so it's a nice diverse range. 2 of the bikes are Alfine equipped, why are you not enraged by that? HUB GEARS. AAAAH.
    Why can you not just offer valued opinion on what the question was rather than a stupid flippant comment on something taken out of context?.... How old are you?.... Does it make you feel better by being so smug with your rather lame attempts at sarcasm?....

Is it not you taking things out of context? I'm 25. I do enjoy a bit of smugness yes thanks!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    njee20 wrote:

Do they make you take a nap after lunch?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Neal_
    Neal_ Posts: 477
    Neal_ wrote:
    Go to Bikemagic.com, see the articles.... There is nothing on 26" wheels, it's all 29'ers, surely as a reader of such a site, I am entitled to read about items that interest me as much as a 29'er rider?... I don't read the articles.... Simples.... My beef is that it's all about 29'ers....

It's Bikemagic’s month of 29ers you plonker :lol:

It was an example... Try Dirt, MBR, What MTB etc... They are all the same...

Pretty much yes, I would expect all 29er content from a website during their month of 29er promotion.

Also congratulations on learning how to quote properly :wink:

Pro Tip: Don't criticize people for making personal attacks and name calling then go on to call them retards :roll:
    ...Why is it that idiots like you start arguements and personally attack people on forums? Are you that insecure that you need to turn a bike question into a name calling session?....
    ... What is it with you self obsessed retards that feel you need to twist everything into a negative?....
  • larryb
    larryb Posts: 78
    So easy to judge... Just because I'm new to the forum and haven't got my head round it or been bothered to get my head round it...

How can you make a sweeping statement about someone being a moron of any kind after 6 hours and 7 post's or are you the leader of this on-line forum and like belittling people because you've been around for a while?....

The first 'original' post was a question....It wasn't a rant....

But well done you...

The problem is not your quoting skills. That was merley pointed out. Think the issues are else where...
    Canyon Nerve XC 7.0 Deep Black Ano - Silver, Rock Shox Reverb.
  • larryb
    Neal_ wrote:
    Go to Bikemagic.com, see the articles.... There is nothing on 26" wheels, it's all 29'ers, surely as a reader of such a site, I am entitled to read about items that interest me as much as a 29'er rider?... I don't read the articles.... Simples.... My beef is that it's all about 29'ers....

It's Bikemagic’s month of 29ers you plonker :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • larryb
    njee20 wrote:

Did you not read my earlier posts about Pinkbike, BikeMagic, Bike Radar, Dirt etc.... I didn't care to write them all out and I wasn't 'targeting' BM, I was using it as an example.... And you are clearly the stupid one for not reading my question (not rant) in the first place....

Why do you feel to then say if I'm going to start a rant on something completely irrelevant?... What is it with you self obsessed retards that feel you need to twist everything into a negative?

Says the most negative argumentative man on here!
  • IBISMojoHDamon
    IBISMojoHDamon Posts: 330
    edited February 2012
    I'm quite surprised how another person into the same sport can be so targeted and focused on items such as quotes, and personal attacks on a fellow rider rather than just sticking to an opinion on the question asked...

I know the expression that 'opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one' but this whole thread has gone from a expression of the state of the market to an attack on plastic (read carbon) bikes, whether I am a moron, whether I use the quoting function correctly, whether I take a nap after lunch or whatever pathetic attempts of humour you lot come up with.

There have been some very valid points for both for and against 29'ers but ruined by some people that have taken a question and turned it into an attack on a new member to a mountain bike forum.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying but I do feel pity and sadness for the ones that have nothing pertinent or valid to say other than by being condescending and patronising... But I guess you didn't have the education on 'If you have nothing nice to say, not to say anything at all'...

The retard comment was out of frustration of the personal attacks... I shall attempt to act my age... and not stoop to the levels of the minority of posters on this forum.
  • larryb wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

Says the most negative argumentative man on here!

How is this 'A negative arguement'?.... It's a question....

'Is it me or is this 29'er thing getting rammed down our throats?'
  • njee20
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying but I do feel pity and sadness for the ones that have nothing pertinent or valid to say other than by being condescending and patronising... But I guess you didn't have the education on 'If you have nothing nice to say, not to say anything at all'...

You attacked me, and I've been contributing positively to this thread.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    'If you have nothing nice to say, not to say anything at all'...

Err.....if you've got nothing nice to say about 29ers and the content of mags, then don't say anything at all.

How does that work for you?
    :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • IBISMojoHDamon
    IBISMojoHDamon Posts: 330
    edited February 2012
    bails87 wrote:

Err.....if you've got nothing nice to say about 29ers and the content of mags, then don't say anything at all.

For crying out loud.... I've got nothing against 29'ers!..... It's the marketing and ramming home 29'er content in magazine's and on-line content that I have an issue with....
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Blimey
  • bails87
    bails87 wrote:

For crying out loud.... I've got nothing against 29'ers!..... It's the marketing and ramming home 29'er content in magazine's and on-line content that I have an issue with....
    Right, so if you've got nothing nice to say about 29ers and the content of mags, then don't say anything at all.
    MTB/CX

• bails87 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

Right, so if you've got nothing nice to say about 29ers and the content of mags, then don't say anything at all.

Freedom of speech, unless I am told or advised otherwise, is still allowed by UK Government so is freedom of expression... If you don't like my question, opinion, expression of frustration... Don't comment on 'my thread'....

It's the amount of content in multiple forms of output and delivery also which has led to my frustration, not JUST with magazines, if it was just with magazines, I would just ignore them and not buy them...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yet the magazines ignore them and the other camp posts about it... Fact is 29ers are about, and they are going to get reviewed, features on them etc etc. Same way one month it may be XC bikes, or DH bikes etc.
  • supersonic wrote:
    Yet the magazines ignore them and the other camp posts about it... Fact is 29ers are about, and they are going to get reviewed, features on them etc etc. Same way one month it may be XC bikes, or DH bikes etc.

I'm cool with that.... My question stemmed from frustration at going to all the usual on-line and paper based content and it being ALL about 29'ers.

I understand why people would want a 29'er, I understand why magazines and on-line content is pushing it out but it seems (in my opinion) to be a tsunami of content rather than it being a feature or 'as well as'...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    As they are becoming more mainstream, they tend to get highlighted more. Eventually they will blend into everything else and we'll forget all the hype that was associated with them.

The next thing is 27.5 - with large tyres they can mimic the 29er with more advantages. Hell, even 26 can do this with big enough tyres! But I think that we will see more '69er' type bikes with 29 rear/26 front. This will preserve a lot of the handling people associate with 26, reduce toe overlap and geo bodges, while the 29 rear will smooth things out and a llow a little more of that easy rolling over bumps. I especialy see this with hardtails.
  • njee20
    My question stemmed from frustration at going to all the usual on-line and paper based content and it being ALL about 29'ers.

But as I (among others) have said - that's not really the case. Bike Magic are having a 29er month, and of the last 10 MTBs reviewed on here only 3 were 29ers, and they were a diverse mix of bikes anyway.
  • njee20 wrote:
    My question stemmed from frustration at going to all the usual on-line and paper based content and it being ALL about 29'ers.

But as I (among others) have said - that's not really the case. Bike Magic are having a 29er month, and of the last 10 MTBs reviewed on here only 3 were 29ers, and they were a diverse mix of bikes anyway.

Is all you can read 'Bike Magic, Bike Magic, Bike Magic, Bike Magic, Bike Magic'..........

If it was JUST Bike Magic that was doing it, I wouldn't of wasted my time posting in the first place...
  • bails87

Freedom of speech, unless I am told or advised otherwise, is still allowed by UK Government so is freedom of expression... If you don't like my question, opinion, expression of frustration... Don't comment on 'my thread'....

It's the amount of content in multiple forms of output and delivery also which has led to my frustration, not JUST with magazines, if it was just with magazines, I would just ignore them and not buy them...

Hahaha, errrr, it was you who said "If you've got nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all", I was just applying that to your moan about magazine content. :lol:

And FWIW, I've got WMB in front of me, yes, they're testing 4 29er HTs, they're also testing 6 'fast' FS bikes, 3 of which are 29ers. But that's because of the type of bike they're reviewing (XC based, 100mm-120mm sus). If it was an AM/hard hitter review then I doubt there'd be any 29ers. There's also another 4 26" bikes, a feature on Mondraker 26 inch bikes, a small article about Genesis' new range, which includes some 29ers, an Ellsworth Epiphany review(26"), a side review on a 26" Lapierre X Control in the Ride Guide section...and then "The Guide" which is full of 26" bikes, with only a "29er HT" and "29er FS" section catering for bigger wheels.
    MTB/CX

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    supersonic wrote:
    I think that we will see more '69er' type bikes with 29 rear/26 front. This will preserve a lot of the handling people associate with 26, reduce toe overlap and geo bodges, while the 29 rear will smooth things out and a llow a little more of that easy rolling over bumps. I especialy see this with hardtails.

My eyes are hurting just thinking about it.

Sounds like a good idea, just, urgh :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • njee20
    If it was JUST Bike Magic that was doing it, I wouldn't of wasted my time posting in the first place...

How are you not getting this? BR aren't, WMB clearly isn't, I refuse to look at Pink Bike, but I can't imagine they're exclusively doing 29ers given their reader base. Ditto Dirt magazine because of the bikes they cover. Bike Rumor are covering both etc etc
  • bails87 wrote:

Hahaha, errrr, it was you who said "If you've got nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all", I was just applying that to your moan about magazine content. :lol:

And FWIW, I've got WMB in front of me, yes, they're testing 4 29er HTs, they're also testing 6 'fast' FS bikes, 3 of which are 29ers. But that's because of the type of bike they're reviewing (XC based, 100mm-120mm sus). If it was an AM/hard hitter review then I doubt there'd be any 29ers. There's also another 4 26" bikes, a feature on Mondraker 26 inch bikes, a small article about Genesis' new range, which includes some 29ers, an Ellsworth Epiphany review(26"), a side review on a 26" Lapierre X Control in the Ride Guide section...and then "The Guide" which is full of 26" bikes, with only a "29er HT" and "29er FS" section catering for bigger wheels.

My comment about not saying anything nice was referring to the personal insults, not about my views on 29'er content regardless of delivery.... I was referring to attacks on me, the bike I ride, my lack of awareness on quoting etc...
  • El Zomba
    El Zomba Posts: 164
    So... 29'er Orange Five, anyone?
  • El Zomba wrote:
    So... 29'er Orange Five, anyone?

Or Big wheels N Trace'n'paper as it's known as?... ;0)