Tights are for wimps.

13»

Comments

• Dont know what the problem is! i love wearing tights ! all super heros wear tights!
    My Bikes
    1978 BSA javerlin
    1987 Mike Mullet 531c
    2008 Giant TCR
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    I'm more of a stockings man myself...now where's Gizmodo's old avatar when you need to prove a point?
  • RonB wrote:
    I'm more of a stockings man myself...now where's Gizmodo's old avatar when you need to prove a point?

His new Avatar is sh*t, Sorry Gizmodo, but you have let everybody down... :(
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    RonB wrote:
    His new Avatar is sh*t, Sorry Gizmodo, but you have let everybody down... :(

That sounds like a challenge - time to surf the net :twisted:
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    New avatar - rah2501 won't like that!!!
  • pdstsp wrote:
    New avatar - rah2501 won't like that!!!

Yeah, obviously a branded bike!
  • sturmey wrote:
    I can't understand why so many cyclists at this time of year,typically the 'club cyclist'' types, insist on wearing long trousers or tights as they call tem. I don't even own a pair of these horrible things and wear shorts all year round on the bike yet never feel the cold even in minus 4 deg. Thinking of a reason foir this perhaps it is because I have a fast metabolism or maybe that I carry a bit of my own 'insulation' and have a diet rich in iron- I drink four cans of Guiness every night and curries and pork pies are my favourite food so maybe this has something to do with it? Anyway I wear shorts for five a side football so there is nothing wrong in my mind with wearing them on the bike at 7am on my 4 mile commute.

P'raps the rest of you need to mtfu.
    no your just an idiot :)

my metabolism is fast also but i wear bib tights, my guess is you have more then one stomach? have fun thawing your bollocks out over a fire :P
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    :lol::lol:
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    LOL - straight to the point!! ^^
  • 0838_blk_rear.jpg

Sometimes it's okay to say no!
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    I had two pairs on today. What does that make me?
  • Pretty damn warm i reckon!
  • neilo23
    Yeah, but that's all I had on ;-)
  • a weirdo! :P you didn't tell us what you were doing while wearing them lol. :D
    north west of england.
  • neilo23
    a weirdo! :P you didn't tell us what you were doing while wearing them lol. :D

I was outside on the street with something five foot long and stiff between my legs :D
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Aggieboy wrote:
    So, this 'marital arts background' you come from. Are you a mate of Aggieboy or Cleat?

I know, I know, I really shouldn't but the temptation is too much.

Don't drag me into this. I don't associate with self proclaimed "wimps" and liars..............
    sturmey wrote:
    I have done around 2000 miles in a pair of Northwave padded longs-but now a hole has worn through in the seat and the stitching in that area has completely worn away.

Is this a normal lifespan for these garments or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

(I have never slid down the road in them and my saddle is smooth as a baby's bottom )

Epic, just epic...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • I was riding over towards Macclesfield this morning ((about 2.0 c) and I came across a group of riders who had ridden about an hour or so from the other side of East Manchester and one of them was in shorts
    He was telling me how welcome I would be with them :roll:
    I had 4 layers on top and tights
  • neilo23 wrote:
    a weirdo! :P you didn't tell us what you were doing while wearing them lol. :D

I was outside on the street with something five foot long and stiff between my legs :D
    that could be a number of things! LOL
    north west of england.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    An ironing board?

Weirdo :D
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    So to summarise, Neilo23 is admitting to straddling an ironing board in the street wearing nothing but 2 pairs of his wife's tights. Now that's what I call extreme ironing. :wink:
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Been wearing them under my jeans all winter. Long J's. What's wrong with that...
  • neilo23
    Gizmodo wrote:
    So to summarise, Neilo23 is admitting to straddling an ironing board in the street wearing nothing but 2 pairs of his wife's tights. Now that's what I call extreme ironing. :wink:

Don't laugh. I'm single at the moment and have to suffer the embarrassment of putting my dirty mac on and going into Marks and Sparks to buy my own tights. I always get strange looks. Maybe I should leave the ironing board at home (or at least carry it with my hands instead of between my thighs).