Coffee

13»

Comments

• Love the Lake District beers. Is Jennings not a Cockermouth brewery IIRC. My favourite from that way is 'Red Crag' or something like that. Like a few in the Kirkstone Pass after a taxing day on the eastern fells.

Sneck Lifter and Crag Rat are recommended.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    London-Red wrote:
    Coniston Bluebird is another favourite, but a bit weak. A nice breakfast beer :)

One of the best beer pubs in the Lakes is the Watermill in Ings, between Kendal and Windermere. Downside is that it's a bit of a food pub and usnt in the hills, but it has a micro brewery and about 15 draft beers on as standard. All quality stuff.

A couple of good recommendations there London-Red.

I've often stopped at the Watermill on my way back from cycling and climbing trips in the Lakes.

When I was climbing as a young'un it would be chips at the Ship chip shop in Amblesdie followed by the Golden Rule. Much prefer the Watermill though.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Glad someone else has fessed up to liking instant coffee

I drink instant as well as "real" coffee. I just see them as different drinks, as I see tea as different from cocoa. I'm a bit fussy about instants though; I don't like Necafé's basic one, but I find Alta Rica pretty good. Had a decent Douwe Egbert's instant as well, but I can't recall what it was.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Starbucks Via is the best of the 'instant' coffees, a bit expensive though. Only buy it for wild camping as brings the weight down.

I do like Douwe Egberts though, if only for the containers which make good air-tightish food storage jars.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Origin Coffee (www.origincoffee.co.uk/)down in Cornwall do some interesting blends. They also run a service where you can have a different type sent to you each month. Nice as a gift, but a bit expensive.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Treated the wife to a really good Brazillian over the weekend......

........afterwards she was desperate for a coffee :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Treated the wife to a really good Brazillian over the weekend......

........afterwards she was desperate for a coffee :wink:

rim-shot-johnny-utah.jpg