Tour of Qatar

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    fish156 wrote:
    Cav wins a stage and there's barely a ripple in BikeRadar.

I dare say we've become blasé about what's an exceptional talent.

It's only Qatar.

More surprisingly, there's been little comment on Andy Fenn's impressive double in Spain.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    fish156 wrote:

My scientific analysis during last years Tour showed that Cavendish victories tend to generate less posts than other people winning. Or Cavendish losing in what should be a sure fire win.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Text book from Cav and great work from Eisel just before the kick to find some room. Farrar is in a good position but gets baulked a little but goes backwards at a rate of knots - not good after all the work Garmin did. Degenkolb looking fast but doesn't find a good line. Boonen and Steegmans made their efforts perfectly but Cav is just too good.
    Video of the last few minutes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDeClt3VYW4
  • RichN95 wrote:
    More surprisingly, there's been little comment on Andy Fenn's impressive double in Spain.
    Great news about Fenn. Who knows what his calendar is like for Spring?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Text book from Cav and great work from Eisel just before the kick to find some room. Farrar is in a good position but gets baulked a little but goes backwards at a rate of knots - not good after all the work Garmin did. Degenkolb looking fast but doesn't find a good line. Boonen and Steegmans made their efforts perfectly but Cav is just too good.
    Video of the last few minutes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDeClt3VYW4

For a sprinter, Farrar does nt seem to win that often does he.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    RichN95 wrote:
    fish156 wrote:

It's only Qatar.

Not a fan of the early season races.....

The podium girls are not scantily clad enough
    cartoon.jpg
  • Still no spectators at the race but there were ostriches, echelons an a good sprint finish.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    iainf72 wrote:
    fish156 wrote:

My scientific analysis during last years Tour showed that Cavendish victories tend to generate less posts than other people winning. Or Cavendish losing in what should be a sure fire win.

:lol:
  • rick_chasey
    Qatar is basically glorified training.

I only pay attention to it since a) I'm desperate, b) Boonen does well in it and c) Qatar is a reasonable indicator on how he'll do for the rest of the classics season (i.e. if he wins it overall he'll probably be there or there abouts come April)
  • durhamwasp wrote:
    Renshaw's sprint was fast as owt, but from totally too far back...

Dd I also spot some use of the head on his way through?!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    b) Boonen looks fit in it

FTFY :wink:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Qatar is basically glorified training.
    Only 19 days until Omloop Het Nieuwsblad :D
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Thrilled for The Man of course, but Renshaw must be at least a little disappointed.

You'd think Tommeke could at least have pretended in the last metres that he was trying. He just sat up when he caught a glimpse of Cav going past.
  • rick_chasey
    Tusher wrote:
    Thrilled for The Man of course, but Renshaw must be at least a little disappointed.

You'd think Tommeke could at least have pretended in the last metres that he was trying. He just sat up when he caught a glimpse of Cav going past.

He's never been a good loser...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

A good loser is still a loser.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:

A good loser is still a loser.

I imagine that's his philosophy too.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    I assume the peloton split to pieces in the crosswind as there can't be more than 40 odd in the leading bunch in the last 5km. Sky and Garmin did well to get so many riders in the lead group. Surprised the other teams didn't force Sky to lead out though, they seemed to play right into Cav's hands.
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:
    I assume the peloton split to pieces in the crosswind as there can't be more than 40 odd in the leading bunch in the last 5km. Sky and Garmin did well to get so many riders in the lead group. Surprised the other teams didn't force Sky to lead out though, they seemed to play right into Cav's hands.
    Oui.

I think Cavendish did a good job of looking f*cked.
  • Boonan and the Barracuda boys have blown out Cav.
    He's stuck in the 2nd, larger echelon which is struggling to close a 20" gap.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    Boonan and the Barracuda boys have blown out Cav.
    He's stuck in the 2nd, larger echelon which is struggling to close a 20" gap.

35 secs now.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    How many KM's to go?
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • 8kms.
    Looks like Sky have gone with..................Eisel? :?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • durhamwasp
    Boonen and Farrar both in the breakaway group then? What about Liquigas, have they got anybody in today?
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • rick_chasey
    Pwnage. :D
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Tom Boonen is on fire at the moment! Great to see :)
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    proper racing that..
    cartoon.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    Group split up again in the wind (they were doing laps)

3QS guys, Cancellara and a another guy left.

Canc goes very early, Boonen responses,another guy guy tries to follow but Boonen out sprints enough that there's no-one else on the photo.
  • durhamwasp
    Top 10/20?
  • Top ten split by 36 seconds!! Nice job Veelers.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Top ten split by 36 seconds!! Nice job Veelers.

You'd have thought more than one Dutchie would do well when the wind picks up....