Cold, dry, week ahead

13»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    snow here now but very light looks unlikely to really settle and the temp has risen to a balmy +1.5C
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Snowing here but it doesn't seem to be lying.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Mild here - but raining. Volagi is pretty much ready for its inaugural ride though I'm happy to let this rain wash the salt off the road

Presumably you have a camera, and you obviously have internet access.

You know the rues...
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    davis wrote:
    You know the rues...
    I rue not getting a CX bike with disc brakes.
  • itboffin
    Veronese68 wrote:
    davis wrote:
    You know the rues...

Amateur oh and when you do dont forget the ice tyres :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I went out into the centre and back today early, all except my toes kept warm, I don't think any combination of shoes socks and overshoes would have kept them warm, was glad to get back in the end against the easterly wind on the way back and defrost
  • davis wrote:
    Mild here - but raining. Volagi is pretty much ready for its inaugural ride though I'm happy to let this rain wash the salt off the road

Presumably you have a camera, and you obviously have internet access.

You know the rues...

"Make 'em laugh. Make 'em cry. But, most of all, make 'em wait!" :wink:

Actually, it's one drawback of the iPad is that uploading pics to my site is difficult. Will get on the desktop shortly and post some outdoor pics.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    davis wrote:
    You know the rues...

I know where a CX bike with a set of ice tyres on spare wheels is available... :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • suzyb wrote:
    Snowing here but it doesn't seem to be lying.

honestly?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    davis wrote:
    You know the rues...

I know where a CX bike with a set of ice tyres on spare wheels is available... :wink:

:lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Probably in my size too. It would be easier to justify buying a new wheel, forks and a disc brake set up than to explain buying another bike and selling the old one to cover it.
    In other news, snowing here now. Settling already with a temp of -1 or -2. I was too warm to put my head out the door and check more closely.
  • Bloody cold again today. The temperature plummeted last night. As I was leaving the office it was 5C and by the time I got home (a very short while afterwards, obviously, even on the MTB :wink: ) it was freezing (as was I) My ears, I've discovered, are finely tuned to 0C and start to sting at that temperature.

Fortunately (given it's -6C), I needed to take the car today (not least of all because the MTB wheel hub needs fixing by the LBS - and would have dragged horribly in these conditions anyway - PoS)
  • How are our road bike riders doing in Manchester?

I'm worried about my 7 mile commute and haven't been out yet. There is snow pockets on the road and obviously some ice.

Do I need to MTFU or wait it out? I'd rather not come off and injure myself being manly and all! :wink:
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Bits of ice on the quieter roads round here, I was glad I had my Marathon Winters on. I've been fine on Gatorskins until now, but was very grateful to have the spikes, for the first time.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    You can't see 50 yards this morning around the office the fog is so thick.
  • Bloody hell - where did this wind come from? The trouble with cold & dry (or the good thing) is that it's nice and still. Warmed up slightly this morning (if you can call 2.5C warm) but wind gusts of 30mph. Having to lean the MTB into the crosswinds and was missing the drops on the headwinds.