Most underrated crisps?

13»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,169
    How do so many people think Mini Cheddars are crisps? They're plainly not. They are closer to being savoury biscuits than crisps!
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Pross wrote:
    How do so many people think Mini Cheddars are crisps? They're plainly not. They are closer to being savoury biscuits than crisps!

Dunno why this error crops up so often. Go to the supermarket and where do the full-sized Cheddars live? Yup, in the savoury biscuits aisle with the TUC crackers, Ryvita, Biscuits for Cheese, etc.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    "Beef" Flavour.....urrrgh!

Thank God it is really hard to find any crisps with that flavour. Some years ago, I was very surprised but more disturbed, when a friend challenged me to smell a packet. He had that look on his face of "you will feel ashamed when you admit what the smell is like" . The smell is nothing like the taste (of artificial beef) but is of spunk !! :oops:
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Pross wrote:

Dunno why this error crops up so often. Go to the supermarket and where do the full-sized Cheddars live? Yup, in the savoury biscuits aisle with the TUC crackers, Ryvita, Biscuits for Cheese, etc.

David

+1 not a crisp. Still a snack but not crisps! Schoolboy error!

Beef flavour Monster Munch - so good...
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Can't remember the name, but something like:
    Transformer Snack - Spicy.

Was 10p, I think they're 20p now.
    exercise.png
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I was looking for a pic of Fangs and Bones and found this lot as well.

2339189934_eff7db3c3d.jpg
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684

Tons of nostalgia in that photo....I certain remember Football Crazy - one of those snacks (like Wotsits and Chipsticks) that seemed to cling to your teeth forever!

And tomato flavour Snaps - they were a huge favourite of mine when I was small. Anyone know if they still exist?

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399

Tons of nostalgia in that photo....I certain remember Football Crazy - one of those snacks (like Wotsits and Chipsticks) that seemed to cling to your teeth forever!

And tomato flavour Snaps - they were a huge favourite of mine when I was small. Anyone know if they still exist?

David

I was just talking to my wife about them and remembering how spicy they were,a quick search found them on Amazon but i don't fancy a box of 30
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023

David

I was just talking to my wife about them and remembering how spicy they were,a quick search found them on Amazon but i don't fancy a box of 30

You don't have to eat all 30 in one go ;) I suspect the health police would have got hold of them anyway and removed all the tasty stuff that you remember.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Best crisps ever were Tudor Gammon ( pity that lifts out of order done in a geordie accent). :mrgreen:

that lift won't be working no more - they're pulling the Rocket down

Curry crisps for me, ate in the club on a thursday night playing doms, could smell them on your fingers until saturday. I'm knockin
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    If I can't count Scampi Fries then it's Seabrooks salt & vinegar for me please.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    One more for Seabrook's, although I'm going for the cheese and onion flavour - not full of chemistry kit crap but not poncey either.

Brannigan's are the crisp gods though. Like sex, only with crisps.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433

Whooaaaaa! takes me back this little lot!!!!!

My favourites are on the bottom row as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kev77 wrote:

My local garage sell SNAP's & Space Raiders ahh fond childhood memories
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    cheese-and-onion_lrg.jpg
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    kris1293 wrote:
    kev77 wrote:

My local garage sell SNAP's & Space Raiders ahh fond childhood memories

Ta for this my Fav`s were "Rancheros" on the bottom row - OxO flavour as well bring back the late 70`s :D
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    monster munch pickled onion, awesome!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    Years ago I was rather partial to Brannigans Beef & Mustard in their faux paperbag packaging - then they were gone, only to be rediscovered when I started working in the arse end of Kent recently, got an empty packet in my bin and a full one on my desk right now as it happens :D
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    My GF got me a whole box of Spicy Tomato Snaps (30 packets) for Valentine's Day! ...I hadnt seen them in, god knows, 20 years... probably havent been looking, someone had said they'd seen them on Amazon. The bags were a slight disappointment as nowadays the bags are foil jobs, not the old school plastic ones that you only seem to see on dead cheap crisps nowadays.

Anyway, they taste the same!!!
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    AndyF16 wrote:
    Years ago I was rather partial to Brannigans Beef & Mustard in their faux paperbag packaging - then they were gone, only to be rediscovered when I started working in the ars* end of Kent recently, got an empty packet in my bin and a full one on my desk right now as it happens :D

Did you get them in Ashford? If so, where did you get them?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I remember checking out Walkers crisps to see if they were vegetarian, all the meat flavour ones were veggie, only the cheese and onion ones were not vegetarian! (cheese made with animal rennet - stomach lining of pre-weaned dead animal)

Favourite flavour - Marmite!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Brannigans (now owned by McCoys) Beef and Mustard have a good kick to them and the Nandos crisps are nice and spicy.

My faves however have to be walkers sensations sweet chilli. Whilst not crisps and more maize based snacks, scampi fries rock my world!!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    andyparker wrote:
    Brannigans (now owned by McCoys) Beef and Mustard have a good kick to them and the Nandos crisps are nice and spicy.

My faves however have to be walkers sensations sweet chilli. Whilst not crisps and more maize based snacks, scampi fries rock my world!!

60-minutes-need-to-get-out-.jpg
  • andyparker wrote:
    Brannigans (now owned by McCoys) Beef and Mustard have a good kick to them and the Nandos crisps are nice and spicy.

60-minutes-need-to-get-out-.jpg

Lol I appreciate the work you've gone to there! :D
  • Has anyone seen these smiths mystery crisps - you have to guess the flavour and can win 50 grand. Its a meaty one - I'm going for emu.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.