13»

Comments

• On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    I always spot girls panties on remote roads
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Yossie wrote:
    Dude, seriously - if things are that hard that you have to eat rice pudding that you find at the side of the road just pm me your address and I'll sling you a fiver to get you through the week.

Many thanks for the offer Yossie, but free food just tastes better somehow :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    A good Hi vis jacket so far this week.
    bagpuss
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Giraffoto wrote:
    What's the deal with the odd shoes? Are people driving with one foot out the window? Do you know of anyone who's come back home with just one shoe on? "Dash and bother, must have dropped the other one somewhere on the road. Again."

They all come from the office of deposition.
    bagpuss
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    natrix wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    Dude, seriously - if things are that hard that you have to eat rice pudding that you find at the side of the road just pm me your address and I'll sling you a fiver to get you through the week.

Many thanks for the offer Yossie, but free food just tastes better somehow :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

So does free sex but you don't catch me shagging passed out tramps at the side of the road.
  • 10 dead rats in about a 50 yard section of road today. None appeared squished. Mass suicide or something more sinister?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Yossie wrote:
    natrix wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

So does free sex but you don't catch me shagging passed out tramps at the side of the road.

Oh, so it wasn't you that I saw the other day then Yossie ? :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    MattC59 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    natrix wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

Oh, so it wasn't you that I saw the other day then Yossie ? :lol:

Oh no, no, no, no, no, no. Not at all, no. That was that other bloke - Yossarian I think he's called. He's well into tramps. Carcasses as well. Nowt like a 2 week old dead elk to get him, err, aroused.

Or so I hear. Allegedly.
  • Wasn't there a blog by a guy who detailed all the meals he'd cooked using roadkill? Or did I imagine hearing that story on the radio once?
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I saw something weird on the A303 (with James May?) and there was a bloke who collected road kill and put it in his pot. I think his wife was a veggy....
  • Some of you may wish until after dinner tonight before reading this!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... t-roadkill
  • cyco2 wrote:
    I went into Blacks to see what it cost. The one I found was blue and grey and the ones in the shop are black. I guess it's a fashion thing. Anyway, the price on it was £260. How can a jacket be so expensive ?
    I don't suppose I'll ever realise the value of it because I have several equally as good for a fiver from charity shops.
    How much did your bike cost? How can you spend that much when you can get one equally as good for fifty quid from Tesco?

Good breathable waterproof fabrics cost a fortune in royalties, usually to Gore, but for some uses there's just no substitute. Climb Mont Blanc in winter with a five quid waterproof, and I'll ride the Etape on a Tesco BSO.
  • Every kind of animal excretia you can think of (indigenous to Britain), dead animals, various bits of clothing mostly gloves or the odd shoe, stuff that's been fly tipped but absolutely nothing of any value, ever.

Must say though the biggest road side find I didn't make was, I'd been out one afternoon a few years ago and ridden down this country lane, not very busy ever only to hear on the local news on my return, that a newborn baby had been found abandond in the ditch on that very road while I'd been out.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.