I haven't had a bad year so far.

5 woolly hats. Washed up really well
1 neck warmer
1 pannier bag
1 wallet with cards and £185 in it
4 gloves
1 camping gaz cooker
1 ladies bicycle

I cannot understand how people lose things so easily. The cooker was in really good condition. The wallet found its way back intact to the owner. Was he happy!!!. The bike was reported to the police 6 weeks ago.
How have you been doing?
...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    edited January 2012
    Rubbish in comparison:

A rear mudguard
    Some bottles discarded during the Tour of Mallorca
    A light rain jacket
    Several lights
  • I found a scrumpled up nudey book. I thought all of that was extinct with the arrival of the internets. But I did lose a wallet with 185£ in erm...somewhere.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    All I come across are dead animals and odd shoes :?
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Or unidentified jumper-type garments that seem too far gone to wash up nicely at all!
  • £1 coin in the middle of the road at a junction in the middle of the countryside.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    I once found a car bumper..
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    random man wrote:
    All I come across are dead animals and odd shoes :?

Found some live animals this morning, badgers are huuge on the road. They look like they'll come off better should a front wheel meet one.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    A tramp. He wasn't happy to be woken.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Is this common? Ive never come accross anything? :(

you should probably try riding a mile behind the local club runs then?

I've personally never seen anything... but the above is probably the way forward?
  • gog555
    gog555 Posts: 63
    Mostly dead things!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    gog555 wrote:
    Mostly dead things!

Yepp, nothing beats the smell of a month old dead badger first thing in the morning.
  • mostly trash 100000000's of plastic bottles and can's , though have found numerous hats on the ski slopes
  • £1 Coin right out in the middle of nowhere otherwise just rubbish
  • Stick8267
    Stick8267 Posts: 154
    My wife.......at least she said I could call her that if I really wanted to.....
  • Not me personally, but two of my friends were cycling home to the village they live in from the local town (Stokesley to Broughton for anyone who knows the area). They cycle past a shoe box, and one of them being a bit of a scrounger, decides to check it out. He picked it up and shook it, deciding there was something pretty heavy inside. Anyway, he opens it up, only to find a turd wrapped in a tea towel.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    A Stanley knife.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Not me personally, but two of my friends were cycling home to the village they live in from the local town (Stokesley to Broughton for anyone who knows the area). They cycle past a shoe box, and one of them being a bit of a scrounger, decides to check it out. He picked it up and shook it, deciding there was something pretty heavy inside. Anyway, he opens it up, only to find a turd wrapped in a tea towel.

Size 9 ?

The older I get, the better I was.

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    loads of spanners,new jump leads,pheasants taken home and eaten,wallets, purse,a car behind the hedge.....steady.....on its side with driver calling for help thankfully unhurt.removed same from said motor vehicle.stuffed toys galore,about 4 bikes seen dumped,
    bagpuss
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The buzzer for my parents' garage door!

I was out with my dad for a steady 40miler - we stopped at 20miles for a back-stretch (he's 58 and my back is dicky!). Dad took his jersey off temporarily, to cool down. Anyway we set off again, 10 miles down the road so 2/3 of ride complete - my dad feels his jersey pocket and exclaims "Bollocks, I don't have the buzzer. Fucksake."

We were doing a loop and considerably closer to home than the suspected resting place of the buzzer so I headed back on my own and luckily it was still there - fell out of his jersey pocket as he took it off/put it back on. £50 replacement cost on those little buggers as well.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Nokia N85, still working
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Nothing. Bah !
  • Don't you feel a bit, well, cheap?

Picking up clothes and washing them?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I have a pair of (apparently) quite expensive binoculars. Handed them in at the cop shop and then claimed them back 6 weeks later when the original owner failed to.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    keef66 wrote:
    I have a pair of (apparently) quite expensive binoculars. Handed them in at the cop shop and then claimed them back 6 weeks later when the original owner failed to.

I saw that one coming.
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    £20 note a few weeks back, straight in back pocket.

Missus found £25 recently, tucked it into the wall next to where she found it, just in case whoever dropped it came looking. :shock:
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    A 2lb Stanley lump hammer. I checked it for blood first before picking it up! It's been very useful in my DIY house restoration :D
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    SheffSimon wrote:
    £20 note a few weeks back, straight in back pocket.

Missus found £25 recently, tucked it into the wall next to where she found it, just in case whoever dropped it came looking. :shock:

Well they do say opposites attract.
  • An iPhone with a cracked screen
    A chain splitter
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    I found a rabbit on friday morning. When I passed it later on in the morning,it was still dead where I left it.. Having....err killed it :(