The truth about getting Fat.

13»

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    3 months on. Stu must be busy studying and telling the NHS they're wrong

:lol:

Either that or crayons have been banned at the special unit.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    stubs wrote:
    3 months on. Stu must be busy studying and telling the NHS they're wrong

:lol:

Either that or crayons have been banned at the special unit.
    Or he ate them!
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    just read the OP's dribble and now I need to hunt him down....I'm never EVER going to get the part of my life back that I spent reading that utter ballsack shpeel!
  • Fatamorgana
    Fatamorgana Posts: 257
    "Hi

my name is stuart, I am a student studying sport science who is in his final year"

Isn't this how AA meetings start?
    Except he then slips from the 1st person to the 3rd person perspective mid-way through his narrative which sort o' suggests Bi-polar disorder or a lack of schooling...
  • OCLV74
    OCLV74 Posts: 53
    I just read this and had to have a laugh, not much else you can do really. The eskimo argument is most amusing, I particularly like the fact he makes no reference to genetic attributes at all, as in they have ate that stuff for many generations and so their bodies are more accustomed to a higher fat diet. d'oh!

On topic, the most important thing for EVERYBODY to realise, is we are all different! So what might work well as a diet for one, might be complete rubbish for others. There is no 'quick' fix, it is all about trying different things and finding out what your body best responds to. When I was in my late teens early twenties, I was madly into weights, but even though I got stronger, for the love of god I couldn't put weight on. After 3 years of struggling I finally found what diet, what rest and what number of reps per set made my body grow.

There are massive amounts of variables between what works and what doesn't, scientists are slowly beginning to realise that genetics have a much bigger impact than was previously thought, particularly in aerobic sports. Yes there are 'general' rules of thumb, but blanket statements are never going to apply to everybody, it's why evolution continues to this day.
    It is written in The Bible, wasps were born from Satan's butthole and must be cleansed with fire, firearms, or vacuum cleaners.
  • SUPERSUTT
    SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
    im confused even more now. Im still trying to get my head around whats good and whats bad and at the same time keeping energy levels up for long rides without putting on weight.

Personally i dont think any one really knows except your own body and it cant tell you without trying diffrent things and seeing the results on a day by day basis
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Disappointed Stu.
  • Spighty
    Spighty Posts: 90
    Wow that was certainly a interesting thread.

I wil throw it in and say I was a fb skater hockey player for 10 years. An had the luxury of a diet trainer at our club. My job was to be bulky as well as fit so at end of the season I woul get on the high protium diet to build up muscle weight and then before season start switch to cardio and carb diet.

I don't know too much about the diets we was given as was quite young. But I do know that I could never keep fitness on a protein diet. Just like the body builder already said.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I'll not be swithing my diet based on this waffle, I'm still alive, I'm still nice and healthy, 6ft, fraction under 12 stone at the moment, doubt anyone could even consider calling me fat at all.

I'll stick with what I think I know, literally right now I'm trying to revise a shitload of nutrition stuff (human and animal because apparently lots of it is similar and to be fair it is past a certain point) for exams and it's fecking horrible, I mean it's properly confusing, x does this, y does that, if x is too high y won't do this but will do this instead, it there's already a problem here then x will do something different... I HATE THIS STUFF! Still a couple of years before I need to be properly competent, until then ignore me. After that ignore me too :lol:
  • Dartster
    Dartster Posts: 56
    I've just read through this whole thread and at the end of it thought...you know what...i'm hungry.....so i'm going down the chippy.

Chips from the chippy always taste better on a friday. Thats the only bit of food advice i'm gonna offer.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231

icedently whilst i was trying to find the video i typed in eat fat and the response was loads of videos with people talking about eating fat to loose weight, it would seem the message is getting out their.

Thats just atkins though isn't it. Trust me its a bad BAD diet to try, yes I lost 2 stone on it but felt utterly crap. I had squirty sh1ts all the time, my pee stunk and I longed for a salad.

Oh and as soon as I went on holiday and ate "normally" I gained 3/4 of a stone in 2 weeks.

Simple way to loose weight:- Eat less and move more.

Shame I cant practice what I preech sometimes.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    icedently whilst i was trying to find the video i typed in eat fat and the response was loads of videos with people talking about eating fat to loose weight, it would seem the message is getting out their.

I think that is the Atkinson diet - which has been slammed by so many professionals as being dangerous.

I am shocked that you do not know the difference between different fats and the Cholesterol - are you really up for an A in your degree - surely this is year one / A level information. Lordy I heard University education was going down the tubes but really! Anyway back to U-Tube with you young man.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Disappointed Stu.
    Come on SuperStu. It's been so long since you graced us with your knowledge.
  • homers_double
    Can I ask a question to those who are obviuosly more knowlegable about nutrition than I.

My body seems to reject food in that I regularly have a fairly loose crap an hour or two after eating, sometimes sooner.

Would A) The fast transition of food from stomach to bowel prevent the body absorbing nutrition meaning it holds onto whatever fats it can and would that make me tubby?

I eat pretty healthy, don't smoke, probably drink more than I should but run around 8-10 mies a week with extremeRadGnar mountainbiking throuwn in the mix.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Post a couple days worth of your diet first.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    Can I ask a question to those who are obviuosly more knowlegable about nutrition than I.

My body seems to reject food in that I regularly have a fairly loose crap an hour or two after eating, sometimes sooner.

Would A) The fast transition of food from stomach to bowel prevent the body absorbing nutrition meaning it holds onto whatever fats it can and would that make me tubby?

I eat pretty healthy, don't smoke, probably drink more than I should but run around 8-10 mies a week with extremeRadGnar mountainbiking throuwn in the mix.

Just as a basic - it take the body about 24 hours to digest food - I doubt your crap relates to what you have just ate. More like things are just moving along.
  • homers_double
    Post a couple days worth of your diet first.

OK, yesterday and today.

Yesterday:-

Breakfast:- weetabix

Lunch:- Tin of soup

Dinner:- Baked seabass fillet with paramasan and stilton on the top, potato wedges and mushy peas.

A few cups of tea, a beer and a few vodka/tonics.

Today:-

Breakfast:- weetabix

Lunch:- Cheese on toast

Dinner:- TBC but as a rarety its a pub tea as its my birthday. (would typically be lean meat ie chicken with salad or vedge.

Drinks, depends how it goes but will involve beer.

Id say my diet was a good one, Mrs.D is pretty anal about eating helathy, hardly ever eat fast food or a chippy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Can't see much wrong with that other that it probably isn't an awful lot for a cyclist.