Beastway series

13»

Comments

• evo3ben
    evo3ben Posts: 552
    We lost 'nicemonkey' for the team race next week, have we got anyone else in mind? and more importantly, are you still doing it lol
  • C0LL0
    C0LL0 Posts: 271
    Yeah Ben I'm still in, we'd better ask around tonight, I know another sport rider who may come next week he'd join us
  • evo3ben
    Well, that was fun :lol: Racing Ralphs definately do not work in them conditions. For some strange reason i found more traction at Hylands and Codham. It was like ice in places! only came off twice though.
    Dry weather as of sunday so hopefully the course will dry out ready for wednesday and it will be a fast race mud free race.

Hopefully we will find someone on wednesday to join but if not then a 3 man team will do. Im sure between the 3 of us we can get a decent result :D Bet there are people out there that will form the best teams they can to go for the win. Only 1 elite racer per team i believe, we could do with one of them lol. Where is Gary Record when you need him!
  • C0LL0
    I used the same tyres for the last 2 weeks, wednesday no grip whatsoever on the wet sections but the week before with more rain, they were good loads of grip available. I too only fell of twice Ben, but was twice every lap boy am I sore at the moment, especially my leg cut to piecs from the bramble bush I fell into.
  • C0LL0
    Team entry form is on Beastway web site ready to print off and fill out
  • Jimboliana
    Jimboliana Posts: 30
    I didn't have much grip but didn't fall off which was a result, hopefully I should be there on Wednesday night, i'll be driving back from Wales. Weather looks good for Wednwsday night woop woop
  • evo3ben
    I have printed off the team entry form. If you both send me you full name and address i can have it filled in ready 8)
  • evo3ben
    And we need a team name.
  • C0LL0
    pm'd you
  • C0LL0
    hydrate well today everyone, it's going to be a hot one tonight
  • evo3ben
    Got your pm mate 8) def gonna be a hot one! Should be a good evening and a sad one as the last Beastway race ever :( I read the history that was well written on the website and you can tell how sad they are about giving it up. If I had the time I would definitely help run the event so it didn't have to stop.

See you all tonight :D
  • C0LL0
    Yeah, will be a sad night, lets hope everyone makes it a night to remember, there must be someone/group/club who will take it over, surely
  • C0LL0
    A great night at the final beastway last night (or was it,news coming soon about the beastways future) very social evening lots of banter and of course fancy dress riders.

But boy was it hot, too hot for me and I let my team (bikeradar) down but at least only the teams top 3 places count, but I had fun anyway.

Look forward to seeing Ben & Jim and future races
  • evo3ben
    Was a good night but as you said, mega hot!! You didnt let anyone down mate was a great effort by all 8) I found it pretty hard going to be honest and didnt help with a sunburnt back from cleaning the car earlier in day (what a dick :roll: ) Didnt feel at my best and my heart rate shows it with maxing out at 171 which is a lot lower than usual.
    Still, good race, some good humour and now looking through the calendar for the next event :D
    Touch wood someone can take the series over as it is a great series.

Look forward to catching up again soon :wink: