Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    So it'll be a big sh!tfight then?

Good job I have no manners.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    iPete wrote:
    I just hope all the eBay c**ts haven't cleared the place out by Friday afternoon.

Yeah but they're doing everyone who can't make it a favour. :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    Hang on.

2 hours?

If I turn up at 10 tomorrow I'll be waiting 2 hours to get in?
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    To be honest I think they restock each day and last year I went on the Saturday around lunch time, got pretty much everything I wanted and didn't have to fight or que for anything and I'm a size M. Friday morning might be the exception, I remember tweets about ques etc. so I'm going after lunch!
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    Hang on.

2 hours?

That's what happened at the last one.

a serious case of small cogs
  • rick_chasey
    :roll:

There's always a catch. *sighs*
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    I am there for the preview and will try and give an indication of stock and prices tomorrow.
  • Hang on.

2 hours?

I turned up at 8am last year (it opens at 9) and there was already a queue of 50 people or so. I got in around 1030. Oof. And I didn't find anything in the boyf's size though there was plenty of girls' stuff available.

I will be going on Saturday or Sunday this year instead.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    bobinski wrote:
    I am there for the preview and will try and give an indication of stock and prices tomorrow.

nice one, I loved the pre-sale the last 2 times, more choice and less carnage
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    A bit cheeky, but if anyone at the pre-sale fancies picking me up a large jersey (either ls or ss - not a red country one - got one), I'll give you the going price plus a beer :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    A bit cheeky, but if anyone at the pre-sale fancies picking me up a large jersey (either ls or ss - not a red country one - got one), I'll give you the going price plus a beer :)

What else will you do for it ....? eh eh! how low will you go ...? :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • keyser__soze
    itboffin, for you, I'd even stretch to substituting the beer for a babycham ;)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    itboffin, for you, I'd even stretch to substituting the beer for a babycham ;)

I cant promise anything but given that i just got a PHAT bonus and not all of it will be spent on a new carbon frame for me commuter bike 8) I might just wiggle my arse up to London on Sat/Sun and fill my wardrobe with yet more still unopened bags of Rapha loveliness :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • keyser__soze
    I'll probably head over there myself tomorrow afternoon but I'm worried everything in normal sizes will have gone by lunch and I can't go at the weekend as the M-i-L is in town.
  • bobinski
    Ok, popped along tonight. Surprised at just how busy it was and at the average age of a Rapha punter. Mostly in their 40's and 50's and I say that being 49 myself.
    At first sight it seemed that there was masses of gear on sale but a quick walk around revealed it was in fact limited to a smallish number of items. If items had apparently sold out in the online sale then they didnt suddenly appear tonight. Also, no merino v kneck baselayers or boxers. Was looking forward to a v kneck too.
    Loads of gloves, all types, £15 upwards to i think £40.
    Team socks at 3 pairs for £10, t shirts also 3 for £10. Leg and arm warmers £15. Merino hats at £15. Some country jerseys, germany, spain, italy at £60, grey, cream and the striped pink and grey and green striped jerseys also at £60. Keyser, i picked up a large white short sleeve for £60 if you want it. I am happy to keep it if you dont. It is the light weight summer one.
    Fair bit of the city wear, especially the merino tops. Absolutely gorgeous.£60 too. Come up a little large so if you are interested in these take time to try them on. There was one single mirror but no changing facilities.
    Lots of bib shorts and 3/4's that seemed to vary in price cheapest being £60 as well.
    There were some Paul Smith tops too and i managed to get a PS city jacket for £60.i should never have tried it on :)

I should say that there were also lots of seconds and faulty items that were about 1/3rd cheaper than the equivalent already reduced sale stock. Lighting is not great and so not too easy to identify where the fault was so be careful.

Anything else? oh yes, lots of female tops, bib shorts especially the cross bibs etc. And also a lot of xxsmall through to small stock and then large through to xx large. Finally, i asked about restocking and was told there was a fair bit to be added.

Hope this helps
  • Thanks Bobinski! That makes me feel a bit better. Finally discovered what I owe in tax so there will be no Rapha buying for me this time around :cry:
  • @bobinski thanks

Defo going this afternoon, prices here are cheaper than anywhere else even their online shop. Now have to decide on what to do with the unopened bags from the last one!
  • rick_chasey
    Well I'm in the queue. Is already as long as the little road is, so roughly 40m or so. No-one looks particularly small/ my size so hopefully it'll be ok.

Ok as I write this the queue is growing and growing...
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    bobinkski wrote:
    Team socks at 3 pairs for £10, t shirts also 3 for £10. Leg and arm warmers £15. Merino hats at £15. Some country jerseys, germany, spain, italy at £60, grey, cream and the striped pink and grey and green striped jerseys also at £60. Keyser, i picked up a large white short sleeve for £60 if you want it. I am happy to keep it if you dont. It is the light weight summer one.
    Fair bit of the city wear, especially the merino tops. Absolutely gorgeous.£60 too. Come up a little large so if you are interested in these take time to try them on. There was one single mirror but no changing facilities.

Seems more expensive than previous sales I've been to. Short sleeve jerseys have always been £30, I wouldn't bother at £60. Merino £40, arm and knee warmers £5-£10.

I've never been to a pre-sale (how do you get invited?), so is it possible that the prices are higher there? I guess we'll find out when the reports come back from today.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Well I'm in the queue. Is already as long as the little road is, so roughly 40m or so. No-one looks particularly small/ my size so hopefully it'll be ok.

Update us on length when you get out please.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Thats a bit personal!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Why am I reading this thread?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Won't be able to get there until tis evening and unlikely to have chance overthe weekend... Rick, any chance you could get me some knee warmers if they have any? Will be able to pick them up on Embankment next week if that's any good?

Cheers

Mat
  • Clever Pun
    jds_1981 wrote:

Update us on length when you get out please.

It'll be shorter than when you go in

in actual answer to the question
    http://instagr.am/p/lD1HY/
    crazy
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jds_1981
    Clever Pun wrote:
    crazy

I thought rapha was supposed to be for trendy people? ;)
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    Today of all days I forgot to pick up my credit card wallet when I left home, so only limited cash on me. May wander over anyway, but I doubt the queues will be shorter at lunch time than they are at the moment and they look not worth the bargains!
  • Clever Pun
    jds_1981 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    crazy

only the full priced kit
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Ian.B wrote:
    Today of all days I forgot to pick up my credit card wallet when I left home, so only limited cash on me. May wander over anyway, but I doubt the queues will be shorter at lunch time than they are at the moment and they look not worth the bargains!

cash is much quicker, the queue to pay with a card is crazy long
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • bobinski
    pete54 wrote:
    bobinkski wrote:

Seems more expensive than previous sales I've been to. Short sleeve jerseys have always been £30, I wouldn't bother at £60. Merino £40, arm and knee warmers £5-£10.

I've never been to a pre-sale (how do you get invited?), so is it possible that the prices are higher there? I guess we'll find out when the reports come back from today.

My first time at a Rapha preview sale so i don't know about past sales and prices.
    There were boxes and boxes of the same jersey say and at the prices i quoted. I assume lots of overstock they want to get rid of in anticipation of new spring/summer ranges.Equally, there were open boxes with samples or seconds or faulty items that were cheaper. X small and x large items sometimes seemed even cheaper too but i am a medium/large so no good for me. Guy i was talking to did get the deep winter bibs in x small for £60. Cheapest i could find was £80 and wasn't convinced they would be better than the dhb roubais that i have and have hardly needed to use this winter.

I wonder if different stock items will make it into the sale as the days go by and just in case i have a pass from Ms B for an early morning trip on sunday.
  • jds_1981
    Clever Pun wrote:
    jds_1981 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    crazy

only the full priced kit

So if I see someone riding along in rapha & they don't look trendy I presume they bought it in the sale or on ebay?
    :)
    FCN 9 || FCN 5