Rapha sale

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
When does this usually start?

Comments

• I think it was end of January last time. Keep an eye on twitter and they'll keep you updated.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I think people tend to start asking about it in mid December
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    http://www.rapha.cc/winter-sample-sale-2012

27-29th Jan.

Going to take a half day Friday and wander over before an evening down brick lane, hopefully it'll be quiet-ish after lunch. Need to nail my wallet to my pockets.

Any chance the price list has leaked again? I'd love to come across some Classic soft shells..
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I went a little mad last time but promised myself this time i'm going to focking lose it £££££££££ :o
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Gonna wander over on friday and see what i can get. Bought a couple of long sleeve jerseys this week as they were quite a discount already.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • iPete wrote:
    I'd love to come across some Classic soft shells..

Really, they get you that excited huh! :D
  • iPete
    I'm a tart for nice gear [at a vastly reduced price], what can I say!
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    May meander down there Friday (late) lunch time, see if there's anything left. Don't want to have to queue for hours to get in in the morning but fear there won't be much left in a size L unless I get in early.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Sweet! I will actually be around for this one. Are bargains really there to be had or will it be just like all the other times when I click on their "sale" items online only to discover that they've knocked 10 quid off their £150 handkerchief set?
  • itboffin
    If it's anything like the summer sale they'll restock each day on most the stuff, Sunday was a breeze no queues or crowds.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I will not go to Rapha sale as nothing will fit and I cannot afford it as I have a cycling trip to Scotland to pay for
    I will not go to Rapha sale as nothing will fit and I cannot afford it as I have a cycling trip to Scotland to pay for
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Sketchley wrote:

So you'll be there on friday then? :lol:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Sketchley wrote:

Yes, but you're going to need fancy new clothes for the cycling trip... And its a sale, you're pretty much saving money, right?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Sketchley wrote:
    But you need gear for the trip. No?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Sketchley wrote:
    I will go to Rapha sale, buy everything in sight and sell it on on ebay/the forums at a profit as I have a cycling trip to Scotland to pay for
    I will go to Rapha sale, buy everything in sight and sell it on on ebay/the forums at a profit as I have a cycling trip to Scotland to pay for

FTFY :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • sketchley
    It's all winter gear and the trips in the summer
    --
    Chris

• Winter gear for a summer trip to Scotland should be ideal...
  • sketchley
    You're not helping.....
    --
    Chris

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Sketchley wrote:
    You're not helping.....

It's no wonder you didn't lose any weight last year - you couldn't afford to and then replace all that Rapha gear :wink: When I lost 2.5 stone, it cost me a bloody fortune in clothes - 4 Boss suits that no longer fitted for starters.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • sketchley
    You can take in old suits, find a tailor costs about £25 to £35 quid. I had my dj taken in last Xmas.
    --
    Chris

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Sketchley wrote:
    You can take in old suits, find a tailor costs about £25 to £35 quid. I had my dj taken in last Xmas.

They didn't just need taking in, they needed a wholesale rebuild. My mum's actually a great amateur tailor (she can build a suit from scratch) and she declared them as needing too much doing. They literally hung off me.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Turns out our office is shutting on the Friday.

Mwahahaha... :)

Then again, I doubt any of you are in competition with the sizes I need.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Turns out our office is shutting on the Friday.

Mwahahaha... :)

Then again, I doubt any of you are in competition with the sizes I need.

Rick,
    Are you a small size and desirous of a pair of effectively new "Shutt" bibs? Got a pair for my partner, but she said the padding was too masculine and has rejected them. £10 posted (recorded) with their bag if you want them; retail is £40.
  • Anyone know if there is decent bike parking at the shop?
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    Anyone know if there is decent bike parking at the shop?

I emailed them about this and they said i could bring my bike in and lean it against a window.
  • itboffin
    bobinski wrote:
    Anyone know if there is decent bike parking at the shop?

I emailed them about this and they said i could bring my bike in and lean it against a window.

tons of bikes there last year inside and out
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    How big are the reductions likely to be?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    enough to make people queue for a couple of hours before flogging it on ebay

sub £50 for shorts & jerseys for example
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    Anyone know if there are any Rapha discount codes available? I know they cannot be used at the sale.
  • iPete
    How big are the reductions likely to be?

Huge, jerseys were £35 RRP £100+, shorts were £30ish, merino base layers £15, arm warmers £10 etc.

I just hope all the eBay c**ts haven't cleared the place out by Friday afternoon.