13»

Comments

• She sounds great - how do you feel about sharing? :D

She is. Sorry mate, no chance :)
    2007 Trek 1.2
    2014 Genesis Equilibrium 20
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,680
    Missed all of this, but surely if you're bike mad, the bike stuff is a part of you?

If she can't tolerate you with cycling, then she can't tolerate a part of you.

That would be enough for me to say 'see you later'.

Although it's hard to do, consider the opportunity cost, not the sunk cost of your relationship.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Q. Ask yourself this. Does your bike get a head ache when you want to ride it?

Note:
    Women are very complex characters, and to all the men on this site, just come to accept that you will never understand how they think. I have been married for over 20 years and took up cycling couple of years back. The 'C' word does seem to trigger some chemical reaction in the female brain. At times it even has my grown up daughter having her four penneth worth, mainly about wearing lycra. I have experienced the bemoaning of spending hours out on the bike, but I do try to balance everything. Yet somehow the bike riding is the only thing remembered by 'her indoors'. Cannot wait to break the news sometime next year that I will be riding the 2013 Tour of Flanders sportive and will be spending my savings plan a super duper carbon road bike. Oh happy days!
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • She's obvioulsy jealous hat you have something that you enjoy and is using that as a means to an end to start an argument.

I was married and thought everything was good. Then after a day out walking in the lakes with guys and girls from work came home to her pissed off as it was nearly 21.30. This started the argument off which then grew and grew. She said how I did all these things and she never got to do anything. Yet she was always allowed to go out with her mates when ever she wanted. Yet chose not to most of the time. The argument with full tilt and we ended up breaking up because of it. As it turned out there was a guy she had become "mates" with at work and had been flirting for months. I'd been out one night. Had one of those "feelings" so went home to find them together on the couch. As you may imagine it kicked off he ended up walking the streets naked and it was like fecking z cars minutes later.

As it turned out she said that she did all the work at home while I did my 3 day of shift work then "dossed" it all day. It never clicked with her that on my "days off" I was up at 6 am sorting the kids out for school, doing pack lunches etc.. then dropped her at work, them at school, did the shopping, housework, took the dog for a walk, picked the kids up had tea ready for when she finished and picked her up from work.

So me going work for my long days ( 13-14 hrs) then the occasional day out for a days walking leaving her to have to sort the kids out made her feel like a one parent family!
    This had caused her to be attracted to attention at work and hence the affair.

It sound to me unfortunately that she's looking for a reason to start an argument and she's doing it by choosing the one thing she knows you enjoy the most. So she really is feeling unloved and unwanted and see's that you love your cycling more than her. Or she's wanting a way out of the relationship.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Fungus, did you leather him?
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    Q. Ask yourself this. Does your bike get a head ache when you want to ride it?
    !

No, but every month it will ask me to spend money on itself, like this month it has been new brake calipers for no other reason than the ones it had had got a bit scuffed with mudguard fitting, the b'tards at Wiggle made sure by sending the stuff out as well...
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Can't help but notice that the OP is posted missing.

Maybe he is not allowed to play on the internet anymore.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Thanks for the reply's they have been great and have given Me a sence of which way I'm going. I'm not giving up cycling. The misses is still having a pop, I've decided to do the coast to coast in April and doing the Lejog in august. She don't know this yet. My relationship is very much the same as the chap who does everything and she doesn't do very much in the house at all. I do 12-13 hr shifts and on days off do the house work, cooking, cleaning take the dogs out while she stays in bed, then I nip out on the bike.
    I think life is already too short to be restricted by someone.
    O and by the way I'm not allowed on Facebook or twitter I'm only on this because I access it by my iPhone. Lol, one to me.
    Keep the comments coming.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Thanks for the reply's they have been great and have given Me a sence of which way I'm going. I'm not giving up cycling. The misses is still having a pop, I've decided to do the coast to coast in April and doing the Lejog in august. She don't know this yet. My relationship is very much the same as the chap who does everything and she doesn't do very much in the house at all. I do 12-13 hr shifts and on days off do the house work, cooking, cleaning take the dogs out while she stays in bed, then I nip out on the bike.
    Too true. If she loved you, she would respect you.
    O and by the way I'm not allowed on Facebook or twitter I'm only on this because I access it by my iPhone. Lol, one to me.
    Not allowed? Really? I was only kidding :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Facebook needs banning anyways.... however decide whats the best for you and anyone else involved and good fortune for the future, bud.
  • Thanks for the reply's they have been great and have given Me a sence of which way I'm going. I'm not giving up cycling. The misses is still having a pop, I've decided to do the coast to coast in April and doing the Lejog in august. She don't know this yet. My relationship is very much the same as the chap who does everything and she doesn't do very much in the house at all. I do 12-13 hr shifts and on days off do the house work, cooking, cleaning take the dogs out while she stays in bed, then I nip out on the bike.

Let us know when shifts are and we could organise a chain gang rota to go round and give your lovely lady a seeing to - maybe she's missing some real man love.....we could have freehub cook her a lovely romantic meal, while alanW plays some romantic Queen music in the background, then off for a quick spin at 77mph down to frank the tanks local to pick up a the twins then back to yours for some 'uphill action'.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Patbriggsmbr - Good luck and dont ever let the sleeping walrus keep you off the bike!!