Restoration of the Death Penalty

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Its time we brought back the death penalty for (amongst other offences)
1. Breaking glass/ leaving broken on the road
The offence is obviously aggravated if said broken glass is in clycle lane or on cycle path - in these circumstances it should be death by hanging, followed by drawing and quartering ( or whichever order you prefer to inflict)

Any other offences for which we should introduce the death penalty?

(PS I am of course not being serious about restoration of the death penalty - its too good for them)
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• imo it should be introduced for the needless act of gunning your engine to the red line to pass a cyclist; when in fact immediately after the afore-mentioned cyclist there is a queue of traffic (not a surprise queue - one that is there everyday, and has been visible on this occasion for the last 200 yards!) that necessitates the immediate application of the cars brakes - hard.

Such needless disregard for life should be rewarded in kind.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Using mobiles whilst driving?

Driving around in the dark with no lights on? I suggest a fitting punishment: an irate bull, in a small, pitch black room with electrified walls also containing the offender. Bull stumbles into wall, gets zapped, gets angry, jumps around and humanely(I may not be certain about this) smooshes offender.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • 'being in possession of an offensive wife'
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • spen666 wrote:

Riding a moped?

"In an annoying way" would be considered an aggravating factor, deserving of a slow and painful death.

Also: being a bit left wing.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DaveL
    DaveL Posts: 188
    When I drive my car, it winds me up how many people drive on the white line, obviously a hanging offence. Now change to my bike, now they want to drive in the gutter, usually just before a set of lights on red, gun it past ye, then park in the gutter. Drawn and quartered isn't good enough for that one

Dave
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    Greg66 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

Riding a moped?

"In an annoying way" would be considered an aggravating factor, deserving of a slow and painful death.

He's your hero, isn't he?
    501px-Joseph_McCarthy.jpg
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

Riding a moped?

Which day would you like to appear before the committee?

[actually, I'm having a right wing day, as I read on the front of the Torygraph that the UK economy is likely to contract by 10% if the Eurozone collapses "in a disorderly way". This (IMO) is likely to lead to basic rate tax hitting about 30%, higher rate hitting 45%, and VAT going to 22.5%. All of which brought on my melancholia, which I self medicate with bouts of frothing right wing rhetoric.]

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Picking your nose in the work bogs and leaving the fecking drying bogey on the fecking cubicle wall.

That deserves the death penalty with ANY doubt whatsoever.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • spen666
    Riding a bike with buckeld wheels and under inflated tyres is clearly bike abouse and deserves the death penalty and all your relatives being placed on the bike offenders register and barred from working withbikes for the rest of their lives or having unsupervised contact with bikes

Twittering @spen_666
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    DaveL wrote:
    When I drive my car, it winds me up how many people drive on the white line, obviously a hanging offence. Now change to my bike, now they want to drive in the gutter, usually just before a set of lights on red, gun it past ye, then park in the gutter. Drawn and quartered isn't good enough for that one

Dave
    Absolutely. At traffic lights the car in front is turning right so the one behind pulls into the gutter so that they can pull away a millisecond quicker than if they'd just stayed behind. The lights turn red, the front car pulls right in front of the oncoming traffic, the one behind speeds off and I'm left stuck at the lights. :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • spen666
    Picking your nose in the work bogs and leaving the fecking drying bogey on the fecking cubicle wall.

Well stop doing it

Twittering @spen_666
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    People who amble when ambling isn't called for, like the walk-up to a football match or buying wine on the way home.

Yoooofs of terday who wear their trousers too low and their pants too high, revealing some inches of material that really isn't for public display. Gaaah.

That woman who drives to Buckingham at 40mph dropping to 35 on the bend near the x-roads even though it's a clear line of sight and her ropey old Astra can't possibly launch itself into the ditch with only 20bhp at the wheels. Dozy bint.

Other people mainly. Hanging's too good for 'em, mostly.
  • rjsterry
    Greg66 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

Riding a moped?

Which day would you like to appear before the committee?

[actually, I'm having a right wing day, as I read on the front of the Torygraph that the UK economy is likely to contract by 10% if the Eurozone collapses "in a disorderly way". This (IMO) is likely to lead to basic rate tax hitting about 30%, higher rate hitting 45%, and VAT going to 22.5%. All of which brought on my melancholia, which I self medicate with bouts of frothing right wing rhetoric.]

I'm free next Thursday; my worker's uniform is at the cleaners at the moment.

It is a bit fecking gloomy isn't it.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Riding a bike with an offensive squeak :twisted:
  • Jay dubbleU
    People who feed pigeons
  • Jay dubbleU
    Squirrels - sneaky little b*stards
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    People who cycle in running shoes - and pedal with their instep.

My eyes... my eyes....
  • People who cycle in running shoes - and pedal with their instep.

My eyes... my eyes....

These people are often referred to (correctly) as new-bie-tri-ath-letes.

Allegedly.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    People who stand infront of the discounted meat section in Morrisons aimlessly talking and preventing me from getting to THAT T-bone steak which was £7 and now £4 should be greeted with the death penalty.

Also people who stroll along the train to the first empty seat, thereby allowing people coming the other way to get to the other empty seat thereby preventing me from getting a seat should be greeted with the death penalty.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    People who overtake me on the left.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • clarkey cat
    Women that wear 'Baby on Board' badges.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866

My eyes... my eyes....

when I cycle on flat pedals I'm afraid I'm one of those who pedal with my instep

sorry always have done, always will unless I am cycling clipless.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • rjsterry
    NGale wrote:

My eyes... my eyes....

when I cycle on flat pedals I'm afraid I'm one of those who pedal with my instep

[rolls up newspaper borrowed from LiT] NO! Bad NGale!
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• NGale
    rjsterry wrote:
    NGale wrote:

My eyes... my eyes....

:lol:

It's a habit I've had since I learned to ride a bike, no going back on it now.

I cycle clipless these days so it saves on the instep but it does give me problems with my knees as a result because it is changing my style to something alien to me.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Drafting fairies.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rjsterry
    NGale wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    NGale wrote:

My eyes... my eyes....

I cycle clipless these days so it saves on the instep but it does give me problems with my knees as a result because it is changing my style to something alien to me.
    Pedalling with the right bit of your foot shouldn't put any more load on your knee than the instep. If anything, it should be better as you can use your whole leg.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Everyone I don't like.
  • clarkey cat
    People that torture animals (unless for research or fun)
  • NGale
    rjsterry wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    NGale wrote:

My eyes... my eyes....

Pedalling with the right bit of your foot shouldn't put any more load on your knee than the instep. If anything, it should be better as you can use your whole leg.

It's just a case of getting used to a different position on my ligaments (which have always been a bit weak) I am also a little flat footed anyway so it's a combination of things.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Picking your nose in the work bogs and leaving the fecking drying bogey on the fecking cubicle wall.

We had someone do this, but they smattered it all over the mirror in nice patterens. Lovely.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"