Where are you spending Xmas day?

13»

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Breakfast followed by a 30 miler the club - finish with mince pies and hot chocolate.
    Home to get Mrs JW out of bed - icy hands on the spine work wonders.
    Open prezzies accompanied by suitable alchohol
    Cooking
    Lunch
    Slob out
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    Grandma (my Mum) clumps down the stairs at about 5.30am every Xmas screaming HE'S BEEN!!! HE'S BEEN!!! waking everyone else up.

Does my swede in.

I like this lady... I might start using that!! :D

My Mum does the same - although not quite so early. This year will be the first year that my little boy will understand what is going on and he's going to be super excited. I'm welling up at the thought of it!
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I'm welling up at the thought of it!

Let's hope Santa brings you some MTFU eye-drops. :wink:

Our LO is 13 months so his excitement levels just revolve around shiny lights, baubles and wrapping paper he can eat.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440

Our LO is 13 months so his excitement levels just revolve around shiny lights, baubles and wrapping paper he can eat.

The Mighty Pickle went to see Father Christmas at the weekend. She was massively excited.

Obviously she cried, refused to have anything to do with him and now, when ever she sees a picture she comes and gives me a hug and tells me 'No like Father Christmas'. I told her that he's going to break into the house one night soon and she looked petrified.

Should make next year somewhat cheaper.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Does in a slight gin and tonic fueled haze count as a place? and yes this will pretty much start from out of bed at 10ish with champagne breaky and onwards to BOOZELAND
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Asprilla wrote:

The Mighty Pickle went to see Father Christmas at the weekend. She was massively excited.

Obviously she cried, refused to have anything to do with him and now, when ever she sees a picture she comes and gives me a hug and tells me 'No like Father Christmas'. I told her that he's going to break into the house one night soon and she looked petrified.

Well done - introducing that healthy level of fear without which no childhood is complete and economising at the same time
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Not a single person putting in a shift at a soup kitchen then?

So much for the Big Society.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Are the soup kitchens ('Crisis') open on Chrimbo day? I thought they were open upto Chrimbo Eve...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    Asprilla wrote:

MiniRJS is a big Peppa Pig fan, but was also freaked out by 'the real thing' aka a guy in a 7 foot pig costume.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Well I’m going to celebrate Xmas with my parents, because they have arranged a Christmas party at their place. So I’m waiting to have some fun with my family.
  • At M-i-L in Skeg-vegas

Miles away from my bikes, at least it is only for four or so days.
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Asprilla wrote:

My son knocked a tooth out at a very early age. We told him about the tooth fairy to try and cheer him up. Big mistake, he was terrified at the prospect of some bint breaking in to his bedroom as he slept.