Where are you spending Xmas day?

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    In-laws this year - both not too well.

Nephew who is a chef is cooking for about 15 of us, and us 'older' adults have volunteered the nieces and nephews to wash up for change - that might change as 'chef' is thinking of using plates etc. from work, and taking the whole lot back to go in the dishwasher there, so saving us all work ! :lol:
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Get up
    Massive breakfast
    Church
    Start cooking / drinking (all activities from this point will include wine or gin and tonic)
    Lunch
    Presents
    Reading / dog walk / TV / talking
    Supper
    Reading / TV / talking
    Bed

WTF???? Presents before breakfast, no?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Get up
    Massive breakfast
    Church
    Start cooking / drinking (all activities from this point will include wine or gin and tonic)
    Lunch
    Presents
    Supper
    Reading / TV / talking
    Bed

No, presents after lunch. Some family will be staying at their place for most of the week but some, including the grandparents who live next door, will only be coming over for lunch. So, presents after lunch.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • That's hardcore man. When we were kids, we used to chafe under the 'no presents before breakfast' rule.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Grandma (my Mum) clumps down the stairs at about 5.30am every Xmas screaming HE'S BEEN!!! HE'S BEEN!!! waking everyone else up.

Does my swede in.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    We'll be at home until just before noon, breakfast, presents and relative calm. Midday we're in the pub for 1 drink with friends. If you're not there early it's absolutely rammed, great community feel to it though. Then over to my parents in Wimbledon for total and utter chaos. My sisters will also be there, 1 comes over from Italy with her husband and 2 kids. Then after lunch we see my aunt and uncle and their lot, either at theirs or my folks' house that takes the total number from 14 to about 32 people in total. As I said, utter chaos. We used to have lunch all together but as the numbers approached 30 it started to get a bit silly.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    My parents think I'm with my in-laws, my in-laws think I'm with my parents...I'll be at home with my wife getting pi$$ed.
    Happy Days. Graham.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Get up
    Massive breakfast
    Church
    Lunch
    Presents
    Supper
    Reading / TV / talking
    Bed

Don't get me started. My missus has a family tradition of no presents until the Queen's speech. :shock: I sharp changed that. Well, at least we get one small present at breakfast!!! :oops:
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • FoldingJoe
    Grandma (my Mum) clumps down the stairs at about 5.30am every Xmas screaming HE'S BEEN!!! HE'S BEEN!!! waking everyone else up.

Does my swede in.

I like this lady... I might start using that!! :D

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • FoldingJoe
    For us it will be getting up with the kids and opening stocking presents over breakfast.

Then down to the beach for a swim (Christmas Day tradition in Bude for those of us brave enough). Into the pub for a quick drink, then back home to get lunch prepared for us and friends (who only get back from their ski-ing trip on Christmas Eve).

At least I've no in-laws to contend with this year.... best present I've had since my Big Trak!!! :)

• I'm working 9pm Christmas Eve to 9am Christmas Morning, then round to my ex-wife's place for present opening with my daughter. After that, lunch with the family at my parents place, bit of a chill out then drop my little'un back with her mum and I'll try to grab some sleep before going back to work for 9pm.
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I'm going to my auntie and uncle's (no parents anymore but they're the next best thing, and no significant other as I'm the Mancunian Bridget Jones). Normally I go the night before and stay over, but normally I don't have a brand new road bike. So, I'm going to go out on Xmas Eve with friends, come home, eat nice things, watch telly, have a bath, and then cycle to theirs on Xmas morning on completely empty roads. I am asking Father Christmas for a dry, mild, Christmas morning in my stocking this year.... :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    You can write all you want, but all the Gregs and ITB heard was "...Christmas morning in my stockings..."

They have very dirty minds.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    You can write all you want, but all the Gregs and ITB heard was "...Christmas morning in my stockings..."

They have very dirty minds.

Lol - socks yes, but probably fluffy bedsocks - I don't think they'd have quite the same effect.

Rather apt though, in a way. Was so tired and wet and befuddled when I got home this evening that I got in the bath still wearing my socks. An early night for me I think.....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I'm toying with the idea of going on a social ride in London before popping up to the SE suburbs to see how my granddaughter gets on with unwrapping her new toddlebike - she just loves wrapping paper! Then home to a bottle of cognac.

I did a night pootle around Westminster last Sunday/Monday and I really enjoyed the traffic-light riding. Traffic must be even lighter on Christmas day - could be perfect for a sociable ride.

There are two Christmas Day rides that I know of. I'm doing the LFGSS one and I believe Southwark Cyclists are doing one also.
  • msmancunia wrote:
    .... no significant other as I'm the Mancunian Bridget Jones). ... I am asking Father Christmas for a dry, mild, Christmas morning in my stocking this year.... :)

You've got stockings? Don't worry, it won't be long before you have a significant other :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    woah woah waoh.

stockings. woman. bath.

im all asunder.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    i'll be sat on a beach, the missus and me are off to koh samui in thailand on the 14th until the 29th, should be about 85f.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    At home, with in-laws and other family.

11 adults & 6 kids under 5. Fun fun fun.

Oh and I'm cooking...... :shock: :?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Back to Sweden with the girlfriend to celebrate Julafton (24th Dec). Was a bit bizarro world last year opening presents and having julbord for Julafton rather than on Christmas day, but a glass of Julmust makes up for it.

Will Skype the family back in Oz for Christmas day. Two Christmases and a birthday within 2 weeks - can't complain!
  • Travelling between the two of these.....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Sil ... s&t=m&z=10
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    What are you, a burglar?

:P
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Deepest darkest Shropshire
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    With the family but off on holidays in Italy hopefully skiing on some natural snow.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    None of the above.

I'll be on a beach in Muriwai, New Zealand, with my girlfriend 8)
    FCN 2 to 8
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Graham. wrote:
    My parents think I'm with my in-laws, my in-laws think I'm with my parents...I'll be at home with my wife getting pi$$ed.
    Happy Days. Graham.
    You are my new hero. I salute you sir.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Two X-mas' ago I got Fallout 3. I opened it at 7-8am after the X-mas 'jump'. At 7pm I stopped playing it to have Christmas dinner. T'was a Kelly Bronze turkey, prawn cocktail (on iceberg lettuce) to start and them little sausages with the bacon wrapped round - all my favourites. Spent about an 1hr on Christmas dinner and stopped playing Fallout 3 sometime during boxing day when I was forced to see family.

Best. X-mas. Ever.

Last year I went to a restaurant with her parents and family. T'was a nice change from 28yrs of spending X-mas day at home in my PJs playing with my toys awaiting X-mas dinner...

This year we will be going to my parents. I'm looking forward to playing with my toys and son while awaiting X-mas dinner.

Next year I plan to spend it at home with Mrs DDD and my son we'll play with our toys while awaiting X-mas dinner.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Graeme_S wrote:
    Graham. wrote:
    Happy Days. Graham.
    You are my new hero. I salute you sir.

Then on Boxing day he can pull the same trick again! No wait, that won't work...
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Might be at the hospital, wife is being induced around the 30th December( 2 weeks early ) due to having pregnancy related diabetes which affects the growth of the baby .

Go on wheres my option :roll:
    FCN 3/5/9
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    notsoblue wrote:
    Deepest darkest Shropshire

And that is about as deep and dark, and inaccessible, a place as you will find. Miles from any motorway or fast road to anywhere.

I actually really like it - I have family there - but, feck me, it's a soul-sapping drive.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."