MTFU Weather Has Arrived

13»

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I'm just glad the wind has changed direction. I was fed up struggling into the wind coming up hill into town.
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Thought I was going to spontaneously combust on the New Kings Road this morning, got the layers seriously wrong!! Couldn't be bothered stopping and stripping off, so arrived at work a soggy mess.

Had to smile, with sweat dripping off me nose, when another roadie said "enjoy it while we can" :)
  • Quite warm here today, but rode my snow bike with the Marathon In-The-Deep-Mid-Winters on for the first time. Apparently they need 40km before the ice and snow, so I thought today's commute would be ideal.

Muuuuch harder work than the road bike, that's for sure. Also swapped on some clipless pedals for today, two miles in had to raise the saddle on the bike by an inch and a half, amazing how much more you can get away with bad positioning on flats.
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    7 degrees and sunny in South Wales today ! The wind is coming in for tomorrow though :cry:
  • Muuuuch harder work than the road bike, that's for sure. Also swapped on some clipless pedals for today, two miles in had to raise the saddle on the bike by an inch and a half, amazing how much more you can get away with bad positioning on flats.

Tell me about the Marathon W***ers! Did 30 miles on them yesterday - wow, my legs knew it. Great for burning the calories though - especially as I was the slowest I've been other than my MTB on Ice Spikers. Needed to get used to that tiny amount of "give" in the tyre as you turn (might have to start the racing driving technique of "hinting").
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Muuuuch harder work than the road bike, that's for sure. Also swapped on some clipless pedals for today, two miles in had to raise the saddle on the bike by an inch and a half, amazing how much more you can get away with bad positioning on flats.

Tell me about the Marathon W***ers! Did 30 miles on them yesterday - wow, my legs knew it. Great for burning the calories though - especially as I was the slowest I've been other than my MTB on Ice Spikers. Needed to get used to that tiny amount of "give" in the tyre as you turn (might have to start the racing driving technique of "hinting").

Haven't got a speedo on that bike, just as well, as I'm sure I was reeeeeaaaalllyyy sllllllooooowwww. Seem to have lost a few spikes already, too. Will send an email to Schwalbe trying to cadge some more.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Is anyone else convinced we wont get a lot of snow this year. Everyone seems to be prepared for it, supermarkets have the sledges in, continental are advertising snow tyres.

Sods law dictates all we'll ge is a light dusting that will last a day at most.
  • There will be very little this year, mainly due to the fact that I bought snow tyres and a snow shovel.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    ....and back to shorts in London today.

I think we might be in for a hefty, harsh late winter this year. I'm usually well into MTFU gear by now - we're going to have to "pay" for this tropical heatwave at some point!
  • Beautiful this mourning riding up Clydach Gorge low hanging mist over clydach, though mild weather + full paniers ment was rather hot even riding on the railway line.

Now do I go though the railway tunnel on way back?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773

Not if the trains still use it. The light at the end could be a train coming your way!
    On a serious note I would as I've never cycled through a proper tunnel.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    been warm here this morning but i have woken up with the dreaded "Man Flu"

i was close to death this morning *cough*
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    mudcow007 wrote:

Sure it's not Mud Cow Disease? :P
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    ToeKnee wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

Sure it's not Mud Cow Disease? :P

i was talking to my self this morning...its not looking good is it>?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Veronese68 wrote:

Not if the trains still use it. The light at the end could be a train coming your way!
    On a serious note I would as I've never cycled through a proper tunnel.

Great fun last night, yes though the tunnel.

Had a whale of a time rocketing down though the gloom, light did me proud, had to ease off in some sections and the Beech's have left a lot of leaves which is pretty but also slippy!