Wakefield & Leeds area riders, well west yorkshire really??

Comments

• LeeRM
    LeeRM Posts: 45
    Yeah 10am sounds good to me, so we looking at a good 3-4hrs of you've been framed footage then? Lol I too will be on the train coming in from Wakefield way.
    I'm gonna be running an old school GT (temp til new ride arrives) so I expect I'll spend more time out the saddle either doing bodge job repairs or falling off!!
    " I know the voices aren't real.....but they have some really GOOD ideas! "
  • LeeRM
    Out of curiousity have any of you lot met for meets before?
  • Markmjh
    Markmjh Posts: 415
    Hi Guys,
    might have to make the Sunday meet at 11. Just had a quick look at the trains and the first connection for Lee coming from Wakefield gets into Bingley at 11am, is everyone else ok for 11?
    Ride Crash Ride Again
  • LeeRM
    Cheers Mark as I had completely forgotten to check that! 11am sounds fine to me!
  • Yea no probs for Sunday 11 is good can hav a lie in! we still on for Saturday at Rodley guys?
  • Eddy_B
    Eddy_B Posts: 122
    Yeah still on for Saturday and hopefully Sunday
  • LeeRM
    Crank issue!!!
    Hey all, I maybe be a little later out tomorrow than originally planned, rode home tonight and crank is wrecked????? Not happy!! Gonna head to my LBS first thing and see about replacement. So it probably won't be til afternoon when I get out there, but it will be/should be sorted for Sunday so Sunday is a definate 11am.
  • LeeRM
    Also thinking further ahead, how's everyone fixed for evening/night rides during the week?
  • Bad luck Lee, that's a real blow! So Saturday looks like it's going to be cancelled as Mark's Mrs has the car! Are we better leaving Saturday and all getting together Sunday at 11 in Bingley for all 4 of us. Eddy your call mate for tomorrow!

Night rides are ok for me, but all depends where n when as i do work some late shifts, but deffo up for that! Ste
  • LeeRM
    Tell me about it not sure whether I should go for repair or replacement to be honest, what's ya thoughts? I'm thinking of upgrading a few parts anyways til my new machine is acquired!
  • Hey fellas, not heard anything so assume today's cancelled, real shame! Can we confirm tomorrow guys? 11:00 am at Bingley train station? Who's gonna be there, and how long we planning to be out for? We really gotta do this! Eddy you happy to lead??

Lee get the bike fixed pal!
  • Markmjh
    Well I'm defo on fro tomorrow at 11 :-)
    Night ride sound good to me but timings could be difficult for me. I commute over to accrington still at the moment so don't get back to Guiseley until just after 7.

Lee, depends if you are going to keep the bike after the new one arrives. But i'd generally go for replacement most of the time as once something goes it tends to be on it's way out for good :-(
    Ride Crash Ride Again
  • Eddy_B
    Cheers guys

Billy no mates here stood around like a right tool.

i wont bother tomorrow, ill just go ride
  • Hey Eddy really sorry, did message yesterday as Lee had problems! Wasn't sure if you were still on! Look I'm definitely up for tomorrow, and both the other guys seem the same. Can everyone please confirm attendance? Eddy assume g that you are still happy to lead?

I'll deffo be there even if no one else is? Steve
  • Markmjh
    I'm at bingley for 11am :-) Would defo of gone today if I wasn't babysitting.
    Really sorry you were left today eddy. Tomorrow we'll all swap numbers to make it easier to arrange meets. Eddy, I'll pm you my number now so you have it for tomorrow
    Ride Crash Ride Again
  • LeeRM
    Looking good for me too as I'm going to collect the repaired bike in morning!! Gonna double check train times this evening so I can get there in good time.
    No laughing at my old school v-brake GT either! :-)
  • LeeRM
    No wheels!! Bike still not ready apparently my LBS had loads on so not got round to sorting it yet!!!
    Not happy!! I'm not going to try rearrange anything til new bike arrives on Friday now so I'll post as soon as it's here.
    Steve I've got your number so will call during the week or end of the week once bike is here!
    All have a safe ride and I WILL see you all VERY soon!
  • Eddy_B
    Well I hope you guys had a better ride than me yesterday, I got 100 meters before crashing over the bars, dislocated finger, bent rotor, walk home :(

Maybe this weekend?
  • Oh sh*t Eddy, bad luck pal! Always up for a jaunt, and can assure you that the guys are serious too! I'm working Saturday but happy to meet Sunday assuming that we can all agree? If Lee's got his new steed then I'm sure he would to to give her/him an outing? Mark, I know you had plans for Ilkley but what about all 4 of us hitting the trail with Eddy leading?
  • LeeRM
    Yeah I'll play out even if the new toy hasn't arrived I'll bring out the GT which I can safely say has now been repaired! *LOUD CHEERING* so just let me know times and places so I can look up train times if needed, I'm on nights too on Saturday so forgive me if I'm lagging at the back!

Steve you have my number so drop me a text with details otherwise I'll get em on here.

Eddy will ya beast be fixed and ready for the weekend? Hope so!
  • LeeRM
    Just an idea and a random thought, but if we can arrange and confirm it then how about we all do ilk ET, if everyone is game?
    Not been upthat way in yonks!!
  • LeeRM
    That's meant to say do ilkey. Typo!!
  • Eddy_B
    Ilkey?

Well saturday I have a meeting with the land owner of Baildon moor and the dick hudsons path so we could be the first people to ride legally on this trail ever!
  • LeeRM
    Sorry ilkley is what I meant. What is this path you speak of?? You thinking of trialing it Sunday?
  • LeeRM
    So how we looking for the weekend then guys? I'm good to go even if new machine doesn't arrive as the GT is upend running with a few replaced parts here and there.
  • I'm ok for Sunday but can't do anything on Saturday! Happy to go with the flow guys! Just keep me informed! S
  • LeeRM
    Yeah Sunday is good for me too looking forward to a good blast.
  • LeeRM
    Quick heads up for the weekend "APPARENTLY" it's forecast snow!! This should make for a fun outing! :-)
  • Markmjh
    Sorry guys, i'm not gonna be able to make anything this weekend :-(
    But hopefully next weekend is free :-)
    Ride Crash Ride Again
  • Hi, Are people still going out tomorrow? If so I am keen to tag along if OK.