Mud, Sweat and Gears 2012

Comments

• bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    this should work...
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • IhateDNS
    IhateDNS Posts: 380
    Thanks Bigdawg. Don't look as steep as Danbury ski slope :wink:
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • bigdawg
    are they still there?? thought theyd been bulldozed - it was on one of them I blew a rear shock (around 97!) on a GT LTS1 :oops:

• bigdawg
    has anyone else had a problem signing up for this weekend - just gone through 6 cards and they declined all of them (two werent even mine!)??

• pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    BC have a problem with their entry system, maybe email the organisers with your details then pay on the day
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • bigdawg
    Its just been sorted - had an email from Matt in the last half hour to say its fixed, and have now entered (although I did nearly hit the vet women button!)

• Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    You'd be guaranteed a podium if you did enter the vet women, when I looked a couple of days ago there were only 2 entries.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Looks ideal conditions for Sunday, good luck guys
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bigdawg
    Pirahna wrote:
    You'd be guaranteed a podium if you did enter the vet women, when I looked a couple of days ago there were only 2 entries.

The way Im feeling atthe moment Id prob not even make that - Trained my arse off all winter, was faster than ever last sunday on my usual course and now Ive got rashes up my legs, stomach cramps and feel like general crap..!

But saying that Im still gonna be there - a quick check of the entry list and theres a couple of guys I used to race against 20 odd years ago.. Be good to see them if nothing else..

VW - you not going?!

• VWsurfbum
    No mate, too late a start and not had any long training rides, evey time I take my bike out I break something else! I'm just on my way to collect a new spoke ! Grr
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    No mate, too late a start and not had any long training rides, evey time I take my bike out I break something else! I'm just on my way to collect a new spoke ! Grr
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bigdawg
    not looking forward to the later starts either - means the kids are going to sleep in the car on the way home and wont be tired when I try and putthem to bed at 7.30....

• bigdawg
    are you going to do any of the nearer ones..??

• VWsurfbum
    Can't do hylands as playing with cars at Silverstone but will try to get to a few others?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bigdawg
    OK this could be a problem - went out last night to get some petrol for sunday (I dont use the car much!) and all the local ones had been shut because theyd sold out!! WTF... What the hell's going on?! Everyone panic buying becasue there might be a strike in 2 weeks time.... idiots

So I might be there sunday if I can get there, what a joke! Will be mightily peed off if I miss this race.

• VWsurfbum
    Yeah that's an unexpected problem, I got all my work cars filled up just in time but my own car I almost ran out yesterday:lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • stylish
    stylish Posts: 168
    The garages should check fuel guages as people line up, anyone who is going to put less than £20 in, should then be told to bugger off, half the people in the queue i sat in last night, put less than a tenner in!

Anyway, good luck to all on sunday, it looks like it might be a dry chilly one, but thats better than the alternatives!
    still no racing for me, but i will be there with my lad, for his race and then watching the afternoon races, gutted im not on the grid but mt time will come again soon i hope.
  • C0LL0
    C0LL0 Posts: 271
    Looking forward to this one, my 1st time at Tunstall and my 1st full MSG series, but only doing the 1 hour race ,can't wait around all day for the 2 hour one.
  • stylish
    stylish Posts: 168
    Collo, do you know your race number yet? as i will be out watching, and can provide free motivational abuse as you go past!
  • VWsurfbum
    How did you all get on?
    Perfect conditions weather wise :)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • C0LL0
    :D:D:D Had a great day,set out to make the top half of the results and got 29 out of 66 in the open so well pleased with that, A great course 2 nice bomb holes to drop into, no real climbs though but lots of bumpy single track, well done to Matt, all the MSG Crew and TROG for the support from the marshalls

Roll on Hylands park...... :D:D:D

86, Darren, was good to see you after the race again, although the motivation abuse would have been welcome, you won't be much longer watching. cheers :lol:
  • C0LL0
    Are there any photo's or video from the 1st round??
  • bigdawg
    by absolute contrast I hated it - horrible horrible course...

After last year I was really looking forward to this, was prob my favourite course last year, undulationg with a couple of decent hills in it, this year was dead flat, 80% singletrack and no where to overtake. Admittedly I got a bad start but then just spent 2 hours sat behind people waiting for a place to pass. And did the whole thing in my (a 46) big ring..!

It was all about the start I cocked it up and paid the price, at least ten places behind where I should / could have been

Conditions were nice though and the drop in was a bit of fun.

Are there places to overtake at chelmsford / Hyland??

• VWsurfbum
    Last year there were few places to pass, but very little in the way of hills, and its balls out speed in some places, some very tight singletrack but some open places too.
    I did well there but I ride there at least once a week ;) if anyone wants showing round any morning in the next few weeks, im off for Easter holls so could do with the break :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bigdawg
    oh yeah and my pedal kept coming unclipped...

DSC_0223.jpg

• VWsurfbum
    That looks good Steve!
    How long was the drop?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Had a good race, loved the course and loving the new bike - 10th vets, here's me doing my best Bevis impression down the sandpit
    6890268842_b088e22340.jpg
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • bigdawg
    it was the one on the right...

tbh it had such a good run out it was pleasure to ride, a few people were put off by the fact there was a hump and you couldnt actually see the drop when approaching it...

file.php?id=1170

• bigdawg
    and how does that picture make me look fat Im down to ten stone, Im the preverbial rake...

new top needed methinks...