Poll on jersey etiquette and age

13»

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Is this allowed ?

tdf07st05bc-polkadots1.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • She could compete with me anytime. I'll just go get my maillot jaune.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    MattC59 wrote:
    Is this allowed ?

tdf07st05bc-polkadots1.jpg

Nope - she should take it off immediately.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    neeb wrote:
    holker wrote:
    In defiance of your final statement, on the basis of votes casted so far it would appear that the answer to your question is no. The only age group with a clear majority with one particular view is the > 55, and the total number of votes in this category is low so the result is probably statistically insignificant. It's also noticeable that in total there is a 50/50 split between those that think wearing a replica jersy is a cardinal sin and those that believe it's ok.
    Yup, for all practical purposes it's split 50:50 right through the age groups, which is pretty interesting and refutes my initial hypothesis that it might be a generational thing (yes OK, I know the sample size isn't big enough to really refute anything).

So what I'm thinking now is that it's probably the type of cycling people do and/or club membership that shapes their attitudes. I'd be tempted to do another poll but I'm not sure I could be arsed with the inevitable escalation in "non-caring" from the people who really, really, couldn't give a toss in the slightest, with bells on. :wink:

Still, no doubt that it's a genuinely controversial issue and that the people who think it's not the done thing to wear an unearned WC jersey aren't just some weird minority of snobs and obsessives. To my mind it's just a nice tradition in cycling and a way of showing respect to the champions.

I agree with you. Don't start another pole though! :D
  • road%20group.jpg

Naughty Merlin. There must be some conspiracy.
  • Meh. X
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    road%20group.jpg

Naughty Merlin. There must be some conspiracy.

You got anything better to do?
  • whilst these things can be illegally produced knock offs, don't branded jerseys have to br sanctioned & approved for production by the rights holder?

42 ride all sorts of bikes in lycra, baggies or jeans & not posted a poll answer cos I'm not strongly opinionated enough on the issue to skew your stats with a definitive yes or no.