Etapes 2012

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Paid with CC. Email to confirm payment but nothing else.

Nor is my name under the runners list.

Edit: Actually none of those in my club who have entered are listed.
  • Same here.

Out of 10 of us who entered only 2 are on the 'runners list' and received confirmation emails (in addition to the payment email we all received.)

The ones who are successfully entered were ones that entered later in the day.
  • Coming up on the runners list now!!
  • http://www.letapedutour.com/ET1/us/2011 ... tart-.html

Servers crashed unsurprisingly. Apparently if you got the payment confirmation you're in. I am!!!
  • Phew! Was beginning to wonder whether I'd been just a bit too clever by jumping in early.
  • Yup, I booked at 11:20am this morning, and received the payment confirmation but nothing else. I am on the riders list though... phew!
  • Just checked riders list again, now in there twice, doh ! better get onto them to cancel one of the places.

can't wait for the day, fantastic route, have ridden the 4 main cols before but not on the same day. Lots of training to be done now .
  • js14
    js14 Posts: 198
    As of 8pm this evening, entries for both Etapes are still on offer at 75€. Looking at the riders list, they must be approaching the 3000 limit before the price goes up to 95€ if they are not already over it for both Actes. (If someone wants to type 'a', then 'b' then 'c' and all the way to 'z' into the rider search box and do the sum we would know the truth.) I wonder if there are not already more than 3000 entries with perhaps some lattitude being given because of the server problem and the uncertainty of the real number of paid entries. Also Albertville seems to just be fractionally ahead of the Pau in popularity unlike last year when the Alps was massively more popular than Issoire.
  • Can anyone who received a confirmation email please copy and paste the content into a reply for the benefit of those who didn't receive it? Much appreciated...
  • Welcome on the Etape !

You are now entered in the 2012 Etape du Tour. This second act will take place on the Saturday, 14th of July from Pau to Bagnères de Luchon.

Entry for:
    Name : ******
    Amount : 80.00 Euros
    Fils number : *******

You have now to complete your entry with a medical certificate.
    We invite you to download the medical form on the event web site. It will be easier for your doctor to complete this form with the right wording.

Be careful, all certificate without the right mention "cycling competition" will be refused.

You will have to provide this medical certificate on the start village, when you will pick-up your race number.

We wish you a good and serious training and will meet you on the host village in Pau.

Best regards

The A.S.O. organisation team.
  • dandrew
    dandrew Posts: 175
    Subject: ASO: Ticket Paiement

Ref commande:8...................

CARTE BANCAIRE

le 17/11/2011 à 13:07

ASO

AUTO: 0.........

MONTANT = 92.00 EUR

TICKET A CONSERVER

This is what I was sent. I am on the rider list. Seem to the the impression that there is another e-mail they are sending out.
    I have edited out some of the numbers on the e-mail. The 92 euros is for entry, shuttle and insurance.
  • Many thanks.

Now to get that medical certificate signed - the GP says it'll cost £20 :shock:
  • im right in my translation that the medical certificate needs to be signed prior to me leaving for France and handed in at regestration? a la megaavalanche?
  • JSS
    JSS Posts: 55
    You take your medical certificate to the registration village the day before the Etape. There they hand over your race number (with timing chip) and a bag with some useful stuff in (a bidon, Rapha cream) and a load of crap.

Your GP shouldn't really charge you anything for confirming that you are fit and well. My doctor just laughed at me and said "You're mad. But my brother did it last year and he was a lot fatter than you, so I assume you'll live."
  • According to the BMA, your doctor is entitled to charge for completing a medical certificate: http://www.bma.org.uk/patients_public/w ... gefees.jsp

Yet another expense! I'm sure it will be worth it though.
  • My GP said he ought to charge for signing it, but it was such an "unexpected delight to sign someone off to do something healthy for a change" that he waived the fee.

I probably wont show him the photo of me climbing Ventoux...
    Ca roule ma poule?
  • dandrew
    dandrew Posts: 175
    My mates wife is a doctor. She signed us both off.
    I doubt these things are actually checked. Probably only an issue if you have serious foreseeable health problems in the race.
  • Logistics for Act II - Cant see an easy option.

The finish is a trafffic bottleneck: everyone will be looking to get on the A64 from the finish. Lots of places already booked up.

Nightmare.
    Ca roule ma poule?
  • Logistics for Act II - ...
    Remember that those 6000 or so finishers wanting to drive that narrow country road to the A64 will be spread over 6 hours. I plan to take that route out and don't anticipate a major delay.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Signed up for Acte 1. Route looks awesome. Time to dust off the turbo.....
  • 4310 on Acte 1 already!
  • Garrigou
    Garrigou Posts: 145
    If you drive 15km North of Luchon, then the D825/N125 intersects with the larger main road, the D33 (to St Gaudens). There will be hold ups at the traffic lights about 2km before the motorway slip-road, but other than that, the D33 is usually quite free flowing.
    Between me & Eddy Merckx we've won pretty much everything worth winning on a bike.
  • I just hope it can cope with 6000+ riders and their families/friends...
    Ca roule ma poule?
  • js14
    js14 Posts: 198
    dandrew wrote:
    My mates wife is a doctor. She signed us both off.
    I doubt these things are actually checked. Probably only an issue if you have serious foreseeable health problems in the race.
    They always ask you to show your medical certificate at the Etape before you get your "dossard". Make sure it follows the wording of the example on the Etape site specifically mentioning "cycling competitions".

The doctor who signs could be held responsible if the cyclist really shouldn't have been taking in part in the event. I would have thought that means at least checking on your medical history and checking your blood pressure and pulse rate. My doctor also makes you do some squats to see how high your pulse rate goes and how long it takes you to get your breath back and your pulse rate back to normal.

Another thing to note on French sportives is that you have to fill out a card with emergency contact details and whether you have any allergies and when your last tetanus jab was. In France you have a tetanus booster every ten years but it seems it's different in the UK.
  • jhop
    jhop Posts: 369
    They always ask you to show your medical certificate at the Etape before you get your "dossard".

No, this was brought in last year along with online open entries prior to that you submitted the Medical Cert on paper with the written application form.
  • mattpage
    mattpage Posts: 122
    Just entered Act 1 & 2. Just waiting for Marmotte entries to come out now.

Logistics is going to be a bit tight for Marmotte & Act 1. Not sure how I will work it out yet.
    Twitter: @mattpage24.
    Strava.
  • mattpage wrote:
    Just entered Act 1 & 2. Just waiting for Marmotte entries to come out now.

Logistics is going to be a bit tight for Marmotte & Act 1. Not sure how I will work it out yet.

Yep, I'm hoping to do La Marmotte and Acte 1 and have the same concern. I could drive to the end of acte 1 after LM and get the shuttle bus back to Albertville where I'm staying but I see you can't take bikes on the shuttle. So, unless I take two bikes...
  • mattpage
    mattpage Posts: 122
    Yep, I'm hoping to do La Marmotte and Acte 1 and have the same concern. I could drive to the end of acte 1 after LM and get the shuttle bus back to Albertville where I'm staying but I see you can't take bikes on the shuttle. So, unless I take two bikes...

My initial thoughts are to stay in Bourg d'Oisans then ride down after the Marmotte and drive to Albertville.
    Then after Act 1 possibly ride back to Albertville, back over the Madeleine. It might be tight getting registered for Act 1 in time the night before.
    Twitter: @mattpage24.
    Strava.
  • The logistics look tricky, so this is plan a:

drive down say on the monday or tuesday with 18 year old son and both our bikes and stay in an apartment we have in val thorens, which is about 2 hours from albertville.

Spend a few days aclimitising and practising.

son, who isn't entered, does the chauffering.

Slight risk with plan a:

- son passes his driving test. He failed the first one.

- son agrees to come a long way and be a chauffeur when his mates are planning a first lads trip abroad.

Think I need a plan b, just in case.

So given i'll be staying a fair bit away from albertville, have a car, how is the best way to manage dropping car off at the finish, getting back to Val thorens the night before, getting to the start the next day???? Is anyone else facing this challenge??
  • .-.