2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    That'll teach you :)
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    On the plus side...it means you wont need to cycle home in wet clothes when it's dry.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Soaked on way in today, will be soaked on way home then soaked again tonight on MTB run....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238

Is this news? I thought it always rained up north, it's one of the reason I don't live there.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Sketchley wrote:

Is this news? I thought it always rained up north, it's one of the reason I don't live there.

Nope - it's the west it always rains!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • UndercoverElephant
    UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I checked Windguru this morning:

Morning ride: strong southerly wind, but relatively bright and about 12 degrees.

Evening ride expected to be: very strong westerly winds, pishing rain, 4 degrees.

Made the clothing choice a bit tricky.
  • No wind this morning. Forgot to check the forecasts.
    Strong easterly currently developing outside the office at the moment.

I'm going to struggle to get home in under an hour tonight. :x
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • I heard the wind when I woke up this morning. Should have left the house at 8am. I'm still in bed. :oops:

Tomorrow, I promise, will be different.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    No wind this morning. Forgot to check the forecasts.
    Strong easterly currently developing outside the office at the moment.

I'm going to struggle to get home in under an hour tonight. :x

an Easterly would be just fantastic for me... please, please, please let me have an Easterly...
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    That's what Scotland's for - so the rest of us can look at their weather and say "Thank Christ I don't live there" :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Yup - up here we breakfast on MTFU on toast (or stirred into our porridge (made with salt & water & sprinkled with true grit :wink: )).

Expecting it to be freezing by Wednesday morning.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    When they say strong winds in the south of the country I hope they are referring to Scotland as a country so they should say slightly less northern part of the country and not confuse us with the word south.
    I know I'm a southern jessie.
  • BBC Weather for Edinburgh today: 10am heavy rain.

10am exactly it chucked it down, been like this all day now, was wanting to go for a ride today as well. :cry::cry:

David
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Twisterboy wrote:
    BBC Weather for Edinburgh today: 10am heavy rain.

10am exactly it chucked it down, been like this all day now, was wanting to go for a ride today as well. :cry::cry:

Has your bike dissolved?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • :lol::lol:

Cannot get it out of the shed more like..... Have building work starting hopefully next week so I can't even get to the bike since I piled everything in today, maybe once the rain goes out I can get it out the shed for going out on it friday.

David
  • sketchley
    The "News and Weather" app on Andriod is quiet good. Give the temperature, %chance of precipitation, wind and humidity for the next 24hours, you can then move the graph left and right and see what it'll be for given time.
    --
    Chris

• unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I thought it always rained up north,

Rubbish, sometimes it snows instead. Snow's only lying above 3000 feet but it's meant to be lower tomorrow. Where did I put my ski wax........
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • The weather band you speak off has been firmly stuck over Belfast all day.
    It is very wet
    It is very windy
    I am sitting this one out as long as I can before heading off.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Last night I changed my bent rear mech for a straight one, re-indexed the gears & set the limit screws so it was all running smoothly, checked the raceguards (which will be swapped out for some proper mudguards soon) were secure, pumped up tyres etc. etc. So far so good. This morning I awoke to the sound of airborne garden furniture & Judith Ralston telling me that 60mph winds & pishing rain were on the menu, all day, so instead of MTFU, broken glass & barbed wire for breakfast - like I & the rest of Scotland usually have - I had tea & toast, followed by a general ignorance of the fact I even own a bike, followed by 10 miles of warm, comfortable motorway driving.

Sometimes it's just not fun to go out in that

:oops:
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • suzyb
    Days like this not only do I not want to go out on the bike, I don't want to go out at all :(
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I thought you scots were meant to be a hardy race?

MTFU

;)
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864

We are. So hardy in fact that we generally cycle to work in our kilts. It's only to save the blushes of young ladies and to avoid making non Scots feel inadequate that we drive to work when it's windy :twisted:
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • notsoblue
    unixnerd wrote:

We are. So hardy in fact that we generally cycle to work in our kilts. It's only to save the blushes of young ladies and to avoid making non Scots feel inadequate that we drive to work when it's windy :twisted:

Do you all ride step-throughs?
  • suzyb
    notsoblue wrote:

MTFU

;)
    WTFU if you don't mind.
  • notsoblue
    suzyb wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

MTFU

;)
    WTFU if you don't mind.

There are female scots?

TIL :D
  • notsoblue wrote:
    suzyb wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

MTFU

;)
    WTFU if you don't mind.

There are female scots?

TIL :D

Sure are, and many of them look rather good too, although it can be hard to tell under all the lagging.

Truly grim, will need a snorkel on the way home, some of the puddles are getting a bit deep. At least the wind isn't as bad as forecast yet and we have had all the practice with it recently
    Coffee is not my cup of tea

Moda Fresco track racer
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 winter commuter
    Gunnar Hyper X
    Rocky Mountain ETSX
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000 (retro-bike in bits)
    Lemond Poprad Disc, now retired pending frame re-paint.
  • mcj78
    notsoblue wrote:
    unixnerd wrote:

Do you all ride step-throughs?

The "mixte" is the most masculine & fearsome of all bike styles... apart from the seatless unicycle, which William Wallace rode into battle.
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • sketchley
    mcj78 wrote:
    Last night I changed my bent rear mech for a straight one, re-indexed the gears & set the limit screws so it was all running smoothly, checked the raceguards (which will be swapped out for some proper mudguards soon) were secure, pumped up tyres etc. etc. So far so good. This morning I awoke to the sound of airborne garden furniture & Judith Ralston telling me that 60mph winds & pishing rain were on the menu, all day, so instead of MTFU, broken glass & barbed wire for breakfast - like I & the rest of Scotland usually have - I had tea & toast, followed by a general ignorance of the fact I even own a bike, followed by 10 miles of warm, comfortable motorway driving.

MTFU :D
    --
    Chris

• mcj78
    Sketchley wrote:
    mcj78 wrote:

MTFU :D

I'll see if I have any left in the cupboard for tomorrow - any spontaneously levitating wheelie bins tomorrow morning render this arrangement null et void though! :wink:
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex