2012 Team Kits

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    For people who want to spend their forum browsing time stroking Hoogerland's arse:

464732273.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    Looks like Boonen's going to be in light blue http://www.quickstepcycling.eu/en/news/ ... jersey/635

(with a hint of Green if that website is right, which isn't ideal for him).
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    quickstep

20111205-170608.jpg?w=595

20111205-170617.jpg?w=595
    cartoon.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    Seems I won't be buying the 2012 QS kit.
  • I think it is pretty cool. Shame it doesn't tie in too well top and bottom, but still v good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Doobz
    I think it is pretty cool. Shame it doesn't tie in too well top and bottom, but still v good.

I think the back will line up a bit better when riders are on their bike.. Reminds me a bit of the old Leopard colours..
    cartoon.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    Didn't realise Boonen was back on the specialized again.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    edited December 2011
    If they're riding in that colour then surely they should really be riding Bianchi;

Jan-Ullrich-2003-to_166896p.jpg

1982BianchiCompioneDItalia.jpg
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Doobz wrote:
    quickstep

20111205-170608.jpg?w=595

Looks good, more Leopard colours, but guess they wont be needing it next season!
  • I have just been on the Leopard Trek site. It is boasting about the new team (Radioshack Nissan Trek) and talks of the main company behind the team being being Leopard SA.

Plus, in the photos of their current training camp in Calme, some of the Radioshack riders are on Leopard trek coloured madones. Does that mean anything? will the new radioshack kit be baby blue??

Busche and Zubeldia can also be seen putting on Northwave shoes. Zubeldia's are - you guessed it - baby blue and white!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I love the QS kit - very nice.
  • Getty
    7dd3a68ec45b5677a7fb55dd8e377319-getty-507598286.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    You can just see how much they are enjoying modelling for that picture :lol:
  • Not sure how that kit is gonna stand out much in the peloton though. Looks like a mix between Leopard Trek and Saxobank.
  • Doobz
    Rabobank Bikes

465680122.jpg

465681450.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Doobz wrote:
    Rabobank Bikes

465680122.jpg

465681450.jpg

Nice to see compact road frames making a comeback (only because that's what I ride!)
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Plus, in the photos of their current training camp in Calme, some of the Radioshack riders are on Leopard trek coloured madones. Does that mean anything? will the new radioshack kit be baby blue??

They're still under contract with Leopard Trek. Teams contracts normally (read always) run until the end of the year/late in the year so they still have to ride in their Leopard-Trek kit and bikes until the contract expires.

Equally the new kit could be the same colours as Leopard kit. But that's highly unlikely as Radioshack (the actual sponsor's stores/website e.t.c.) has distinctly red branding across the board.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    EKIMIKE wrote:

They're still under contract with Leopard Trek. Teams contracts normally (read always) run until the end of the year/late in the year so they still have to ride in their Leopard-Trek kit and bikes until the contract expires.

Equally the new kit could be the same colours as Leopard kit. But that's highly unlikely as Radioshack (the actual sponsor's stores/website e.t.c.) has distinctly red branding across the board.

Zubeldia is coming from Radioshack though isn't he?
  • Yeah he is, if you look at the photos you'll see him in RS kit and the LT shoes. Plus in reply to Ekimike, it is some of the RS riders, in RS kit riding LT madones. So you have Radioshack riders on Leopard Trek bikes. Now, that's not what we would expect contract wise is it?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Same jersey as this year:

mark_renshaw_600.jpg
  • Doobz
    cofidis

20111208-100811.jpg?w=595
    cartoon.jpg
  • AG2R
    kuota.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Doobz
    green edge?

20111209-220843.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Looks pretty 'official' with the SMS logo on there.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    FDJ BigMat

1472-equipe-cycliste-fdj-bigmat-la-tenue-officielle-2012.jpg
  • GreenEdge
    greenedge.jpg

AG2R
    kuota+1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    GreenEdge
    greenedge.jpg

Is that Matt Goss in the background, far right?
  • TMR
    Does anyone know when Garmin-Cervelo release their 2012 kit?
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Doobz wrote:
    green edge?

20111209-220843.jpg

May be a temporary kit for the Aussie nationals. They're making a big deal about launching the kit 'proper' at Tour Down Under.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell