Worlds Men's TT (probable spoilers later)

Comments

• Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245
    My money is on Martin. Canc hasn't been that special this year (has he? can't remember first half of the season)

Canc has been super strong this season, just hasn't won much cos the entire peleton have ridden against him. TT in vuelta wasn't his greatest and he was only beaten by Martin in the tour cos Martin started in the dry and Fab in the wet. I think he had a podium in every race he was in in the early spring classics up until amstel, so usnure of his form atm...
  • he was only beaten by Martin in the tour cos Martin started in the dry and Fab in the wet
    Might be more equal this time, with both riding on wet roads...
  • Will.C wrote:
    My money is on Martin. Canc hasn't been that special this year (has he? can't remember first half of the season)

Canc has been super strong this season, just hasn't won much cos the entire peloton have ridden against him. TT in vuelta wasn't his greatest and he was only beaten by Martin in the tour cos Martin started in the dry and Fab in the wet. I think he had a podium in every race he was in in the early spring classics up until amstel, so usnure of his form atm...

Its still a bad sign if he hasn't won anything, although perhaps his whole season has just been preperation for the worlds...who knows?
  • Or maybe, as Sean would put it, "the page has turned" and he's over the hill.
  • Or maybe, as Sean would put it, "the page has turned" and he's over the hill.

Think it's a bit premature to say that, all riders have good and bad seasons (or more accurately in this case - great or good seasons).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Wiggo always gets turned over by Martin though...

I agree but if he does suprise us (and he has that element this year) then I am in for the win! Otherwise it's only a fiver!
  • Light rain coming down now...
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • More important discussion to be had...who has the best national TT skinsuit (inspired by Brajkovic's horrific creation). I'm going for Swiss or NZ. What do others think?

and no...my account hasn't been hacked by Frenchfighter!
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Grabsch barely looks like he's moving turning that big gear. I think technically a lower cadence gives you better aerodynamics doesn't it? I'm sure I read something where Obree was saying that ideally you'd turn the biggest gear you could manage at the slow cadence.
  • graeme_s-2
    Great first lap by Wiggins. Love his style on a TT bike, his torso looks so still it's like everything else is moving around his stationary body.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Grabsch barely looks like he's moving turning that big gear. I think technically a lower cadence gives you better aerodynamics doesn't it? I'm sure I read something where Obree was saying that ideally you'd turn the biggest gear you could manage at the slow cadence.

Funny to watch isn't it! Any idea what gear Grabsch is turning? He must be on something like a 56t chainring!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    :lol: so much for my Millar prediction.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    I am size bid on de Panzerwagon
    Contador is the Greatest
  • martin due to catch millar. put it down to late nights with the new babby.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • graeme_s-2
    Martin always looks like he's about to drop dead when he's doing a TT - great race face.
  • what have they got under their saddle?

not sure if all the riders have it but you can see it best on cancelleras bike
  • graeme_s-2
    Nice spotty blankets for the guys in the podium positions - really cool looking ;)
  • Must be horrible sitting in the podium seats with the camera in your face and knowing that your time is about to get destroyed and you'll probably finish 10th.
  • martin was bombing it first lap. Nice crowds, huge support for fuglpang
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Wiggin's number is flapping about, what happened to Sky's Marginal Gains?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • what have they got under their saddle?

On wiggins saddle it looks like it could be a radio (to save having it on his back)
  • Wooooooooooooo Martin killing them
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    what have they got under their saddle?

GPS transmitter? - the organisers are running with some GPS system that can tell who's fastest at any point on the course - not just the official checkpoints
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • it is the gps locator.........you know how at this race they seem to have everyones gps position but at other races they dont.....it is the locator

Well that is what ive been told numerous times anyway
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • Wiggins beats Grabsh at the finish by 15 secs so looking good for a bronze...
  • Lovely ride Wiggins and great helmet.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • graeme_s-2
    Waiting to see Westra cross the finish line and then go and plant one on the guy in the team car who's just spent the last hour yelling at him :lol:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Who called Westra earlier? Good call

Strava is not Zen.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Wiggins could take 2nd here, Canc slowing a bit.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Is Cancellara slipping? With 15km to go, and 15 seconds is there still a chance that Wiggo can get Silver?