Anyone regularly using lights yet?

13»

Comments

• I run an Exposure 6 pack front and 3 1 watt smart thingies on the the back, 1 on the seat stay positioned horizontally and 1 each bolted on the mud guard bosses pointing slightly down to make a massive red area on the road behind me. Seems to work ok.
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Winterising the bike at the moment and just discovered that the clamp for my LD1100 doesn't fit the new seatpost, being significantly bigger on the new bike. £3 for a larger one! Still, will have the RSP Astrum for the time being. Good enough so far.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Been using a rear flashing jobbie on the back when it's a bit gloomy. Still in shorts'n'tee tho
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Have any of you District folk had the problem with the connectors from older-than-2010 Visions not fitting? Hope told me mine won't be waterproof, so I've pretty much decided to buy the new R4 and flog the Vision 2 - annoying it's not made clear anywhere though.
  • Having seen a couple of scary videos on Youtube with motorists pulling out into bikes in daylight, I'm now pretty well lit up.

Exposure Strada (awesome light) on the bars alongside a Smart Mini LED flashing on the bars, a Cateye tdl1100 on the rear with a Trek Ember on my helmet rear on strobe, and now a Topeak Headlux on my helmet too. Can never be too careful!
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    1st shift back tomorrow after a month off :cry:
    Will be lit up like a Christmas tree!
    2 x no-name red LEDs on rucksack
    2 x bar-end red LEDs from DX
    1 x Cateye TL-LD610 LED White Lens Rear Light
    1 x Knog Gecko, forward facing white LED on seatpost.
    1 x P7 front MagicShine
    1 x P7 torch (501b)
    2 x helmet mounted Poundland 'flea' type LED's (white front, red rear)
    Hi-viz jersey and tabard; reflective 'snap n slap' type ankle bands.
    3M spoke reflectors.

Old chinese proverb, 'if they are laughing at you, at least they've seen you'...Confucious

This might seem like overkill, but there have been 3 serious RTA's within a 10-mile radius of my house in the last 3 months (I have an 11-mile commute) and I'd rather not become the next statistic!
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    First ride home today with the new Ayup on the bike. I was very glad to have it in the down poor that we had and it definitely seemed to increase my road presence as there were a few cars in side roads and random iPed's that looked like they were about to leap in front of me but though better of it. The next trial will be Richmond Park after dark.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • I've had mine on when it's been getting a bit darker. I'm currently using knog frog strobes front and rear which are great but will be needing a new primary rear light as my last one (rsp nite wave) came loose and was run over by a jeep. This time I want something that will fit much more securely to my rack which I believe has mounting points for a cat eye light. Any suggestions as to what I would need to mount one securely and what to get?

It's becoming expensive this cycling lark...
    Specialized Secteur - FCN 6
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Sheikhus wrote:
    ...It's becoming expensive this cycling lark...

The newbie speaks the truth.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Yes well in fairness I was warned but chose to ignore!
    Specialized Secteur - FCN 6
  • Sheikhus wrote:
    I've had mine on when it's been getting a bit darker. I'm currently using knog frog strobes front and rear which are great but will be needing a new primary rear light as my last one (rsp nite wave) came loose and was run over by a jeep. This time I want something that will fit much more securely to my rack which I believe has mounting points for a cat eye light. Any suggestions as to what I would need to mount one securely and what to get?

It's becoming expensive this cycling lark...

My LD1100 screwed straight onto my rack, I just used a couple of 1.5" self-tappers
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Sheikhus wrote:
    This time I want something that will fit much more securely to my rack which I believe has mounting points for a cat eye light. Any suggestions as to what I would need to mount one securely and what to get?.

If it doesn't just screw on - my Cateye didn't - then you need one of these.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-rear-carrier-mounting/
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    prb007 wrote:
    1st shift back tomorrow after a month off :cry:
    Will be lit up like a Christmas tree!
    2 x no-name red LEDs on rucksack
    2 x bar-end red LEDs from DX
    1 x Cateye TL-LD610 LED White Lens Rear Light
    1 x Knog Gecko, forward facing white LED on seatpost.
    1 x P7 front MagicShine
    1 x P7 torch (501b)
    2 x helmet mounted Poundland 'flea' type LED's (white front, red rear)
    Hi-viz jersey and tabard; reflective 'snap n slap' type ankle bands.
    3M spoke reflectors.

Old chinese proverb, 'if they are laughing at you, at least they've seen you'...Confucious

This might seem like overkill, but there have been 3 serious RTA's within a 10-mile radius of my house in the last 3 months (I have an 11-mile commute) and I'd rather not become the next statistic!

pictures paint a thousand words...
    http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... as%20tree/

the bar end lights were just over a quid each - they are vibration sensitive and
    very effective as an addition to the cateye rear, IMHO
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/bike-bar-e ... ag10-55370
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Hope 2 + District

P1000192-PS-1.jpg