Vuelta Stage 17**Spoiler**

Comments

• FJS wrote:
    Any reason why Taaramae abandoned? was he caught up in the pile up?
    No, no information given, and no big crash reported. Perhaps he's taking some rest to prepare for Estonia's bid for Worlds glory :wink:
    I think Rick meant yesterday's crash. I don't know for sure, but yesterday's stage results suggest he probably was caught in it - he came in 3:31 down, ahead of only 9 riders, 3 of whom sat up to nurse Rodriguez home.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    I'm encouraged to see those Twitter messages. They might make no difference to the outcome but at least the sky riders are going into the stage in an attacking frame of mind.
    Assumin they haven't just left their mobiles with some PR girl... :wink::wink:
    Rich
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Eventful stage this - that big group brought back by Katusha - J-Rod feeling good again? So, no break after 120 km. mmmm
    In that chase Poels was dropped, but brought back into the peloton by much of the Vacansoleil team

Looks like plenty of teams have big plans for today...
  • any live video feed as yet? I checked the usual itv4 and rtve.es and not up yet.
  • Oh, great:

(from Eurosport feed) "If Wiggins and Froome want to do something on the final climb today, they're going to have to defy a whole load of Spanish supporters dressed up as bison. Rumour has it whole bus loads have arrived from Cantabria, the nearby region of race leader Juan Jose Cobo, and are donning the outfits in homage to the red jersey, whose nickname is 'the bison' due to his stocky build."

:roll:
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    FJS wrote:
    Eventful stage this - that big group brought back by Katusha - J-Rod feeling good again? So, no break after 120 km. mmmm
    In that chase Poels was dropped, but brought back into the peloton by much of the Vacansoleil team

Looks like plenty of teams have big plans for today...

Or maybe Moreno instead for this one?

Dont like that chat about Poels being dropped- my PTP pick today :roll:
  • aha I have the sweeney on ITV 4.com lol hope the race is on soon
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    greeny12 wrote:
    Oh, great:

(from Eurosport feed) "If Wiggins and Froome want to do something on the final climb today, they're going to have to defy a whole load of Spanish supporters dressed up as bison. Rumour has it whole bus loads have arrived from Cantabria, the nearby region of race leader Juan Jose Cobo, and are donning the outfits in homage to the red jersey, whose nickname is 'the bison' due to his stocky build."

Wait... are there lots of supporters all dressed up lots of bisons, or one bison? Because I'll be honest, I'd like to see Wiggo or Froome attack, but I'd prefer to see a humongous man-bison. That just sounds cool.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    greeny12 wrote:
    Oh, great:

And no doubt, being Spanish cattle, they're all drunk on clenbutanol.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    What a road :shock:
  • Well, I'd say Cobo has a great chance of putting more time into his lead today.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    geox setting quite a pace here
  • So far so bad for Sky....
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • FJS
    boni sprint coming up in just over 10 km with peloton regrouped...
  • FJS
    Katusha riding all out - for a recovered J-Rod, for Moreno, or the start of a grand Spanish alliance?
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    wiggins conspicuous by his absence
  • Dan Martin off up the road - Wiggo not that far back
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    edited September 2011
    Keenan reckon that Wiggo is in the front group-I aint seen him still

EDIT: He's on Cobo's wheel
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    If Sky are going to try something, they better think about doiing it soon.
  • Wiggin right on Cobo's ar*e
  • Tom BB
    Oh Jeez Keenan is excelling himself today in terms of bullsh!t spouted :x
  • Nothing doing yet for GC at 3km to go
  • VDB off

J Rod sooffrin
  • J Rod popped
  • Frookme tracking Cobo, Wiggins down a bit
  • Tom BB
    Froome looking good....Wiggo slipping slightly on that steep bit
  • C'mon Froome!
  • Tom BB
    Cobo goes-Froome following. Wiggo cracking.
  • Froome goes!!!