Specialized Recall

13»

Comments

• Highy
    Highy Posts: 38
    Took my sirrus elite into LBS today for replacement forks and asked to see the replacements before fitting (expecting the matt version) ; they are the same gloss finish as the originals - only difference that I could see was the square grey label at the top of each leg which identifies it as one of the replacement forks.
  • Hi guys,

I registered specifically to post a reply to this thread. Basically, I purchased a 2011 Specialized Tricross from Tredz in Swansea, in July this year. On the second day riding in to work, at the bottom of a relatively steep 1/4 mile long descent, my brake popped out of the brake boss of the carbon fibre forks.

I took the bike back to Tredz to take a look, and they reassured me that they'd never seen this happen before and couldn't believe it could happen. So they contacted Specialized who said to replace it.

Day one of my new identical Tricross, the same thing happened.

I took the bike back to Tredz, who by now were extremely concerned. They were apologetic and happily took the bike back whilst they spoke to Specialized. The next day, they had the engineer who designed the bike for Specialized in San Francisco on the phone speaking to them personally. Apparently, my two bikes were the first and only cases that they were aware of...

By now I had lost faith in this model, and although Specialized offered me the top of the line Tricross at no extra cost, it had the same fork...

I got a full refund. I've not really thought much about it since then, but I decided to find out whether there were similar problems noted by now... appears Specialized are now recalling this model?

I'll post a couple of photos...

Rich