Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Vuelta Stage 4 ***Spoiler***

Sonny73Sonny73 Posts: 2,604
edited August 2011 in Pro race
Break with 8'03" over peloton containing 7 riders:
Bonnafond. Toribio. Bagot. Vogranov. Rohregger. De Kort. Busche.
«134

Posts

  • frenchfighterfrenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237viafx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Cavendish retirado.
  • jibberjimjibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Cavendish climbs off...
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • cal_stewartcal_stewart Posts: 1,839
    cav out
    eating parmos since 1981

    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • FCE2007FCE2007 Posts: 709
    Cav abandoned..
    Powered by Haribo.
  • FJSFJS Posts: 4,820
    Now, sprinters tend to leave the Vuelta early, but this is very early...
  • cal_stewartcal_stewart Posts: 1,839
    great minds
    eating parmos since 1981

    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • cal_stewartcal_stewart Posts: 1,839
    double post
    eating parmos since 1981

    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 46,776 Lives Here
    Seems very early.

    How will this affect his world's prep?
  • afx237viafx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The morale more than the legs, perhaps. Can't be easy racing for a team that won't exist in a few weeks.
  • FJSFJS Posts: 4,820
    And what is Rabobank riding for at the front?
  • cameronecamerone Posts: 1,232
    why did Goss withdraw? ill I think, any chance this is linked?. Cav has been out of sorts since the start of this race
  • FJSFJS Posts: 4,820
    afx237vi wrote:
    The morale more than the legs, perhaps. Can't be easy racing for a team that won't exist in a few weeks.
    The only chance to become world champion for many years, maybe the only chance of his career?
  • slimreaperslimreaper Posts: 738
    So Cav pulls out. 3 GT's too much to ask then. Can't imagine the other two have been particularly easy for sprinters, then the vuelta to follow. Rather him than me.
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 14,464
    I'd thought he would have abandoned on the rest day.
    Believe that a farther shore
    Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles
    And cures and healing wells
  • frenchfighterfrenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Wow, nothing like Cav to spark a hundred posts.

    Too hot.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237viafx237vi Posts: 12,630
    FJS wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    The morale more than the legs, perhaps. Can't be easy racing for a team that won't exist in a few weeks.
    The only chance to become world champion for many years, maybe the only chance of his career?

    That's what makes it odd. He needs permission off the UCI to race elsewhere now, doesn't he?
  • Neil McCNeil McC Posts: 625
    Me thinks Illness has struck HTC camp.

    Could be a likely reason, Goss abandoned through illness and they were rooming together.
  • FJSFJS Posts: 4,820
    And in the meantime, still, what is Rabobank riding for? Even if Kruiswijk or Mollema feel good, a bit bizarre
  • pat1cppat1cp Posts: 763
    Cav tweeted last night something like "If that was a cat 3 climb at the finish this is going to be a savage Vuelta".

    No indication that he may climb off today.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 46,776 Lives Here
    FJS wrote:
    And in the meantime, still, what is Rabobank riding for? Even if Kruiswijk or Mollema feel good, a bit bizarre

    Punishment for yesterday's poor effort?
  • LeicesterLadLeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    pat1cp wrote:
    Cav tweeted last night something like "If that was a cat 3 climb at the finish this is going to be a savage Vuelta".

    No indication that he may climb off today.

    If he was ill he wouldn't have tweeted about it, He's always saying he can never show any sing of weakness to his oponents.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 46,776 Lives Here
    Who was the last rider to win the worlds without riding at least a week in the Vuelta?
  • emaddenemadden Posts: 2,431
    Neil McC wrote:
    Me thinks Illness has struck HTC camp.

    Could be a likely reason, Goss abandoned through illness and they were rooming together.
    a la PDM ? :lol:
    **************************************************
    www.dotcycling.com
    ***************************************************
  • Sonny73Sonny73 Posts: 2,604
    edited August 2011
    Very strung out already, quite a pace the Rabobank boys are setting!
  • FJSFJS Posts: 4,820
    Who was the last rider to win the worlds without riding at least a week in the Vuelta?
    TommekeTommeke?
  • FJSFJS Posts: 4,820
    FJS wrote:
    And in the meantime, still, what is Rabobank riding for? Even if Kruiswijk or Mollema feel good, a bit bizarre

    Punishment for yesterday's poor effort?
    Perhaps. Bit old-fashioned ;)
  • Sonny73Sonny73 Posts: 2,604
    Kloden looking cooked, he did say he didn't have the legs for anything amazing at this Vuelta.
Sign In or Register to comment.