Have you shaved your legs?

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Yes, ofc, as I'm female. But a HUGE + 1 to dudos.

Hairy legs and lycra look shite,(depending on hairyness). Plus I find it easier to massage non hairy legs. It did take some time to get used to the idea of a man shaving his legs but there's not really a way back once you're there.

Love n hugs

DD
    Come on DD, be honest, you've got legs like a Yeti's back :wink::lol:

Look honey, you know the SP at the moment, please don't let on that we may or may not have met. You'll be the next forumite to meet a sticky end otherwise.

Love n hugs

DD

Either that or become known as Number 4.

You're more than just a number Matt! :wink:
    Maybe i shuold create an alta ego/id......... No4
    :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    Yes.

I know it's wrong but:

1) My legs don't look dirty
    2) It stops a friend pulling them out, one by one every time she sees me!
    Justice for the 96
    Yes.

I know it's wrong but:

1) My legs don't look dirty
    2) It stops a friend pulling them out, one by one every time she sees me!
    Justice for the 96
  • airbusboy
    airbusboy Posts: 231
    Easier to apply suncream in summer!!

Less Mud and Crap sticks to them on winter road/mtb rides.

Easier to dry after the shower

Feels good

Looks good

I use racing as the main excuse.... and that's almost over for this year.....
    :(
    'Ride hard for those who can't.....'
    airbusboy wrote:

Feels good

Looks good

Not sure if they look better? Need a woman's view on that.
    Justice for the 96
    airbusboy wrote:

Feels good

Looks good

Justice for the 96
    airbusboy wrote:

Feels good

Looks good

Justice for the 96
    Sorry posting it x 3. Dodgy button.
    Justice for the 96
  • It's just wrong for road cyclists, get a dress and a wig too if you wanna.... Graham Obree never did so none of us ever should need to.
    MTB'ing I now could understand someone wanting to do it- less chance of a tick grabbing hold of you on a tight trail when your legs are getting scrubbed by heather etc
  • Great thread, I love all the rubbish excuses- why can't people who shave just be honest and say I shave because they like it, I don't shave but don't care what folk like to get up to.

I don't shave, makes no difference in a massage, if sticky plasters rip a few hairs out when I peel them off guess what, I'm tough enough to cope, my legs are brown because I've been riding in the alps not because I've shaved them. The rubber grippers on my shorts don't hurt. I don't need to be motivated to ride by the fear of looking odd without an excuse, I'm motivated by riding.

I was in a sportive at the weekend and the sight of 50+ year old fat men in the showers who came in a hour after me with shaved legs made me snigger. I love over taking people on bikes worth twice mine with shaved legs- you can't shave or buy your self into being good if you don't put in the miles.

Dave Millar said in his book he only shaved the front of his legs for winter team photo shoots- top lad.
    Road: Scott Expert
    Mountain: Genesis Altitude 10
    Commuter: once was 1996 Specialized Rock Hopper A1
    Great thread, I love all the rubbish excuses- why can't people who shave just be honest and say I shave because they like it, I don't shave but don't care what folk like to get up to.

I don't shave, makes no difference in a massage, if sticky plasters rip a few hairs out when I peel them off guess what, I'm tough enough to cope, my legs are brown because I've been riding in the alps not because I've shaved them. The rubber grippers on my shorts don't hurt. I don't need to be motivated to ride by the fear of looking odd without an excuse, I'm motivated by riding.

I was in a sportive at the weekend and the sight of 50+ year old fat men in the showers who came in a hour after me with shaved legs made me snigger. I love over taking people on bikes worth twice mine with shaved legs- you can't shave or buy your self into being good if you don't put in the miles.

Dave Millar said in his book he only shaved the front of his legs for winter team photo shoots- top lad.

You mean, it doesn't make you faster? I've got go faster strips! LOL
    Justice for the 96
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Great thread, I love all the rubbish excuses- why can't people who shave just be honest and say I shave because they like it, I don't shave but don't care what folk like to get up to.

Does beg the question, what are your doing hanging around in the showers for an hour for? Surely it's not to catch a glimpse of those shaven legged 50+ year old fat men!!
  • Great thread, I love all the rubbish excuses- why can't people who shave just be honest and say I shave because they like it, I don't shave but don't care what folk like to get up to.

Does beg the question, what are your doing hanging around in the showers for an hour for? Surely it's not to catch a glimpse of those shaven legged 50+ year old fat men!!

I wonder if there's a cottagers' sportive century ride just for Paul - 100 metres then four hours in the showers, only open to bears?
  • Roadtart
    Roadtart Posts: 54
    I like having shaved legs. No excuses or reasons. It's my preference, and choice, to do it.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    It's just wrong for road cyclists, get a dress and a wig too if you wanna.... Graham Obree never did so none of us ever should need to.
    MTB'ing I now could understand someone wanting to do it- less chance of a tick grabbing hold of you on a tight trail when your legs are getting scrubbed by heather etc

No, no, no, no, NO!

MTB + hair = Sorted
    Road + hair = NO.

@1892 You have your response, sorry guys but IMHO shaved is the way forward.

Love n hugs

DD

Yes, I am stereotyping, so what who gives a ....
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I did once to see what it was like. Have to report it looked smart but didn't make me go any quicker up or down hill so I never bothered again.
    I was knocked off today & my smooth legs made it easier to clean. Although, they do need shaving again.
    Justice for the 96
  • I shave my legs (only recently) and wouldn't go back! I think someone has already said it on here, but it helps motivate me to go out, but to be honest the main reason for it, is that it makes me look pro, even if i dont ride like one. And everybody likes to look like a pro!

6066188449_5a3b1e8086.jpg

Probably shot myself in the foot putting a picture up!!

(p.s ignore the spotty shorts!)
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    I shave my legs (only recently) and wouldn't go back! I think someone has already said it on here, but it helps motivate me to go out, but to be honest the main reason for it, is that it makes me look pro, even if i dont ride like one. And everybody likes to look like a pro!

You seem to have a rather bad shaving rash on your thighs :-)
    I shave my legs (only recently) and wouldn't go back! I think someone has already said it on here, but it helps motivate me to go out, but to be honest the main reason for it, is that it makes me look pro, even if i dont ride like one. And everybody likes to look like a pro!

No, can't see a hole in your foot! You must've missed.
    Justice for the 96

No, can't see a hole in your foot! You must've missed.
    Justice for the 96
  • Have done in the past when I was fitter but not bothered this year 'cos I is sh1t. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
    Have done in the past when I was fitter but not bothered this year 'cos I is sh1t. :lol:

@ shaving?
    Justice for the 96
  • yenrod
    yenrod Posts: 135
    blatchcorn wrote:
    If so what's your excuse?

Ive done it for SOO long now it doesnt feel the same when it grows back...tho its not uncomfortable when its fully grown BUT its the in-between time period that feels WIERD ! ! !
    [;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]
    Going to do mine now.
    Justice for the 96
  • Did the Etape du tour last year so got the missus to wax my legs. I'm not a very hairy person anyway but thought it would be a bit of fun.

Firstly, waxing doesn't hurt that much. No matter what women try and make out.

Secondly, I wasn't sure how far up to go so I did end up looking like I was wearing a pair of slightly hairy hotpants.

I don't know if it's to do with waxing as opposed to shaving but my leg hair literally took months to grow back.
  • Stoo48
    Stoo48 Posts: 54
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    It's just wrong for road cyclists, get a dress and a wig too if you wanna.... Graham Obree never did so none of us ever should need to.

No, no, no, no, NO!

MTB + hair = Sorted
    Road + hair = NO.

@1892 You have your response, sorry guys but IMHO shaved is the way forward.

Love n hugs

DD

Yes, I am stereotyping, so what who gives a ....

DD

What about those of us who ride Road and MTB? 1 leg hairy and 1 shaved, or the David Millar approach and just shave the fronts?

Forum is keeping me sane for the next 4 weeks after an instantaneous loss of talent on the MTB, now nursing a broken arm......
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    To be honest, I find shaving my face enough of a pain - life's just too short for unnecessary shaving...

BTW - this stuff about road rash being easier to deal with when you have shaved legs... welll yeesss but you can always just shave the effected patch at the time. I managed to get a big road rash like graze (rock) climbing recently (technically falling but you know what I mean). Took a razor to the area before I cleaned and dressed it. Shaving didnt hurt (well at least not noticeably over the background pain!).