edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
If so what's your excuse?

Comments

• plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    werewolf time otherwise. :oops: :oops:
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    It looks awesome, and not shaving your legs marks you out as a useless chipper.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,609
    P_Tucker wrote:
    It looks awesome, and not shaving your legs marks you out as a useless chipper.
    I'm a useless chipper, who gets childish delight in passing cyclists with their aoredynamically more efficient legs. Plus I catch free protein, in the form of flies, in the hairs on my legs, if I'm feeling peckish.
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    i like it - even took up cycling so i could lol
    i need more bikes
  • I shaved my legs once, the missus said it was like sleeping next to a raw chicken....I haven't bothered since!
    Mad as a box of badgers
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    Yes. Apart from the usual reasons it motivates me to ride. When people take the Michael I can say that I am a cyclist which means that I have to ride otherwise I would be lying :-)

I also think I look like a pro when I see my reflection in a shop window. I am, possibly, slightly deluded.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I did mine half-jokingly for sportive in Spring, and then did them again a few weeks after. Wife no like, so I'm hairy again now.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Yup. It's the way forward. Get it done!
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • neilo23 wrote:

I also think I look like a pro when I see my reflection in a shop window. I am, possibly, slightly deluded.

Amen to that :wink:
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    My ex used to get annoyed because she couldn't get her legs as smooth as mine :-)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Our very very hot Receptionist says she prefers a hairless man so I'm tempted...

(but not that tempted)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • It just makes me feel good and my woman likes it!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ddraver wrote:
    Our very very hot Receptionist says she prefers a hairless man so I'm tempted...

(but not that tempted)

All that means is that she spends too much time watching a particular genre of videos on the internet.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ^That was my response....She did nt laugh. I claimed it was lost in translation (she's a local) but I don't think I got away with it :cry:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ddraver wrote:
    ^That was my response....She did nt laugh. I claimed it was lost in translation (she's a local) but I don't think I got away with it :cry:

Probably cut a little too close to the bone...
  • Slack
    Slack Posts: 326
    I do it and like it, despite being a pain to do. I liek the feel of my legs on the bedsheets and trousers.

My missus hates it.
    Plymouthsteve for councillor!!
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I got a tattoo & shaved em for that, I must admit I guite like the feel & am pleased they've got a bit of colours this summer.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    No, because i'm 24.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    anto164 wrote:
    No, because i'm 24 stone.
  • lifeform
    lifeform Posts: 126
    Yes.

Excuses I've trotted out thus far;

a) The rubbery band on the bottom of the shorts pulls the hair like fury (it did)
    b) Chain oil is easier to remove (it is)
    c) Because it's the only hairloss I'm in control of DAMNIT (sadly it is)
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    No.

Don't get a massage after my rides. Don't fall off regularly so cleaning wounds is not a specific risk and am neither convinced by, or would particularly benefit from any aerodynamic benefit.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,662

Probably cut a little too close to the bone...

Not the best metaphor to use in a forum question about men shaving their *legs*! :shock:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Jason82
    Jason82 Posts: 142
    My mate has half convinced me too apparently it's easier to put plasters on with no hair for when I fall off. Also it's nicer when getting massaged allegedly so I might give it a go.
    Missing a Boardman cx team
    FCN = 9
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    I did it once it see what all the fuss was about, I quite like the feeling but the Mrs wasn't keen and it didn't make me any faster, so I've gone back to being hairy.
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    No, I'm actually hairy on ogre levels, and to have perfectly smooth legs would just look weird.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    neilo23 wrote:
    Yes. Apart from the usual reasons it motivates me to ride. When people take the Michael I can say that I am a cyclist which means that I have to ride otherwise I would be lying :-)

WHS ^^^^^^

:D
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    My wife loves it, makes me legs look powerful, easier to tan, does help with massages.
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    I just like to have hair on my body trimmed back when it gets too dense/long.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    i shave mine as for they are far too lovely to be obscured by a thick bristly layer of man hair.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Crispybug wrote:
    I shaved my legs once, the missus said it was like sleeping next to a raw chicken....I haven't bothered since!

Get a new one

Real men shave - real wives learn to love it.