Have you shaved your legs?

Comments

• Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    My g/f like me shaved. Oh, we're talking legs here. Forget that. :lol:
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    I massage myself (snigger) after long rides. You don't need another person to reach most of the muscles used riding. And hairless legs are more practical for embrocation in wet and cold weather.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    I do when I'm properly training for a target event - it works as a motivational tool for me to ride no matter what. If I've got shaved legs and I'm riding lots, I'm a serious cyclist; if I've got shaved legs and I"m not riding, I'm just a weirdo who shaves my legs.

I think my girlfriend finds me a little less attractive every time she catches me with the Bic razor, mind.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Nah, t'missus complains - that I use up all her veet :wink:
  • I just like it. The feel, the look, and the way that being a skinny bugger, my muscles show through a bit better. I have had some admiring glances in the past. Anything that shows off my muscles is a good thing to me (It is when you are very skinny and wish you weren't...)

Course I might just be self delusional and look like a poof... :wink:
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    More likely to get dumped and then have to try to explain to the next potential GF why my legs are smooth and my ass crack looks like a geological fissure in the Brazilian Rainforest.... i get it for the pro's needing to race day after day but otherwise, I'm not convinced for us civilians.
  • neilo23
    Body builders shave their bodies but nobody takes the p1ss out of them because they don't look like whippets on hunger strike :-)
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    I'm not:

(a) a pro; or
    (b) a woman

So I voted no.

:wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    neilo23 wrote:
    Body builders shave their bodies but nobody takes the p1ss out of them because they don't look like whippets on hunger strike :-)

Really?

Guy in my office gets ripped harder than I do for bulking up and shaving.

(not that I shave or bulk up. People just generally like taking the p!ss).
  • neilo23
    neilo23 wrote:

Really?

You haven't met the lads who work for me then :-)
  • neilo23
    neilo23 wrote:
    neilo23 wrote:

Really?

You haven't met the lads who work for me then :-)

Although they are also the only ones who don't find it strange that I shave my legs (even though the bush on my chest pokes out from under my shirt).
  • P_Tucker wrote:
    It looks awesome, and not shaving your legs marks you out as a useless chipper.

I don't shave my legs and I like it for precisely this reason. I like dishing out pain to the boys with shaved legs that justify it for all sorts of irrelevant reasons.

I get a monthly massage and don't have a problem with hairy legs.

If I started road racing more often, I might consider it in case some wally caused me to hit the deck. But riding on my own, in TT's, sportives or my club's chaingang, I just don't see the need for it.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I'm a non leg shaver - but as Mrs Rubertoe routinely points out

"your not really that hairy are you"

to prove this point when i had my leg tattooed - the tattooist was ready with razor in hand - he took one look at my pins and said "i don't think i need to bother."
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    yes because i am a sheep and its what cyclists do. i baa therefore i am.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Roadtart
    Roadtart Posts: 54
    I do, and the girlie likes it....I don't use her Veet, and she doesn't use my disposables, seemples.

The legs do look good for it, so I've been told, in shorts (on Friday dress-downs). The legs glistening with perspiration.....after a good blast. What could be better? Oh, yeah.....the massage afterwards!

Tip 1 - never wear shorts that are shorter (or ride higher) than your bike shorts (lycra's), because the tan line is the brunt of much p-taking when it gets spotted!

Tip 2 - after shaving, MOISTURISE! The itching that starts about 12 hours after shaving just doesn't happen if you MOISTURISE! (this applies to your face as well as your legs). Johnson's is as good as anything.

Got the shaving down to an art now (both legs in under ten minutes), and have only ever cut myself once, on the second ever shave (oh, it did smart somewhat!).
  • On ya bike!
    Team Madison Genesis Volare & Condor Super Acciaio
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Now my legs are growing i shaved, wait for it!

Just above my left knee to see muscle definition and also to see what the fuss was about!

My misses ripped me for weeks and weeks!

Last fooking time i do that, even though i am contemplating just going all out and doing them both, only because my pins are getting big

:lol:
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    morstar wrote:
    No.

Don't get a massage after my rides.

Maybe Ddraver's receptionist could oblige - that might tempt you.

Ddraver - is that her in your avatar?? ;)
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    No on the basis I am a 17st bus driver and would quite literally look like a fool. Also, my best mate is a barber, and he claims that my body hair is more dense than some peoples heads. I'd just look silly and could never imagine doing it. Mind you, I said I'd never wear lycra and that has happened. Still couldn't see it though.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • dudos
    dudos Posts: 10
    Yes. Why? It's Tradition.

http://davesbikeblog.blogspot.com/2008/ ... -only.html

It also looks "right". Hairy legs in lycra are WRONG!!!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Yes, ofc, as I'm female. But a HUGE + 1 to dudos.

Hairy legs and lycra look shite,(depending on hairyness). Plus I find it easier to massage non hairy legs. It did take some time to get used to the idea of a man shaving his legs but there's not really a way back once you're there.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Hairy legs and lycra look shite,(depending on hairyness). Plus I find it easier to massage non hairy legs. It did take some time to get used to the idea of a man shaving his legs but there's not really a way back once you're there.

Love n hugs

DD
    Come on DD, be honest, you've got legs like a Yeti's back :wink::lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Hairy legs and lycra look shite.

Yeah, but I have to give the other guys on the ride a chance.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    I had my legs waxed years ago for a halloween party and since then they've been a jungle,I would need an excuse or two (for example I was going to enter a Triathlon) before I went bare again. No problems with shaving anywhere else though :oops:
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Look honey, you know the SP at the moment, please don't let on that we may or may not have met. You'll be the next forumite to meet a sticky end otherwise.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Jason82
    Jason82 Posts: 142
    Getting more tempted to shave my legs now after reading more about it.
    Missing a Boardman cx team
    FCN = 9
  • Arghyrou
    Arghyrou Posts: 155
    Man up, shaving your legs is for women, firstly its so much better when you drill past a guy with his shaved legs, and you dont look like a tool when your not riding your bike. Sure at a high level consider it, otherwise just get on your bike and ride it hard instead of worrying about shaved legs? I just hink its silly really, push harder shave later...
  • DIESELDOG wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Look honey, you know the SP at the moment, please don't let on that we may or may not have met. You'll be the next forumite to meet a sticky end otherwise.

Love n hugs

DD

Either that or become known as Number 4.

You're more than just a number Matt! :wink:
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    i have the lower half of my right leg completely tattooed, so i did it before i got serious enough about cycling. plus several years squatting under a heavy barbell has left me with some nice pistons, if i do say so myself - no shame in giving people a gun show.
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Nope 'cos my missus would leave me, and she's told me that in no uncertain words :lol: