Time for the Plastic Bullets?

13»

Comments

• rjsterry wrote:
    Fair enough. I completely agree that society and the offenders need to receive appropriate punishment, and in some cases that should definitely mean prison, particularly those who burnt out the Carpet Right store in Tottenham, and Reeves in Croydon (to give a couple of examples). The piece was posted more in reaction to the more vivd revenge fantasists who were posting earlier.

Glad we agree. So now can we cut their goolies off?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,381
    rjsterry wrote:
    Fair enough. I completely agree that society and the offenders need to receive appropriate punishment, and in some cases that should definitely mean prison, particularly those who burnt out the Carpet Right store in Tottenham, and Reeves in Croydon (to give a couple of examples). The piece was posted more in reaction to the more vivd revenge fantasists who were posting earlier.

Glad we agree. So now can we cut their goolies off?
    :lol:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Forgive me if I retain sympathies for innocent victims who's lives may be ruined by criminal behaviour. A justice system needs to balance the desire to rehabilitate the perpetrator with wider society’s need to see appropriate punishment. It may well be that restorative justice yields the best results, in which case I’m all for it - just please don't patronise me about it.

Fair enough! It was a bit odd to put that hyperlink in there...
  • Sometimes the Guardian can be satirical and amusing without patronising
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Time for everyone to take the law into their own hands and crack open the...

LEGO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBW-nnR ... r_embedded

Instruction book here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Badass-LEGO-Gun ... roduct_top

So tempted to buy the book and build one or more of these beauties.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,381
    Ole Kirk Christiansen must be spinning in his grave.

I was wondering whether ITBs posts on a couple of threads yesterday would make a good riot control tactic. A couple of really big projectors and some saucy pics...
    A rioter wrote:
    Let's go and turn Currys over! F*** da poli... ...Phwoar! <drops flat screen telly on foot>
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition