Rapha Sample Sale

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Clever Pun wrote:
    There's a lot of gloves and hats (summer and winter) there

quite a few paul smith and club jerseys

I managed to leave some gloves there after paying for them...feck

pre-sales are certainly the way to go.. there was barely any medium there last night as one of our group couldn't find much so ended up buying a pink hooded top out of desperation :lol:

Just how much do you have to spend annually to get invited to the presale?

This to the man who owns Rapha espresso cups?

I wonder does he drink from while wearing the lobsters :D

brand recognition fail.. mask air is going to your head
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    lastant wrote:

5985994876_c25b6cb567.jpg

No bib tights or 3/4 then? Saves me a trip down there!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Arm warmers would have been nice but fooked if I going all that way then queuing, not unless there's free beers and or naked chicks inside.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I wonder does he drink from while wearing the lobsters :D

brand recognition fail.. mask air is going to your head

:D Still be funny to see...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Sketchley wrote:
    lastant wrote:

5985994876_c25b6cb567.jpg

No bib tights or 3/4 then? Saves me a trip down there!

They do have bibs, £40
    Only XL or XXL left... result?

Mostly full length, possibly a few 3/4, don't think I saw any shorts

(Well, only XL or XXL in abundance, might find a few others if you're lucky)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Clever Pun
    I found 2 pairs of bibs... just, and I snaffled them
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Was gonna order some 3/4's and can now go ahead given that there are none in the sale.

Feels like the right time to start planning for winter.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • dhope
    Was gonna order some 3/4's and can now go ahead given that there are none in the sale.

Feels like the right time to start planning for winter.

I got some large winter bibs, but there really weren't many left
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    Arrived at 11.30 (nice and early, beat the lunchtime rush I thought). Moved about half way down the queue outside in 40 minutes and had to give up. Not sure why it's so slow moving.
  • Clever Pun
    the massive queue to get out as people are paying with credit cards, one till takes cards one till takes cash

Bring cash
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • dhope
    Clever Pun wrote:
    the massive queue to get out as people are paying with credit cards, one till takes cards one till takes cash

Bring cash

Spotted you there this morning at about 10am, those calf tatts are a dead giveaway :lol:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    edited July 2011
    Que wasn't too bad - however, I can't abide the jumble sale, root through boxes in the hope I'm going to find something type approach - not my cup of tea.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,348
    The jumble sale setup was a bit annoying but I got used to it, I guess it's inevitable unless they have an army of staff refolding and sorting the clothes the whole time.

Managed to get some 3/4's and 2 jerseys, will be interesting to find out if Rapha is as nice as people say it is. Also got some 3/4's from Lidl yesterday so comparison should be fun!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • dhope
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    There's a lot of gloves and hats (summer and winter) there

quite a few paul smith and club jerseys

I managed to leave some gloves there after paying for them...feck

pre-sales are certainly the way to go.. there was barely any medium there last night as one of our group couldn't find much so ended up buying a pink hooded top out of desperation :lol:

Just how much do you have to spend annually to get invited to the presale?

£0 I just know people in the know #connected

I've not paid full whack for rapha in years 8)

I know of the 40% codes... do you get an extra super special secret squirrel code?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dugliss
    dugliss Posts: 235
    pangolin wrote:
    The jumble sale setup was a bit annoying but I got used to it, I guess it's inevitable unless they have an army of staff refolding and sorting the clothes the whole time.

Managed to get some 3/4's and 2 jerseys, will be interesting to find out if Rapha is as nice as people say it is. Also got some 3/4's from Lidl yesterday so comparison should be fun!

I got some 3/4's from lidl too, unfortunately much more in my price range
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Went back at lunchtime and landed a club jersey, Paul Smith winter jersey and some 3/4's so I'm happy.
    Now sat in the Worlds End in Camden with a cold beer before seeingKasabian at the Roundhouse tonight.

Today is a good day!
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • pangolin
    Me too usually! They were only £40 at Rapha this time though, not £150...

I suppose I should add the cost of lost work stood in a queue for an hour?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Went back at lunchtime and landed a club jersey, Paul Smith winter jersey and some 3/4's so I'm happy.
    Now sat in the Worlds End in Camden with a cold beer before seeingKasabian at the Roundhouse tonight.

Today is a good day!

Watch out for the queue. We went to See Paul Simon on first day of iTunes Festival. Despite being there 45mins before start of gig we didn't get in until 30mins after he came on stage and there were still people in queue. If was first day and maybe they have sorted it out but..... I would buy some beer from Morrison's and get in the queue early!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • gingernash
    gingernash Posts: 123
    Just got back!

It has quietened down a lot, no queue outside and no real queue at the tills.

In terms of what's NOT there:

- jackets
    - longs
    - bibs

They appear to have lots of:

- casual clothing
    - gloves, caps and arm warmers
    - Paul Smith jerseys
    - country jerseys
    - club jerseys

They are some/a few:

- shorts
    - unpadded longs
    - gilets (although mainly XXL)
    - base layers

I spoke to one of the staff and they said they would get some more stuff in but would probably be more of the same.

Hope that helps!
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    gingernash wrote:
    They appear to have lots of:

- gloves, caps and arm warmers

Hope that helps!

That's annoying, was about to head off for a cheeky early afternoon and got pulled back as I'll be needed 'in a while'...bah!

If anybody is going and is willing / able to find and pick me up a pair of small Grand Tour gloves in black then it would be very much appreciated - happy to transfer money across ASAP.
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'm going to take a gamble and go tomorrow, hopefully not as busy but I doubt it! Wouldn't mind some arm warmers and new gloves..
  • pangolin
    It's right by my work lastant so I'm happy to get some for you at 5.

Small grand tour gloves in black on order.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Is there any secure bike parking anywhere nearby? On the best bike today and don't fancy leaving it in randomly in the street in that area.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • pangolin
    There are railings right outside if you have a lock. Otherwise if it's quieter they might let you take it in.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • gingernash
    gingernash Posts: 123
    They were letting people bring their bikes in when I was there. There is a lot of space on the shop floor by the windows.
  • keyser__soze
    May have a butcher's on the way home, but won't be able to go in unless I can take my bike in as I don't have a lock :( Guess I'd be there about 5.30 so could be busy. What's the chance of finding a large jersey? Slim I'd have thought.
  • dhope
    May have a butcher's on the way home, but won't be able to go in unless I can take my bike in as I don't have a lock :( Guess I'd be there about 5.30 so could be busy. What's the chance of finding a large jersey? Slim I'd have thought.

You'll probably be able to take the bike in. Probably...
    You'll probably be able to find a large jersey. Probably...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • pangolin
    There were quite a lot of these http://www.rapha.cc/country-jersey/ in white and red in large at about 1pm. Also these http://www.rapha.cc/club-jersey/ in green. Worth a look still I reckon. XL was harder to find...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    edited July 2011

Actually I'd say odds of finding stuff in L are quite good. I saw a lot of XL, XXL and some L. I was looking for a small jersey and bib shorts for my b/f and totally failed - the only cycling jerseys I found in his size were in pink or red which is NBG as he's ginger. And the club top is out cos he races for a different club.

EDIT I meant the team top.
  • keyser__soze
    Damn, just had a meeting request for 5-6 land in my calendar and I won't be able to get out of it. If anyone is there and sees any large jerseys (or a women's medium for the missus) and wants to make a pint or two profit for their troubles I'd happily take them.