A new low for a bike shop??

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    cougie wrote:
    And you set up a bikeradar account to complain about something that none of us can see ?

Good luck with your legal case - I cant see you'll get anywhere. Move along and if you dont like a shop - then just dont give them any business.

<<Under my name - account set up June 6th - over 6 weeks ago. If you want to see proof of the twitter account then PM meyour email adrdess - as i'm sure you know if you use Twitter, when someone starts following you - you get an email to tell you. I still have that as well as all the screen prints of the Tweets.

Extract from Twitter " ****SwinePrick Pignipples
    I basically spend my life boring the tits off everyone I meet, whilst making a nuisance of myself in every bike shop I visit with my mate Shaun
    1 room bedsit Heswall, Wirral
    13 Tweets
    83 Following
    6 Followers "

That was just for starters anyway but gives you the jist.... SleepingMenace - thats where the bedsit comment comes from.

I dont have a legal case and wont do unless the person responsible continues. Twitter have taken action it seems to remove the offensive account and as per my 2nd post a case would only be built if it continued. I've also been contacted by one of the owners of the shop concerned (imho the innocent one in this stunt - and i genuinely believe he had no idea of the twitter account). He has been told exactly what happened and I trust he'll see sense and put a stop to this before it escalates as to be honest as has been pointed out - it makes no sense for a business to alienate their current and future customers so really i'd hope the owner would not want this to go further and ensure it stops.

I know of at least 6 locally who will never use that shop again anyway (plus me - although i'm "no longer welcome" anyway, and already decided that this morning anyway). He did try threatening me with legal action which gave myself, a solicitor friend and my police inspector mate a laugh as in both of their words "its only libelous if it isn't true!!" but i think he has enough business accumen given my reply plus proof of the Twitter account to know he'd lose hands down on that one - especially given the number of people locally who have seen and witnessed the actions both today and in the recent past (ie i'm not exactly the first!!).

Anyway, we shall see what happens and for those who think i'm just after revenge, I sure am since the twititer account was set up. If you think i'm making it up then so be it - you're welcome to a copy of the Twitter notification email. Until this morning i'd tried to stay roughly onside with the shop although they knew I wasnt impressed over the bike they built and the bike owner hasnt been in there in about 2 months.

My own bike came from Cheshire Oaks Cycles by the way - back in late January. I was actually disappointed after buying it and finding the new shop as they are a Kuota dealer also - i'd have bought a Khama without doubt!!
  • Now I spend my life boring the tits off everyone on Bikeradar
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Judging by the name, it definitely seems to be someone who isn't claiming to be the shop. Seems that your claim is against that single person, and that you are just blaming the shop to make a bigger deal about things.

That's if this twitter thing even exists.

Stop throwing a hissy fit, and get over it.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I have no idea what's going on here :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    MattC59 wrote:

Don't worry about it - it's a really boring story about something that never happened written by a guy who felt that a shop that didn't pick on him on Twitter didn't pick on him and all his lawyer and police inspector friends (incidentally, they weren't picked on either).

But it turns out it didn't happen anyway but he thought he would drag the name of an innocent bike shop into it anyway and cause them to lose business although nothing happened in the end. Or the begining.

And he didn't like the shop he bought his bike from either (but thought that he would name them here anyway) and wanted to go to the shop that didn't pick on all his lawyer and police inspector friends even though they didn't pick on him either.

Or something like that. But I must admit that I'm not sure any of this actually happened anyway.

Right, I'm off to blow something up.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Another thread for the Cake Stop hall of fame.
  • +1 to having no idea as to what the hell is going on in this thread. confused :D
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    BLAAAAAAME WIGGLE !!!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I'm having a coffee and some cake.
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    BE WARNED!!!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    That summary may or may not have been amazing, if it hadn't been picked on.

Right all, I'm off to enjoy stuff, unlike Paul does.

Tschus schatzi
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222

I did have to laugh at their comment about me living in a 1 bedroom bedsit though - its actually a 3 bed cottage with garage beside the river but never mind - thats how childish they are being!

awesome, do you have ducks and an audi?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Here's to begging my wife to go get me some CHOCOLATE, while I wait to see what happens next with this thread. Who shall we slander next LOL.
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Yossie wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Don't worry about it - it's a really boring story about something that never happened written by a guy who felt that a shop that didn't pick on him on Twitter didn't pick on him and all his lawyer and police inspector friends (incidentally, they weren't picked on either).

But it turns out it didn't happen anyway but he thought he would drag the name of an innocent bike shop into it anyway and cause them to lose business although nothing happened in the end. Or the begining.

And he didn't like the shop he bought his bike from either (but thought that he would name them here anyway) and wanted to go to the shop that didn't pick on all his lawyer and police inspector friends even though they didn't pick on him either.

Or something like that. But I must admit that I'm not sure any of this actually happened anyway.

Right, I'm off to blow something up.

:D Sounds like an episode of "Tales Of The Unexpected" to me!
  • Wirral_paul
    MrChuck wrote:
    what seems to be one individual connected with this bike shop setting up a Twitter account just to attack me personally. Not big and not clever of that person. Word is already spreading via Twitter from numerous others with fromer dealings with that shop

So is it the shop, or someone connected with the shop somehow that's on Twitter?

Seemingly one of the two partners - referred to info that so few had access to in the fake account (it was a play on my name - and got banned within an hour of me reporting it). Sad thing is it seems that the other partner was totally in the dark about the stupid stunt but stands the most to lose!! He contacted me by email today and hasnt replied since i sent him the email notification to the spoof / harassing Twitter account.

The shop are on Twitter and we all kept in touch via there - its the only reason I set a Twitter account up as until now was a club member, and so the only people following me other than the random add's that happen were cyclists from the group. Kinda cut the potentials down to about 4 people who have access to both twitter and facebook accounts
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    GMB wrote:
    I'm having a coffee and some cake.

Do you feel that your cake was properly baked, if not can I suggest you start a tenuous thread where you can complain about it because you have time on your hands.

Be sure to tell us all what type of cake it is as well though and we'll try to get at least a seven man boycott of the bakery organised.

That'll teach the buggars.
  • Wirral_paul
    dodgy wrote:
    I come back from holiday and all hell has broken lose with my LBS!

Nothing to do with me any of this, just hope it all gets sorted amicably, there was (probaby still is, not been in since getting home late last night) a real good vibe in the local shop with the riders who frequented it. They even formed a club and the shop had shirts printed.

Come on chaps, or I'll bang your heads together :lol:

Haha i'm afraid so Dave. At least you have the advantage (unlike everyone else on here) of knowing much of the story behind the bike in question - and know its not mine / who's it is and presumably saw the spoof account from one of the lads?? Shame they seem to be dragging loads into this now - have you fallen victim to their twitter cull yet??
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    A new low for a bike shop ? Obviously the OP has never bought anything from Dave Hinde.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • (Reaches for more popcorn while watching the action))
  • pauldavid
    (Reaches for more popcorn while watching the action))

Now then, your bound to have trouble with that, theres always some unpopped corn in the bottom of the bag. :shock: That can be almost as dangerous as a badly set up bike (obviously this is prior to an amateur mechanic putting it right)

If only I could think of a guy who may be able to help you with a bit of light complaining, Oh hang on is it a bird, is it a plane no it's whitterman aka Wirral_Paul
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Smells like bullsh*t.
  • pauldavid
    Smells like bullsh*t.

No, I believe him, he most probably has got some pop corn
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    My God! Have you seen the time? :shock:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    This thread needs less tits.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    edited July 2011
    I dunno what's going on, so have a picture of a dog wearing a wig.

a-dog-with-a-wig-on-its-head-500x335.jpg
  • pauldavid
    anto164 wrote:
    I dunno what's going on, so have a picture of a dog wearing a wig.

a-dog-with-a-wig-on-its-head-500x335.jpg

Have you got one of a dog in a wig eating popcorn???
  • Alinshearah
    Alinshearah Posts: 339
    This thread needs less tits.

less tits, but more popcorn
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Strange folk on the Wirral :shock:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Where is The Wirral, is it a pub?
  • Wirral_paul
    Smells like bullsh*t.

Yet strangely - despite the offer to forward the evidence in an earlier post re the malicious twitter account - you feel the need to comment and call me a liar effectively, rather than take up the offer!! You're not alone on that - too many are happy to be keyboard warriors rather than actually want to see some evidence!! Not one single detractor has asked!!!

Believe what you want anyway - there's enough of a growing group on the Wirral who actually know whats going on and arent so quick to assume wrongly!!

I'll leave you all to it!!