Boardman BB30 problems

124»

Comments

• startern
    startern Posts: 175
    I don't like that Praxis. Better to go with the sleeve option and convert permanently to a threaded BB in my view.
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    startern wrote:
    I don't like that Praxis. Better to go with the sleeve option.
    Why? The Praxis accepts a threaded BB. A cheap one at that.
  • startern
    Woodywmb wrote:
    startern wrote:
    I don't like that Praxis. Better to go with the sleeve option.
    Why? The Praxis accepts a threaded BB. A cheap one at that.

Compared to the Sleeve, the design of the Praxis is overly complicated. Too many moving parts, again compared to the Sleeve. The Sleeve is simple and stupid so that option is the best one in my view/experience.

In all honestly, I tend to avoid anything BB30 from the outset.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    startern wrote:
    In all honestly, I tend to avoid anything BB30 from the outset.

This. Even i would not buy a Cannondale with it.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • startern
    You could get older Cannondales with both the threaded BB option and the BB30 option. This is no longer the case as they're all BB30 now.

I rode Cannondale for five years and then moved away because of it.
  • pscarratt
    pscarratt Posts: 17
    I have a boardman road team and had problems initially with the clicky BB. Took it to halfords and had it cleaned and regreased and since then (approx 1500 miles) it's been fine. The chap at the shop however blocked up the drainage hole with bluetack and said only pull it out if you need to after a very wet ride and then replace it once it dries out. Not sure if its madness but its done the trick for me, he seemed to think that a lot more water got in that hole when riding as compared to the amount that would make it down the seat post and other frame holes and that knackered the bearings.