Bulk 'Welcome to Hoogerland' t-shirt order. Who wants one?

Comments

• fidbod
    fidbod Posts: 317
    suzyb wrote:
    Had a thought this morning.

Will there be any issues with customs. Don't want lastant getting hit with a customs bill because he's importing a dozen t-shirts.

Its a fair point - I presume that if we get hit with a customs charge it is added pro-rata to the cost of the t-shirt. No way that Lastant should get clobbered with it.

On a related subject, if you require pre-funding let me know.

Stuart
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Small for me, please.
    Men's small: Donnic, Koncordski, phy2sll2
    Men's medium: Agent57, davis, HamishD, hfidgen, Luv2ride, Wrath Rob, [Tim]
    Men's large: antlaff, fidbod, fidbod, Jay dubbleU, mkirby
    Men's XL: Kieran_Burns, FoldingJoe
    Women's XL: suzyb

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Yes please! An optimistic medium.
    Men's small: Donnic, Koncordski, phy2sll2
    Men's medium: Agent57, davis, HamishD, hfidgen, Luv2ride, Wrath Rob, [Tim], notsoblue
    Men's large: antlaff, fidbod, fidbod, Jay dubbleU, mkirby
    Men's XL: Kieran_Burns, FoldingJoe
    Women's XL: suzyb

I'm based in London so can pick up from Soho or the Morpeth.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Just to re-iterate the word of warning about customs - I have ordered t-shirts from here: www.threadless.com and have (on larger orders) been stung for customs charges, so you may get hit. Having said that, I got my 108 t-shirt (solo) and it came through no probs.

Cheers
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Order in batches of 3 to save on shipping sosts and also less likely to fall into custom's net? Not that I'm advocating tax avoidance...
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • PO Paul
    PO Paul Posts: 114
    If I'm not too late, put me down for a Men's medium please.
    In London, so can pick up and will pay in advance if required.
    Thanks
  • [Tim]
    [Tim] Posts: 64
    This still likely to happen?

(also, bump)
  • I'll have a medium. Can pick up from Soho without any probs. Let me know if you want paying in advance.
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    Can either pick up on my commute home or happy to pay for onward postage - either is fine by me :)

Thanks again!
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Sorry for the lack of updates, been a busy week at work. Anyway, having done a bit more research I found out that the Yet Another Cycling Forum lot did a batch order of the Waylandt Wouter '1o8' t-shirts so I got in touch with the poster that sorted those out.

They ordered seventeen t-shirts ($340) and got stung for duty on arrival at c.£84 inc. VAT which worked out at an extra fiver a shirt. His (I assume it's a him, they post as 'tiermat') advice to me was: 'If I was going to do it again I would make sure that was factored in, and refund it to the purchasers if duty was not applied.'

Now...I fully appreciate that whilst I know I'll be honest with this, I am posting on an internet forum and people might not be totally convinced! We currently have twenty two (!) people interested, and whilst I'd love to simply order, I'm not sure I want to get stung for £110ish of customs charges myself!

So, would people be happy to pay up front on the off chance we do get the costs added on? That would make it £23.00 a t-shirt which I do appreciate is a fair amount. Also, are direct bank transfers easy enough for people? Whilst PayPal was used by the YACF lot I'm not a huge fan of it!

I've sent another e-mail off to Kacha at Stomach of Anger to see what price he's going to quote for a bulk parcel and also to see what he thinks about customs charges and the probability we'll be hit*...

* I was thinking along the same lines of Wrath Rob otherwise, the scattergun approach and hope the majority, er, sneak through!
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I say you'll get hit by customs, but, for ease of ordering, it should be one big package. No way should someone (presumably you) have the unenviable task of coordinating multiple parcels to potentially multiple people, which are then split and re-posted. Imagine the pain if one of them is a duff, for example.

So, do it all as one, expect the customs charge, and charge for it up front. We trust you, and trust that you'll refund it if it's not applied. That, and hope for a healthy discount on bulk order and shipping.
    Bank transfer is fine by me, and it saves giving the evil swines at PayPal any more money.

Edit: meaning fix
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • PO Paul
    lastant, £23 is fine with me and if you can give an "idiots guide" to the bank transfer process I'll do that aswell, but I was planning on paying cash when I picked up the Tshirt. I appreciate you're taking on a lot of organising and thanks for the update (keep them coming).
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    davis wrote:
    I say you'll get hit by customs, but, for ease of ordering, it should be one big package. No way should someone (presumably you) have the unenviable task of coordinating multiple parcels to potentially multiple people, which are then split and re-posted. Imagine the pain if one of them is a duff, for example.

So, do it all as one, expect the customs charge, and charge for it up front. We trust you, and trust that you'll refund it if it's not applied. That, and hope for a healthy discount on bulk order and shipping.
    Bank transfer is fine by me, and it saves giving the evil swines at PayPal any more money.

Edit: meaning fix

Agree to all of the above £23 is fine. PM bank details and I'll wire over. Can collect in London. . .

Thanks again for arranging all of this.
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    ditto - go for it :)

Will aim to pick it up from you in central london.
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    £23 is good with me also.

PM me your bank details when you get final comfirmation on potential cost and I'll sort the transfer.

Thanks,
    FJ
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    lastant wrote:
    Sorry for the lack of updates, been a busy week at work. Anyway, having done a bit more research I found out that the Yet Another Cycling Forum lot did a batch order of the Waylandt Wouter '1o8' t-shirts so I got in touch with the poster that sorted those out.

Thanks for doing the research lastant. Please PM me your details and I'll sort out the transfer as soon as you tell us to pay up!
  • fidbod
    fidbod Posts: 317
    Lastant,

no Idea who you are but I think the credit risk of £46 is a reasonable risk to run given you are going to the not insignificant effort of organising this.

Therefore count me in. PM some bank details across and I will organise a payment for you.

Whilst I think about it, I should be clear I will not need postage can pick up in london.

Stuart
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    Can I add an order or is that really awkward? Happy to pay £23 and bank transfer is fine...

Size L please if I'm in time. Can collect in London.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Happy to pay the £23 upfront.

What about the postage for us in the sticks.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Wot PO paul said...

Not sure how the direct bank thing works, but happy with £23! I'd need onward postage to Wiltshire also so let me know how much (happy to do upfront)

Thanks for sorting...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    23 quid is fine with me plus UK postage
  • lastant
    Right...I've heard back from Kacha at Stomach of Anger* and he can't guarantee we won't get stung by customs, whether we order one big package or lots of little ones; in his words: 'It's out of our control what happens at customs, I'm afraid', which is fair enough I guess.

So, we'll go with the £23.00 a t-shirt as mentioned before which should cover everything for everybody - if there is someone that's ordered one for Outer Mongolia or somewhere then there will no doubt be some extra costs incurred for that one, but lets run with what we have for now! Should we not get the customs charge, I'll let people know and we can sort out refunds of that money then.

I've asked about deadlines for ordering and apparently they are 'accepting orders indefinitely, so take your time!' - obviously we want it sooner than indefinitely so if people could get their payments in by the morning of Tuesday 26th July I'll get the order off then. Hopefully that's okay?

I have PM'd everybody that's expressed an interest so far (all twenty two of us!) with details as to how to get monies sorted, but this is just to update those that don't check their PMs or have e-mail notification of them coming in.

Thanks everyone, it's been pretty painless so far...

* They're a lovely company to correspond with, which does fill me with confidence!
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • lastant
    Quick update, and apologies for leaving it 'til now but I was away this weekend.

Anyway...thank you to those of you that have responded so quickly, it really is appreciated. There's only six that haven't responded so far - I've sent reminders out so hopefully we'll have a full return by the time the order's being placed.

Thanks once again.
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    hi lastant - just transferred money but says if might take 3/4days. Have added £2 for postage and sent pm with address.
    your a star for sorting this out!
  • lastant
    Hey everybody...update on these t-shirts.

Was a bit worried after a little radio silence from the Stomach of Anger guys, but the order's been placed (twice...after Barclaycard Fraud Prevention vetoed the initial transaction) so it's a case now of waiting and seeing if the Customs boys let the package through without stamping duty on it!

Will update as and when necessary, but for now I'll leave this with a list of those that 'made the cut' in terms of payment...

Agent57, antlaff, davis, Donnic, fidbox (x2), FoldingJoe, GraemeS, HamishD, hfidgen, Jay_dubbleU, Koncordski, lastant, Luv2ride, notsoblue, pangolin, phy2sll2, PO Paul, rowing_sculling, suzyb, [TIM] and Wrath Rob

Thank you to everyone above, the process has (so far) been pretty smooth...
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    lastant wrote:

Thank you to everyone above, the process has (so far) been pretty smooth...

No, thank you! :)
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Cheers Lastant, :)
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Thanks lastant.
  • PO Paul
    Again, thanks.
    Looking forward to hearing from you lastant.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Doh I missed out on this.

If you do happen to have any Spare Medium shirts available after all these have been dished out. Let me know will be happy to pay for one.

I wasn't that impressed with the oversea shipping prices but i guess it's to be expected.