TDF 2011 - Stage 12 Spoiler

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I am hoping we'll see Sly S hit the front and do his magic today. But as it's the first mountain stage I reckon he'll be kept in reserve.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    I am hoping we'll see Sly S hit the front and do his magic today. But as it's the first mountain stage I reckon he'll be kept in reserve.

Really? He's running out of mountains to do something. He had enough chances in the Giro.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Was Sly unwell in the Giro?

Really interested to see how Basso goes today. He's proabably the only one with the talent to go with Bertie and Andy, but unclear if he's in form and recovered from that crash.
    exercise.png
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    just realised that its on ES from 11am today, no wonder so may are at home watching it. there goes productivity for today!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    iainf72 wrote:

Really? He's running out of mountains to do something. He had enough chances in the Giro.

He was ill in the Giro. He's ok now. And remember, he's just a worker bee, so his job is to monster everyone early on.

I think he's the best mountain domestique.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

He was ill in the Giro. He's ok now. And remember, he's just a worker bee, so his job is to monster everyone early on.

I picked Basso on PTP for this (possibly misguided) reason!

At work today but ITV4 will be on the TV in the boardroom. I may not be very productive this afternoon.
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Me too (joint with Navarro).
    He was ill in the giro but recovered in time to do his stuff on the colle delle finestre on the penultimate stage. He can't monster the field day after day by himself though just in case Basso has good form. I don't think we'll see him really do his stuff until the Alps.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    smithy21 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

At work today but ITV4 will be on the TV in the boardroom. I may not be very productive this afternoon.

Own office.

Locked door.

Live stream. :D:D:D

I might even watch the Tour afterward too :wink:

Strava is not Zen.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    “The knee is responding well and that’s why I’m so happy, but you have keep in mind that today I didn’t climb the Tourmalet. I have to see how it responds and, based on that, make a decision about the last big climb.”

“The knee never once bothered me,” said the Saxo Bank-SunGard leader. “Maybe for me the rain was just the medicine, because it was like ice,” he said light-heartedly, and continued joking that part of tomorrow’s stage reminded him “a little of the Giro d’Italia, except over there they’d have more like 200 kilometers of climbs.” “Tomorrow will be a difficult day, the first hard day, and one where the favorites have to show their state of form on very demanding mountains. We’ll see how all the legs respond.”

He is cagegy about attacking too. Saying that because he is a little beat up his time may come later.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    And we are racing!!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    G in a break according to letour.fr
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    edited July 2011
    These guys have got to 35 seconds:
    Mangel (SAU)
    Perez (EUS)
    Gutierrez (MOV)
    Thomas (SKY)
    Roy (FDJ)
    Kadri (ALM)

It'll stick now, it's gone out to 2 minutes as I typed the list. Geraint Thomas has some wily company there for a long day in the saddle!
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    Seeing as he doesn't have to marshall Wiggins anymore, might aswell go out & enjoy himself & see what happens
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    These riders are in a breakaway about 2'00 up the road:

Ruben Perez
    Jose Ivan Gutierrez
    Blel Kadri
    Geraint Thomas
    Jeremy Roy
    Laurent Mangel
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    edited July 2011
    Maybe G fancies wearing the Polkadot for a day? A real long shot obviously!
  • FDJ have been in breaks every day haven't they?
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Great to see G in the break - hope he gets something out of it.

Could they be putting him up the road so he can help Uran later?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    calvjones wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Own office.

Locked door.

Can I ask what stream you'll use? I'd like to watch some of it on my smartphone.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Eurosport player doesn't seem to be working. Today of all days! :( :evil:
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    calvjones wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Own office.

Locked door.

Can I ask what stream you'll use? I'd like to watch some of it on my smartphone.

there is a justin.tv app for iphone where you can usually find a decent stream
  • if you're in the UK, the ITV website normally has it on (think it starts at 12 today).

Unfortunately, my work routes it's servers through Germany so I can't access the ITV stream :(
  • rick_chasey
    Gash.

Just realised I forgot to record the Tour and I'm out tonight.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Gash.

Then you can't go out tonight ... end of.
    exercise.png
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    calvjones wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Own office.

Locked door.

http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-6.php seems quite high quality & reliable

Strava is not Zen.
  • rick_chasey
    TheStone wrote:
    Gash.

Then you can't go out tonight ... end of.

Ah, it's £50 worth of tickets and the gf is very excited.

Someone's going to be up late sitting in front of cycling torrents...
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,585
    Gash.

If you have Sky plus you can do it remotely from your phone.
  • Gash.

If you've got Sky, just set it through their website
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    One break, it's gone. Over 5 minute lead as we get live pictures.
    French tv stayed with that twit, Sarkozy, inspecting his troups in Paris.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    dont they know a french guy is yellow?
  • rick_chasey
    Gash.

If you've got Sky, just set it through their website

That would involve having my sky box hooked up to my internet/telephone line.