The Embankment scavenger hunt

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    What's with the lists? Have we come over al LFGSS for some reason?

Anyway, my scalp will be available for collection on the Embankment from 1st August onwards.

Possibly on a black and grey CR1 , various kit and an orange rucksack, possibly on something yet to be purchased with various kit and an orange rucksack.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Embankment riders:

cjcp friendly (in a good way)
    iPete
    JonGinge - ginger > spinnier than a centrifuge on hyper speed > fast
    notsoblue - red plantet x > v low cadence > tall
    pitchshifter
    willy b - Giant TCR Alliance Zero > Giant Bib Shorts > Yellow Fluro gilet > Blue Bag
    Wrath Rob - often seen with fluro bag cover
    Greg T - bald half man half bear creature > approach with caution
    Monky Monster - dark grey cannondale mtb with slicks > red face mask > blue crumpler/black camelback > black shorts
    clarkey cat - Orange Condor Fratello. Rear mudguard. Black condor shorts
    Koncordski - Trek 1.1 Blue > Black Lycra Shorts > Yellow Jersey > Grey Deuter Bag
    JZed - Planet X White/Trek MTB Yellow > Varies > Green Rucksack
    Mr_Ribble
    Timmyflash
    theotherme
    Keyser__Soze
    Greg66 - it's all in the sig.
    lastant
    cambs - specialized roubaix black/ silver > Orange hump bag cover
    richVSrich - black boardman hybrid with white crudcatchers > often wearing red shorts over blue lycra > orange hump backpack cover
    hfidgen - Grey / White BMC > Blue shorts > Black/Orange bag > Going the other way to most of you guys...
    Bassjunkieuk - Black/red Giant SCR 3.0 with black/red rucksack. At the moment it's combat shorts and sleeveless top, tattoo'd and sporting a helmet cam which makes me VERY easy to spot :-)
    rjsterry - scuffed white, steel-framed Giant roadie, occasionally with 'guards. Always have white Spesh Propero lid, and black facemask, and usually orange dhb glasses, a variety of lycra, although mostly red/black. Navy blue Crumpler courier bag.

I tend to commute a bit ;ater than most, so often see JonGinge, and occasionally NSB and G66. Seen CJCP once
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Asprilla wrote:
    Possibly on a black and grey CR1.

I briefly complimented someone this morning on a black and grey CR1 with Zipp 404 wheels, c.0715 on the Kings Road. You?
  • asprilla
    Gussio wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Possibly on a black and grey CR1.

I briefly complimented someone this morning on a black and grey CR1 with Zipp 404 wheels, c.0715 on the Kings Road. You?

Not me, my commute doesn't head that way August. Also I don't have Zipp 404s and I've not even left the house in Surrey by 7.15.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Zipp404s on the Kings Road
    220px-The_Scream.jpg
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    JonGinge wrote:

The ultimate scalp?
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    JZed wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

The ultimate scalp?

Was a lovely bike. He wasn't trying.
  • asprilla
    JonGinge wrote:
    220px-The_Scream.jpg

CJCP occasionally takes his woooshy carbon bling hoops up there doesn't he? Also, I've seen the chap CJCP calls The Ultimate Commuting Machine on a set of very deep American Classics going thataway.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Gussio wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

The ultimate scalp?

Was a lovely bike. He wasn't trying.

Probably mesmerized by the lovely sound.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I think thats the one he got nicked - orange Fratello now I'm pretty sure

In that case, yes, I am Jon Snow.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    220px-The_Scream.jpg

CJCP occasionally takes his woooshy carbon bling hoops up there doesn't he? Also, I've seen the chap CJCP calls The Ultimate Commuting Machine on a set of very deep American Classics going thataway.

Rode them up to the Nocturne. The sound they make (scientists recently described it as "The Hum of Awesomeness") is hypnotic.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Tricycleboy
    Tricycleboy Posts: 373
    rjsterry wrote:
    Embankment riders:

iPete
    pitchshifter
    willy b - Giant TCR Alliance Zero > Giant Bib Shorts > Yellow Fluro gilet > Blue Bag
    Greg T - bald half man half bear creature > approach with caution
    Monky Monster - dark grey cannondale mtb with slicks > red face mask > blue crumpler/black camelback > black shorts
    Koncordski - Trek 1.1 Blue > Black Lycra Shorts > Yellow Jersey > Grey Deuter Bag
    Mr_Ribble
    Timmyflash
    theotherme
    Keyser__Soze
    lastant
    richVSrich - black boardman hybrid with white crudcatchers > often wearing red shorts over blue lycra > orange hump backpack cover
    hfidgen - Grey / White BMC > Blue shorts > Black/Orange bag > Going the other way to most of you guys...
    Bassjunkieuk - Black/red Giant SCR 3.0 with black/red rucksack. At the moment it's combat shorts and sleeveless top, tattoo'd and sporting a helmet cam which makes me VERY easy to spot :-)
    rjsterry - scuffed white, steel-framed Giant roadie, occasionally with 'guards. Always have white Spesh Propero lid, and black facemask, and usually orange dhb glasses, a variety of lycra, although mostly red/black. Navy blue Crumpler courier bag.
    Tricycleboy- Gran Fondo w/ red tyres, Grey baggies and various team kit tops, red Deuter bag.

I'm not Jon Snow... and i didn't nick his bike either

although i used to ride past a newsagents in shepherds bush called Jon Snow-never found out why they named it after him
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Is this you Clarkey?

http://twitpic.com/5pia9y

Was about the best shot I had, the ones after that are me disappearing ahead after the guys I could see in the distance :-) I tend not to hang around down there.....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Is this you Clarkey?

Was about the best shot I had, the ones after that are me disappearing ahead after the guys I could see in the distance :-) I tend not to hang around down there.....

Bassjunkie, it falls upon you to use stills from your camera footage to identify everyone on The List :)
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Anyone else think we need a "badge of SCR" to display? I'm considering a cheap Chinese carbon frame for the next commuter, so can make up my own logos to put on it. Like Team SCR :oops:

I was thinking this too, because theres no way Im going to remember what everyone is riding!

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Blurred outline of a bike + rider silhouette, with a lightning bolt through the background and "Team S.C.R. " underneath

:D

yeah!
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Is this you Clarkey?

that is a lovely colour combo topwise :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    If it is then no motorist can use the SMIDSY excuse with that fashionable colour combo
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    edited July 2011
    Embankment riders:

iPete
    pitchshifter
    Greg T - bald half man half bear creature > approach with caution - Ahem - And White Cannondale CAAD9 - nice legs - crumpler courier bag - little bike cap - Martini.
    Mr_Ribble
    Timmyflash
    theotherme
    Keyser__Soze
    Greg66 - it's all in the sig - thin looking calves - big sad eyes - looks like an anorexic power ranger
    lastant
    Tricycleboy- Gran Fondo w/ red tyres, Grey baggies and various team kit tops, red Deuter bag.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    JonGinge wrote:
    220px-The_Scream.jpg
    Quite a lot of bling kit on NKR/Embankment today; I suspect they're all racing somewhere this evening...

Had to ride my disc into work a while back; luckily no-one here spotted me :-)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • clarkey cat
    edited July 2011
    Is this you Clarkey?

That is I.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Embankment riders:

iPete
    notsoblue - Red Planet X SL Pro > Red/White/Black Castelli bibs > Black PX/Black White Castelli Jersey > v low cadence > tall
    pitchshifter > Tarty Green Cadence SS > Blurry area where legs and crankset should be.
    Greg T - bald half man half bear creature > approach with caution - Ahem - And White Cannondale CAAD9 - nice legs
    Mr_Ribble
    Timmyflash
    theotherme
    Keyser__Soze
    lastant
  • Bassjunkieuk
    notsoblue wrote:
    Is this you Clarkey?

Bassjunkie, it falls upon you to use stills from your camera footage to identify everyone on The List :)

If I get anyone I recognize I will post up pics (assuming they are OK with it?)
    Most will probably just be rear and possibly side on *if* I can recognize them quick enough. May be easier if people keep an eye out for me :-)

FWIW this is me:

http://twitpic.com/5pii2s

Not the best self-shot picture, but you get a rough idea.....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Is this you Clarkey?

That is I.

schweet! shall say hello next time :-)

/crosses Clarkey Cat out of his SCR iSpy book
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Embankment riders:

iPete
    notsoblue - Red Planet X SL Pro > Red/White/Black Castelli bibs > Black PX/Black White Castelli Jersey > v low cadence > tall
    pitchshifter > Tarty Green Cadence SS > Blurry area where legs and crankset should be.
    Greg T - bald half man half bear creature > approach with caution - Ahem - And White Cannondale CAAD9 - nice legs - crumpler messenger bag - Martini
    Mr_Ribble
    Timmyflash
    theotherme
    Keyser__Soze
    Greg66 - it's all in the sig - weak looking thin ankles, monotone RED clothing - sad eyes.
    lastant

Some factual editing
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    notsoblue wrote:
    Is this you Clarkey?

If I get anyone I recognize I will post up pics (assuming they are OK with it?)
    Most will probably just be rear and possibly side on *if* I can recognize them quick enough. May be easier if people keep an eye out for me :-)

FWIW this is me:

http://twitpic.com/5pii2s

Not the best self-shot picture, but you get a rough idea.....

Trim that steerer, please.

(Good grief what is the matter with me?)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • clarkey cat
    A useful hatstand perhaps?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    A useful hatstand perhaps?

A scalp-stand maybe :evil:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • clarkey cat
    mine used to be so long I rested my chin on it when on the drops.
  • asprilla
    mine used to be so long I rested my chin on it when on the drops.

Presumably only when the weather was warm?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3