Please help trace this thug.

13»

Comments

• Man arrested over Bexley road-rage attack on cyclist
    A man has been arrested over a road-rage assault on a cyclist in London.

Police said a 29-year-old man was being held on suspicion of assault after voluntarily attending a police station.

Simon Page, 49, of Guildford, Surrey, was punched in the head by a car driver as he rode through Bexley Village, Bexley, south-east London, on 15 May.

Footage of the assault was captured on a helmet-cam by one of six others cycling with Mr Page from Dover to London in training for a charity ride.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    His mum saw him on the news more like!

Hope this gets sorted. :D

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382
    Good news, but I think it's generally considered good form to show where you've quoted stuff from
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    rjsterry wrote:
    Good news, but I think it's generally considered good form to show where you've quoted stuff from

Googles your friend:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14150913
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A 29-year-old man has handed himself in to a south London police station in connection with the assault on cyclist Simon Page.

John Nicholls of Dartford in Kent attended the police station accompanied by a solicitor, at which point he was arrested on suspicion of assault.

At 13.34pm today he was charged with the offence of Common Assault by Beating and bailed to appear before Bexley Magistrates Court on July 25.

http://road.cc/content/news/38853-break ... n-arrested
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    redvee wrote:
    A 29-year-old man has handed himself in to a south London police station in connection with the assault on cyclist Simon Page.

John Nicholls of Dartford in Kent attended the police station accompanied by a solicitor, at which point he was arrested on suspicion of assault.

At 13.34pm today he was charged with the offence of Common Assault by Beating and bailed to appear before Bexley Magistrates Court on July 25.

http://road.cc/content/news/38853-break ... n-arrested

What about stealing the car......
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    Heh yeah - if he turns out to be best mates with the owner surely that's obstructing the police? (or somesuch)
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • Driving with no insurance too, that'l bump his premiums.
  • Hope they ban him from driving for a while just so he has to cycle everywhere instead!
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Be careful guys, very careful, as similar such situations have had very serious and tragic outcomes :

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... -23432533/
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Step forward, John Nicholls!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Result!
  • Andrew N
    Andrew N Posts: 119
    The Bexely bod was charged yesterday for Common Assault but has been released on bail. Lets hope a cyclist doesn't drink in his local
    www.goinggoingbike.com
    More of a Wilmington bod ('village' near Dartford).
  • Zachariah wrote:

Even on The Guardian someone posts "I don't condone violence but..."

Sheesh.
  • Zachariah wrote:

Even on The Guardian someone posts "I don't condone violence but..."

Sheesh.

The text quoted above does not appear amongst the comments. Deleted?
  • Third comment:

Funny how we only get to see the assault, not what the cyclist(s) did before it happened?

I am not for one second condoning what the motorist did. It is utterly wrong.

But to not show the proper context equates to unfair trial by internet.

I am both a cyclist and driver. Every single day I see dozens of horrendous acts by cyclists who are inconsiderate at best, dangerous and suicidal at worst.

I'm also a former journalist and know that lots of journalists cycle to work, so cyclists get an absurdly positive press and are always the heroic victims in the face of aggressive drivers.

I hope the motorist in the video gets punished as he deserves, but cyclists remain their own worst enemies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/b ... ged-attack

He gets a right royal kicking.
  • Dude can't spell for shit:

http://www.jjfarriers.co.uk/about.html
  • what concerns me the most is the state of those punches. left hander to the back of the helmet lol
  • Dude can't spell for shoot:

An illiterate farrier bully boy, eh? I think he may soon find he has anvil management issues...
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Dude can't spell for shoot

A word to the wise: be certain that is the right man. Otherwise you've just defamed someone quite badly. Don't rely on being able to stay anonymous if he chose to come after you.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Dude can't spell for shoot:

An illiterate farrier bully boy, eh? I think he may soon find he has anvil management issues...

Nice work Mr Marmoset....nice work indeed!

Graham. :D
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what concerns me the most is the state of those punches. left hander to the back of the helmet lol

and he is meant to be a boxer from is FB profile.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Greg66 wrote:
    Dude can't spell for shoot

A word to the wise: be certain that is the right man. Otherwise you've just defamed someone quite badly. Don't rely on being able to stay anonymous if he chose to come after you.

True. That said, the John Nicholls in the website looks an awful like the John Nicholls in the video. The John Nicholls on facebook (using email address from the site) also looks very much like the John Nicholls on the video.

But as nick says, that's not a boxer's punch, so they've either got the wrong man or he's been telling porkies! :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    An irate motorist who was shown on YouTube punching a cyclist was fined £400 and ordered to pay £100 compensation with a further £100 costs on Monday.

John Nicholls, 29, of Edwin Road, Dartford, pleaded guilty in Bexley Magistrates’ Court to assaulting Simon Page during an altercation in Bexley Village on May 15.

Prosecutor Catherine Wear said a group of cyclists including Page had remonstrated with Nicholls that he was driving too close to them, and at the third confrontation one of the cyclists slapped the rear passenger door of the car to attract attention. The driver believed that a cyclist had kicked and broken a wing mirror, got out of his car and swung a fist at the victim.

The scene was filmed by one of the cyclists and has been viewed at least 100,000 times on YouTube, Nicholls’ defence solicitor Craig Harris told the court. “The film recording shows an extremely unattractive picture. Mr Nicholls is utterly remorseful and ashamed of his actions on the day and has offered to pay compensation. He reported himself to police when his name was made public,” Harris said.

Nicholls, a self-employed farrier, was not unsympathetic to cyclists but had been affected by the death of his mother a week earlier and was on his way to arrange the funeral at the time of the incident, Harris said, adding this was “an isolated single case which caused no injury. He lost his temper because of his state of mind at the time.”

Nicholls was deeply embarrassed by the YouTube clip which had resulted in harassment and a number of vicious messages on his mobile phone, the solicitor said.

Passing sentence, District Judge Roger Ede said: “Cyclists are very vulnerable and car drivers need to respect them by not driving too close.”
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    £50 for a roadset including pins, looks like a bargain.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • Thanks for the update.

No mention then about a charge for stealing (then returning) the car, or for obstructing the Police if car was lent by the owner?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • condorman
    condorman Posts: 811
    Remember, it wasn't stealing just borrowed err, without the owner's consent. It's what you do in Dartford if you're off to a funeral.
    Condor Pista
    50x16