TDF Stage 7 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Anyone think Wiggins might try and get back on form for the Vuelta now seeing as his legs will be saved now?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    When Cav went to his left there I had a bad feeling he was in for another DQ for blocking Petacchi.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    was neck and neck, greipel came up the right cav just get steady and slowly pulled away. Between 5k and 4k they topped 40mph. Outstanding.

2nd group still riding over 2.30 at the mo.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Noclue wrote:
    Anyone think Wiggins might try and get back on form for the Vuelta now seeing as his legs will be saved now?

I was thinking the same but I don't know how easy it is to recover from a broken collarbone and then taper up for a GT in a little over a month?
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Nice touch from Cav. Recreating his first tour stage win with his hands on his helmet! :lol:
  • milton50
    Second group about 3 mins down. It's over for their GC ambitions.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Oh dear, someone's posted a massive spoiler in cakestop.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Noclue wrote:

Somehow I can't see Wiggins being able to motivate himself quite so much for the Vuelta, but he definitely should try.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Milton50 wrote:
    I was thinking the same but I don't know how easy it is to recover from a broken collarbone and then taper up for a GT in a little over a month?

Armstrong did it OK in '09.

Good attempt by Greipel there, going from a long way out. Nice one Cav though. Again!
  • Milton50 wrote:
    Noclue wrote:

I think I read somewhere that it's about 8 weeks for a collarbone repair depending on the severity. And that it's not as bad a fracture as you can still do turbo work etc on the legs.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Feillu is the ugliest and most dangerous (French- so will never be pulled up for dangerous riding at the Tour) sprinter there is. Lethal bloke.

Leipheimer had a couple of kids laughing at him whilst he was having his wheel changed; that must have p1ssed him off.
    Leipy didn't panic a few days before when AC lost time from crashes; he said it's a long way to go in the Tour; wise word, wise words!

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,206
    Some lazy gins in that second group. If all the teamshad helped out the gap would have been much less and there were some big names in there.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Cav just informed that Wiggo is out and swears on live TV. But genuinely upset for him. And didn't know.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Assuming it is a collarbone and not an elbow or wrist fracture.
  • WOW seems Cav and Wiggo are still mates. He looked seriously saddened by the news of Wiggo :(
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Great win for Cav bravo, but what a bitter sweet day eh. So, so gutted for Wiggins :cry:
  • graeme_s-2
    Interviewer "Wiggins is out, he crashed, broken collar bone"
    Cav "what? Aw, shit!"
    Interviewer "your reaction?"

I think that was his reaction!
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Again Cav goes up in my estimation after his comments on hearing about Wiggins.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Cav now moves ahead of Anqutiel in stage wins to joint 8th with 17 he is icertainly
    n exalted conpany . Cav looked gutted for Wiggins there.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Pross wrote:
    Some lazy gins in that second group. If all the teamshad helped out the gap would have been much less and there were some big names in there.

Looked like Sky did all the work!
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    WOW seems Cav and Wiggo are still mates. He looked seriously saddened by the news of Wiggo :(

And teammates next season :)
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    1 Eddy Merckx  Belgium 34
    2 Bernard Hinault  France 28
    3 André Leducq France 25
    4 Lance Armstrong  United States 22
    4 André Darrigade  France 22
    6 Nicolas Frantz  Luxembourg 20
    7 François Faber  Luxembourg 19
    8 Jean Alavoine  France 17
    8 Mark Cavendish  United Kingdom 17
    10 Jacques Anquetil  France 16
    10 René Le Greves France 16
    10 Charles Pelissier  France 16
    exercise.png
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    701cdfbc1641f8ba3d090e25be5f076c-getty-_.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Let's look on the bright side from a British point of view. Green jersey standings:

JJ Rojas 167
    Gilbert 152
    Cav 150
    Thor 130

Next best 99

The deficit sliced away in one sprint.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Sorry to say but I doubt wiggo would have made podium anyways..
    cartoon.jpg
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Doobz wrote:

But either way it would have been so much fun watching him try.

Gutted.
  • graeme_s-2
    Doobz wrote:
    Probably not but would have been fun to see what would have happened
  • milton50
    Assuming it is a collarbone and not an elbow or wrist fracture.

The BBC have confirmed it is the collarbone.
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    Doobz wrote:

Maybe not, but still not a good way to have that confirmed.

He was definitely in career best form on the road and at least had a chance of a podium finish.

Too bad for him.
  • Doobz wrote:

But either way it would have been so much fun watching him try.

Gutted.

+1
    I was really looking forward to seeing just how well he could do. The tour just won't be as entertaining for me now without his inclusion. I may have to pin my hopes on Cuddles now.